Classes and Specs for Ranked Group Arena- Tiered

Abbrachmann

Leth Hybrid is A Tier - gets most of the benefits of full Leth, but with added strong burst on 20sec CD due to XProbe + Cluster bombs. Energy management can become a issue quickly.

Engi/Sab can be A Tier if played well (rollbang hypeeee)

Sharpshooter is only "decent" if scrubs don't know how to position. Good for quick guard switches, but 3.5k taunted ambushes are a POS.

You're right I forgot about that hybrid lol.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn to destroy you.

In your opinion every class and spec is viable, eh? Like in a perfectly balanced wonder world? Then please explain why there was not a single non ops healer found in the upper tier of ranked group arena??

One of the better TOFN teams is running with a merc healer, try again.

My goodness what kind of clown are you trying to make us believe that TOFN is any kind of reference in grouped arena play whatsoever.

TOFN is the only competitive PvP server in this game. TOFN invented hard-switch comps. TOFN has/had one of the best represenatitves of their class. Try again.

Your server's best team (Gerike) got shat on multiple times by Mudclot playing an underpowered lightning sorc comp (lol).

Gerikke's team was never server's best team. The ones who say it have no idea about pvp scene. And even that team(gerikke) raped your x2 sorc comp after losing to it(adapting, u know)

Then Gerike's team got banned after first week of season 1 for manipulating the rating and after that your server was left without any competition as the remaining decent team (Roudy) rolled over everyone else and farmed them like forever.

Gerikke and his mates getting banned for wintrading is his own decision/problem.

Roudy's team changes its composition every now and then along with Roudy himself playing/perfoming for other teams/guilds. Their team was always one of the best/best. Roots of it start with Zaer and Roudy I guess.

The teams on your server have not developed any metas in group ranked at any point of season one, you might have copied/cloned our metas at best.

Why would TOFN want to copy something from a no-competition server? Why would someone want to get ideas from those who are weaker than you? Your metas are dull and stupid, and any 1900-2k rated TOFN team would figure how to counter you in 1 round.

You can be so f...cking grateful that having no x-server queues is protecting you sheep from the wolves. On the other hand it's also a real pity because you might ultimately learn something after countless ***-whoopings and eventually get better

Exactly my thoughts. Especially after seeing Roudy's team TOTALLY RAPE your Darkyoda/ "that other american team" on last PTS USA vs Europe party a while ago. And that is considering TOFN team had a huge ms on PTS. Be grateful there are no x-servers between USA and Europe, indeed. Since otherwise you'd just end up getting beaten over and over.

Edited by Wonkanerd

ITT: Yanks declare themselves epic, decide tofn sucks on the basis that one team from the server lost 3matches out of over a hundred, while arenas were new to PTS, completely ignore every PTS match since where they got stamped on, and run round with their fingers in their ears.

Maybe if you say the words "meta" "adapt" and "our ranged dps are better" a few dozen more times it will make a difference.

This is also where you say that your best teams never appeared on pts, and its lucky for us.

I just want people to stop calling that Darkyoda team a thing, because lets be honest, that **** was pathetic. What an awful team to even bother logging into PTS. What a joke.

Only 3 teams in the US were worth a ****, and coincidentally, none of those 3 teams still play as a full group or regularly any more.

Also, just lol @ hard swap invent.

That was invented in the 2.4 PTS the second someone ran double smash... Which was about 20 seconds after the PTS was up.

The real props go to teams like MvP who made the first real use of a sniper and sorc competitively, focus kicking healers with long CC chains spaced so as to not give full resolve if possible.

This EU v US **** is really boring, and will never be resolved because no US top 3 team will resub their chars and DL the PTS to play a few games against double melee. Its boring as **** and none of us actually care enough to do so. This list is a resource for any new teams that will be playing and want to use classes/comps that are very good (assuming skill). I stated it's US meta, if you want to talk EU meta, go make your own thread. If you really care that much about it, go watch EU v US Blizzcon. This game is dead and we're literally just waiting for sub to fall off of our accs at this point. Drop it and go play WS, ESO, or WoW.

Edited by Abbrachmann

Only 3 teams in the US were worth a ****, and coincidentally, none of those 3 teams still play as a full group or regularly any more.

And here I was told the US servers were so much more competitive than ToFN, which is it now?

Fast internet and new enemies is no reason to download a few gigs, while the euros even have to accept bad latency... interesting. Besides ToFN teams don't always run double-melee. I stopped watching streams some months ago, but they had very funny and exciting setups.

What's all the fuss about anyway. You can't judge players just from watching+your assumptions and some games on PTS a hundred years ago. Any Euro vs US argument is dull, as long as people dont care to fight it out on PTS. So why not just do it... if one has time to waste to make an argument, he also got the time to organise a few matches on PTS. ^^

Also, just lol @ hard swap invent.

