What if you took the Sith race and the Protheans from Mass Effect and switched them.

SaiyanElite

Sith wouldn't stand a chance against Reapers, just like any other civilization. Ships win wars, not the force users. Reapers are hundreds of massive ships, so they would decimate the Sith forces just like they did with Asari or Turians. They were designed to wipe out any organic civilization at its peak, unless the whole galaxy unites. So Sith or no Sith -wouldn't make much difference.

Sure, the Force could give some warnings of the reapers coming, but the battles would end the same.

The thought has been going through my mind and I thought I'd get some people in on it.

They Nihlus would say in ME1:

"Their legacy remains, the Citadel, the Mass Relays, your ship drives....they're all based on Sith technology." :rak_02:

Also the Sith would have exterminated the Hanar on the stop, not taught them how to speak.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

They Nihlus would say in ME1:

"Their legacy remains, the Citadel, the Mass Relays, your ship drives....they're all based on Sith technology." :rak_02:

Also the Sith would have exterminated the Hanar on the stop, not taught them how to speak.

The Sith would have a thing for seafood. I think the genocide of the Sith would take longer.

Edited by SaiyanElite

This doesn't even make any sense. Sith and Proteans don't have anything particular in common. You could just as well switch the Twi'leks with the Bajorans.

On another matter, there is someone else you could easily switch the Sith with...

While you are correct, you can switch anyone, the topic is Sith and Protheans. No disrespect intended, but I'm not sure if them having things in common is relevant, I mean yeah they are rather different, but that's the point. Though they do have the whole "extinct race thing" in common. But while we're on it, who else could we switch the Sith with?

No disrespect intended, but I'm not sure if them having things in common is relevant, I mean yeah they are rather different, but that's the point.

It is very relevant.

The ultimate purpose of the Sith Empire involves the destruction of all sentient life in the galaxy.

So the relevant question becomes, WWRD - what would Reapers do?

From ME2-3, we know the Reapers largely rely on other species to do their job for them, such as dominated Protheans and as some of the Geth.

The answer is, then, this: the Emperor would have allied himself with the Reapers, both sharing the same immediate goals. The Sith Empire would be enhanced by Reaper technology and proceed with far greater effectiveness to enslave and destroy all other sentient life.

Once its purpose was served, the Empire's populace would be slaughtered by each other and the Reapers, with Emperor's full support, and as to the ultimate outcome - whether the Emperor's ritual would succeed - that's way too far off and way too far removed from the original question.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

A bit more on that.

Actually, if you tried to reconcile Mass Effect and Star Wars lore...

As said above, Emperor's goal is ascension to godhood through a version of the Ritual of Nathema.

But from TOR, we know that, canonically, the Emperor eventually fades. Thus, the Ritual is not permanent. It doesn't make one a true god, or even a false god like the Tribunal; it only affords one temporary god-like power. Very long-term, many millennia, but not eternal.

Thus, it wouldn't actually be in Emperor's interest - not to mention within his ability - to completely destroy all life down to every bacteria. It would be in his best interest, however, to destroy all or most sentient life, since it has the most strength in the Force, thus giving him power, but leaving new life to evolve for an eventual repeat of the Ritual to "recharge" himself.

So, if Reapers didn't exist in the Star Wars universe (which they don't, of course), they'd pretty much have to be created by the Emperor if he is to truly sustain a god-like existence. What they do is precisely what would best serve his goals.

If you want to think of the two universes as one, you can think of the Mass Effect universe as what happens if the Empire wins in the events of Star Wars. Long after, but repeatedly. All you'd need to change is remove or replace the already hated and often fan-retconned exposition at the end of ME3. Would've made more sense, too; sentient life being harvested to fuel a god-wannabe's power is a far more satisfying concept than it being some ancient race's convoluted response to their trouble with AIs, based on a multitude of paper-thin assumptions.

Of course, given that Mass Effect and TOR share one of their lead writers in Drew Karpyshyn, the similarities are more than a coincidence. No, not in the way of merging the universes, just underlying concepts.

Edited by Heal-To-Full

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.