So you hate 2XP...

Knightstorme

I think what some players want is something like the Stone of the Tortoise from LOTRO. This would allow them to moderate their XP gain anytime, not just during Double-XP Weekend. And, yes, the Stone is sold through the LOTRO store ... so BW could make money off the idea.

But this breaks the intention of leveling. If you can chose to stay a level, what's stopping you from farming comms?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this breaks the intention of leveling. If you can chose to stay a level, what's stopping you from farming comms?

There's a flaw in your logic.

Players can already "farm comms" by going to previous planets an run Heroics. In fact, if your purpose were to farm comms, it's faster to be overleveled than would be to tackle it "at level".

I think what some players want is something like the Stone of the Tortoise from LOTRO. This would allow them to moderate their XP gain anytime, not just during Double-XP Weekend. And, yes, the Stone is sold through the LOTRO store ... so BW could make money off the idea.

I was about to suggest a simple toggle option for exactly this rather than for turning off Double XP in particular, but a special item (even a CM item) would work just as well in my book.

Edited by DarthDymond

I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in and say I also wish there was a toggle so you could opt-out of double xp weekends. That way everyone wins; those of us who don't want to level that fast don't have to, and those that do still can.

We really need an opt out, I know some people will never understand why, but not everyone wants to level that fast. There are lots of different ways too play this game, not everyone enjoys it the same way.

There are MORE than enough complaints to warrant an opt out as a necessity.

p.s.People may not understand why some want the option. But We don't understand why the idea of having the option upsets you so much?

I don't think anyone has ever complained about having the option.

What most people get upset about is when people start demanding that double xp weekends should stop and that it's unfair to them because they "can't play" for 3-4 weekends every year (granted, it's been more recently, but still).

Most people would be fine with an option... as long as that option doesn't take too much time to develop since it is clearly a minority that wants it.

In fact, I personally don't understand why people who complain about the leveling experience being too fast already, don't just unsubscribe and play as F2P instead since that would slow down the leveling even more.

It seems like the perfect solution, yet nobody seems to want to do it.

Double xp weekends wouldn't be as bad for them then either.

I dont hate 2XP but i think its the wrong way.....

Better should be that a player, who has maybe 10 Level 55 Toons should always level faster as one with only 1 Toon.

Just give for each Level 55 Toon a XP Boost to the account... and all will be fine.....

It means they spend less time leveling and more time at 55.

People who hit 2XP hard are people who want a new 55, not people who want to walk casually through class and planetary stories.

Let's say it takes between 45 and 90 hours to level a new alt (without extreme speedleveling). With double XP, it takes between 25 and 60. Someone leveling a new class will level them to 55 either way. The 20-30 hours difference is another 20-30 hours they'll be playing at 55 instead of lowbies.

Yes, that's great. More people queueing for 55 HM in their green 45. Because that's the trend lately, people get to 55 so fast that their gear is far behind what it should be and then they expect to be carried to be geared.

So let me sum up the situation: during the weekend queues are extremely long because there are hardly any 55 to run these fps and the following week you end up with a bunch of undergeared idiots. Really I can't see a single positive thing about these weekends.

Edited by demotivator

Double XP actually helped sway my decision to return. After all the stuff going on with the other MMO, and it's lackluster appearance, DXP was the perfect thing to get me back into the game. Now, I am just trying to figure out which class does amazing damage with great survivability (PvE only). Aside from picking the class, DXP is just the thing to help people finally get over that hump.

I don't hate double xp weekends but I do wish we could at least toggle the bonus off Some of us enjoy the journey not just the destination and speed levelling makes enjoying the journey (for some us) less enjoyable.

I don't hate double xp weekends but I do wish we could at least toggle the bonus off Some of us enjoy the journey not just the destination and speed levelling makes enjoying the journey (for some us) less enjoyable.

I still take the journey, even if I am over leveled for it. Nothing is stopping me from doing all the quests. Even if I am 5 levels above the mobs. Just makes the mission portion a bit easier.

I still take the journey, even if I am over leveled for it. Nothing is stopping me from doing all the quests. Even if I am 5 levels above the mobs. Just makes the mission portion a bit easier.

I agree nothing stops you doing the content but it is less enjoyable when the content involves nothing that can harm you because your completely out levelled for it. Double Xp can do that to you real easy :) Once all the risk goes so does some of the enjoyment.

Nothing is stopping me from farming comms even if I level. It's not like you magically stop getting them once you're overleveled. oô

I agree nothing stops you doing the content but it is less enjoyable when the content involves nothing that can harm you because your completely out levelled for it. Double Xp can do that to you real easy :) Once all the risk goes so does some of the enjoyment.