That was invented in the 2.4 PTS the second someone ran double smash... Which was about 20 seconds after the PTS was up.

The real props go to teams like MvP who made the first real use of a sniper and sorc competitively, focus kicking healers with long CC chains spaced so as to not give full resolve if possible.

Randomly derp smashing is not Hard-switch based setup. Im sorry you dont know that.

I agree with props going to MvP, yes they played the comp u lsited good.

Props to Neige for showing that sorc DPS is viable in competitive PvP arenas.

Props to Roudy for proving that Assassin DPS / Tank is viable in competitive PvP arenas.

Props to Chabos guild for showing that Lethality Operative is viable in competitive PvP arenas.

etc. etc.

This EU v US **** is really boring, and will never be resolved because no US top 3 team will resub their chars and DL the PTS to play a few games against double melee. Its boring as **** and none of us actually care enough to do so.

Roudy's and Neige's team were all open to arenas on latest PTS Europe vs USA brawl. Only 3 teams or something showed up to fight them(and got destroyed).

This list is a resource for any new teams that will be playing and want to use classes/comps that are very good (assuming skill). I stated it's US meta, if you want to talk EU meta, go make your own thread.

LOL, JUST LOL. So why exactly you named thread "Classes and Specs for Ranked Group Arena- Tiered" ???????

Name it "Classes and Specs for Ranked Group Arena-Tiered for POT5 or Bastion/Murican Meta". Because your tier-list has a lot of flaws and as I said, any semi-good TOFN team would find a way to counter it. Please, stop being arrogant.

Fast internet and new enemies is no reason to download a few gigs, while the euros even have to accept bad latency... interesting. Besides ToFN teams don't always run double-melee. I stopped watching streams some months ago, but they had very funny and exciting setups.

TOFN has a vast majority of different team-comps playing, hence why it is known as best PvP server.

What's all the fuss about anyway. You can't judge players just from watching+your assumptions and some games on PTS a hundred years ago. Any Euro vs US argument is dull, as long as people dont care to fight it out on PTS. So why not just do it... if one has time to waste to make an argument, he also got the time to organise a few matches on PTS. ^^

Your argument is invalid. You say you cant judge from Europe vs US games from PTS, yet in the second sentence you say you need to fight it out on PTS. Nonsense.

S-Tier:

Lethality Gunslinger- This spec gets an award for having a 35m, 45s CD flashbang and some of the best control/single target pushing power

- disagree. Lethality have not burst like Sharpshooter, it seems like B-tier.

Tactics Vanguard- Tactics is extremely good for damage, but in the current meta also receives high marks for having extreme ability to stick to and interrupt ranged DPS, along with a great set of stuns/slows. Also: Tanky as all hell, only really good snipers and TK Sages really can knock these guys down inside of CD's quick enough.

- disagree. Tactics have good survivability, but have not burst. Its A-tier.

B-Tier

Watchmen Sentinel- Great at sticking to, and killing sorcs/mercs but lacks real group utility like a guardian has. Simply put, Vigilance does the job better.

- disagree. Watchman have not burst and dots can easy cleansed. Its C-tier.

Lethality Operative- Insane damage output, probably the most output of any of the classes for PvP. Decent survivability after last patch, but still weak to AoE. After the smash nerf, its not as big of an issue but this fits in with pyro.

- disagree. DF have not team utility and have terrible survivability. Its C-tier.

C-Tier

Focus Sentinel- Easily heal-able now, very little real use for smashing someone once for 9k. Lack of AoE broke this spec (I could only do 1500, the day before was doing almost 2.1k every round in arena).

- disagree. Its B-tier cuz have still instant burst and some team utility like healing debuff. Still good for pressure healers.

Focus Guardian- Slightly better than Focus Sentinel because it does at least hit harder, but still, weak, cooldowns are a tad weaker though.

- disagree. With focused defence better survivability now and good team utility like guardian leap and taunts. B-tier.

Scrapper Scoundrel- Great single target, defensive's are better, but no point to taking one tbh, there is another class/spec that fulfills this role much much better.

- still good burst and KO dont fill resolve like before. B-tier.

Sharpshooter Gunslinger- There are only two snipers I've ever seen play this and prove that its usable in group arena (doing more than 1500 DPS as well), its very lackluster damage outside of being very good for shadows/sages.

- good burst, decent survivability, good team utility (aoe shield, healers debuff). Its B or ever A-tier.

You forgot about Sabotage gunslinger. Its kinda B -tier tho.

About tanks and healers I agree.

- disagree. Lethality have not burst like Sharpshooter, it seems like B-tier.

It has burst, not as LOSable and better mobility, good pressure.

- disagree. Tactics have good survivability, but have not burst. Its A-tier.

Could fit in either S or A tier. Cleave is strong.

- disagree. Watchman have not burst and dots can easy cleansed. Its C-tier.

