KDY still not 2x

lordkamiel

those numbers in a Eric's post are all off. and/or experience in a world is all off?

leveling my 37 powertech on Hoth. killing lvl 37 Talz.

regular talz gives me upper 500 xp. strong Talz give me 1700ish. elites give around 3k. and so on.

go into Kyat Drives? half that. sounds like its STILL giving regular not rested xp. at this point, the only reason I'm doing it once a day is because of the double initial quest turn in. one for the random tactical and one for KDY specifically. that and planetary coms. otherwise, I'm literally better off just grinding random mobs on a planet of my level.

Not really. Xp/kill sounds like it will be higher, but xp/hour will be much lower. Regardless of the xp you get from individual kills, the real xp has always come from the FP completion xp.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric's first post is solo Kuat Drives, not party xp. Double XP is basically the same as Rested XP for KDY(except for the quest xp, which is doubled)

*EDIT

By off, do you mean off as in compared to what's in game, or off in relation to each other? Because they're perfectly consistent in relation to each other.

by off I mean what I'm experiencing in game. his numbers for KDY match what I'm seeing in game. however, when I currently kill the mobs for my quest objectives while out leveling on planets? I get twice the experience that I do when killing comparable difficulty mobs in KDY. so.... something is off. either their projected math on how it SHOULD be, or how double xp affects the mobs on the plants - something.

whatever it is though - the conclusion remains the same. running KDY repeatedly? is not worth it. in fact... I did run KDY twice last night, mostly becasue I wanted to finish off lvl 36 and go into 37 - to upgrade my gear before I went off to quest. I got... maybe a third of a level? this is as a subscriber, with 10% guild bonus and xp boost present, but no legacy perks

also - xp for completing the KDY is the same as for completing planetary quests. completing KDY bonus is less than. but I can complete planetary quests even with travel - in half the time. ergo - questing seems to be a better choice all around, once you have completed your first KDY for the day.

Edited by Jeweledleah

by off I mean what I'm experiencing in game. his numbers for KDY match what I'm seeing in game. however, when I currently kill the mobs for my quest objectives while out leveling on planets? I get twice the experience that I do when killing comparable difficulty mobs in KDY. so.... something is off. either their projected math on how it SHOULD be, or how double xp affects the mobs on the plants - something.

whatever it is though - the conclusion remains the same. running KDY repeatedly? is not worth it. in fact... I did run KDY twice last night, mostly becasue I wanted to finish off lvl 36 and go into 37 - to upgrade my gear before I went off to quest. I got... maybe a third of a level? this is as a subscriber, with 10% guild bonus and xp boost present, but no legacy perks

also - xp for completing the KDY is the same as for completing planetary quests. completing KDY bonus is less than. but I can complete planetary quests even with travel - in half the time. ergo - questing seems to be a better choice all around, once you have completed your first KDY for the day.

Your experience is lower in the flashpoint because you're in a party. Open world solo kills will give more than kills in a party.

I was under the impression that grouping up gave bonus xp.

The total xp is higher, but the experience is divided among 4 people. I've never really done the math on it, but it sounds like in a party of 4, the total experience is doubled, which leaves you at half of normal xp kills for soloing.

You also get .25 of the full bonus mission xp whenever a person in your party completes a bonus mission.

Edited by Vandicus

You also get .25 of the full bonus mission xp whenever a person in your party completes a bonus mission.
This. Completing bonus objectives in a full group leads to 175% of the xp you'd receive solo. Always complete bonus objectives when grouped if you're after xp.

maybe at lower levels KDY levels you faster. oh Hoth, skipping personal story ( that stuff seems to take the longest) I'm level far faster then with repeating KDy.

what does make it marginally better is that you don't need to worry about upgrading your gear as it scales no matter how undergeared you are. same goes for pvp (and to be honest, I much prefer that to KDY :p )