Easiest way to remedy that is only wear mod gear with no mods :)

Easiest way to remedy that is only wear mod gear with no mods :)

Im not sure the easiest way to fix a double xp bonus I don't want is to force a character to have to unmod. The easiest way to remedy it is to make the bonus TOGGLABLE. :)

Well, it's very easy to keep pace on 2xXP weekends. Only do your class and main planetary quest lines, and this way you'll be fine, and will also experience the full story content, since all the secondary quests which you will skip (and boy I love skipping those) would give you almost nothing in terms of story (prototype - go there, smack 20 droids and bring me their asses...). Also with planetary comms it's very easy to stay well geared during the leveling.

Well, it's very easy to keep pace on 2xXP weekends. Only do your class and main planetary quest lines, and this way you'll be fine, and will also experience the full story content, since all the secondary quests which you will skip (and boy I love skipping those) would give you almost nothing in terms of story (prototype - go there, smack 20 droids and bring me their asses...). Also with planetary comms it's very easy to stay well geared during the leveling.

Oh, but don't you know?

There are apparantly some people out there that want to do every single mission available even if they've done them a gazillion times before because "it's part of the leveling journey"... :rolleyes:

This is a question for all who see double XP as an issue because either they are over leveling or some other issue... Do you dislike rested XP also?

Yes. I've been playing with my brother for a few months now. I'm subbed and he's preferred, which means that I get rested XP and he doesn't. We'll be entering Belsavis next, with him being level 42 (almost correct level for the planet) and me 45 (overleveled, though still getting xp from the mobs). I've tried to always log out in a non-rest area, but since we only get to play about two or three times a week, my rested xp still accumulates faster than I can burn through it.

Now, a difference of three levels is not a huge issue. I'm slowly getting further ahead and will probably hit 53 before he hits 50, but I can restrain myself and not get the most powerful available gear right away, thereby keeping my power level approximately equal to his. What irritates me most is the way both double and rested XP limits my freedom to play the game the way I want. A 2XP weekend would be the perfect opportunity for my brother to catch up to me, but he doesn't want to play alone and I don't want the extra XP, so we're stuck with not playing the game at all.

Bioware, please give us an option to voluntarily reduce XP gains. A slider for 0-100% XP would be perfect. It would give us more freedom to choose how we play, without affecting others.

Oh, but don't you know?

There are apparantly some people out there that want to do every single mission available even if they've done them a gazillion times before because "it's part of the leveling journey"... :rolleyes:

I believe that there are.. And I don't really understand them, but hey, to each their own... For me class and planetary missions ARE that journey, at least the really fun part of it. Other things are simply distractions which serve to artificially slow your journey and dilute it. When I started my fist toon, I was also doing every quest that I came upon, but as the time pass it became apparent how generic they are, and on last few planets only quest giver that I talked was the guy at the spaceport that starts planetary chain. And I was happy. :) Oh, how nice would it be that I had a few Double XP weekends back then....

Edited by Pavijan

Oh the wonderful world of online gaming.

There will always be vocal minorities on the issue of leveling and the like. Which is fine. I personally like it. My philosophy is that I play the game for fun. And leveling at a decent pace, which at the later levels it is...that's fun to me. But as I was saying, the online world is a great place. You get to see the differences in opinion far more clearly than offline in many cases.

I thought I was the only one who loved to skip those, from what Ive seen on the boards lately that everyone is a completionist. I just want to hear the story of the toon Im on now, not the story that Ive done 3 times before. I have stayed on some planets a month just because I didnt want to do the sidequests again. Then I found out Im pretty good in WZ's and FP's and that is how I get my XP. 2XP is my way to enjoy the main story of a character without having to wait in que or do a quest for the 4th time.

Im not sure the easiest way to fix a double xp bonus I don't want is to force a character to have to unmod. The easiest way to remedy it is to make the bonus TOGGLABLE. :)

While I agree with the solution, it's been mentioned many times before, but never implemented. It would seem the BW team may not be interested in developing a toggle for something that happens less than 1% of the year.

I just had to let you know this made me laugh IRL and brightened up an already good day :) Thank you.

No matter how I look at it, double XP will always take away part of my enjoyment of this game. I like to do all of the quests on my chars and I also enjoy decking them out with the newest crafted mods every 2 levels and watching my XP bar slowly grow while killing mobs and handing in quests...

The only solution is to play with a 55 or not at all. Playing a 55 is often thrown around on the forums as the ideal solution btw but it completely ignores the fact that there are loads of new players every week and a good portion of those would want to experience the content at its original pace and not have quests grey out on them mid planet I'd imagine. At least that's what I get from a lot of new players in my guild having trouble not to over level too much and keeping up with the gear without the benefit of alts and a lot of creds.