That's not what watchman's problem is. Utility, anti-kiting and a small damage buff are what it needs. It probably fits in B-tier.

- disagree. DF have not team utility and have terrible survivability. Its C-tier.

Not as much now after 2.7, with defense screen buff, roll and kolto pack. Utility is 10m interrupt, 30 sec CD hardstun, aoe mezz, 10m 12sec slow, and ability to offheal without it hurting your dps as much as it does other specs.

- disagree. Its B-tier cuz have still instant burst and some team utility like healing debuff. Still good for pressure healers.

Lots of specs have instant burst. No reason to take it over something else. Not good for pressuring healers when it hardly does AOE anymore.

- disagree. With focused defence better survivability now and good team utility like guardian leap and taunts. B-tier.

Yes better survivability was needed, but with the huge damage nerf there's, again, no point in bringing it.

- still good burst and KO dont fill resolve like before. B-tier.

Lol no. Absolute trash, C-tier.

- good burst, decent survivability, good team utility (aoe shield, healers debuff). Its B or ever A-tier.

When the stars align there's burst, but very LOSable/immobile and has the weakness of being all white damage. Lethality is better.

Answers.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

TOFN has a vast majority of different team-comps playing, hence why it is known as best PvP server.

Your argument is invalid. You say you cant judge from Europe vs US games from PTS, yet in the second sentence you say you need to fight it out on PTS. Nonsense.

You didn't get the core of the argument. I said you cannot judge from watching people+assumptions... that means streams. And you cant judge based on a few games long long back. You know that I am being supportive to you here? I am refering to those US boys who kept flaming about the 3 or so lost games vs the Sage/Sorc combo. Some bad teams from US servers beaten on PTS aren't a valid proof of who is better either. You have seen the counter-argument: "Those weren't good ones anyway."

The only way to prove anything would be if the top guys from both servers went to PTS and played some dozen games vs each other, adapting against each others setup.

I hope that cleared it up. What has happened until now on PTS is no valid basis for a final judgement. But what COULD happen on PTS would be. Dunno why you answered to me anyway. I played on ToFN until recently and I was watching the streams of all good ToFN guilds for months. That's why I said that ToFN got a lot more different combos than double-smash. I am on your side of the argument for most of it, EXCEPT for a final judgement. ;-P

You didn't get the core of the argument. I said you cannot judge from watching people+assumptions... that means streams. And you cant judge based on a few games long long back. You know that I am being supportive to you here? I am refering to those US boys who kept flaming about the 3 or so lost games vs the Sage/Sorc combo. Some bad teams from US servers beaten on PTS aren't a valid proof of who is better either. You have seen the counter-argument: "Those weren't good ones anyway."

The only way to prove anything would be if the top guys from both servers went to PTS and played some dozen games vs each other, adapting against each others setup.

I hope that cleared it up. What has happened until now on PTS is no valid basis for a final judgement. But what COULD happen on PTS would be. Dunno why you answered to me anyway. I played on ToFN until recently and I was watching the streams of all good ToFN guilds for months. That's why I said that ToFN got a lot more different combos than double-smash. I am on your side of the argument for most of it, EXCEPT for a final judgement. ;-P

oh, Im sorry then. Yeah it pisses me off as well that muricans got a game from Gerikke's team 10 years ago on PTS and after that they(american team) got completely destroyed multiple times by Gerrike's team. Its like they suddenly forget that they actually lost more than they won.

oh, Im sorry then. Yeah it pisses me off as well that muricans got a game from Gerikke's team 10 years ago on PTS and after that they(american team) got completely destroyed multiple times by Gerrike's team. Its like they suddenly forget that they actually lost more than they won.

iirc, Gerikke's team changed their strat bc I was in chat telling them to split DPS on the sorcs, and in stream you could hear them say something along the lines of "ppl in chat are saying to split dps, may as well try it".

They then won two games, after losing three.

5 total games played.

I really don't care about these games, it was embarrassing, just as embarrassing as the team that americans brought over during the time period that every good team was inactive.

I'd say that's fair game to being even in PTS then. Can we stop arguing in this thread now?

Also, if you disagree with the list, it seems like its largely based around the ranged, and as I've said before thats likely because most of your server does not regularly play ranged as a main class like many americans do.

That's what happens, really don't know what to say about it, but live with it. First few sentences of the post say US Meta.

iirc, Gerikke's team changed their strat bc I was in chat telling them to split DPS on the sorcs, and in stream you could hear them say something along the lines of "ppl in chat are saying to split dps, may as well try it".

They then won two games, after losing three.

5 total games played.

I really don't care about these games, it was embarrassing, just as embarrassing as the team that americans brought over during the time period that every good team was inactive.

I'd say that's fair game to being even in PTS then. Can we stop arguing in this thread now?

Also, if you disagree with the list, it seems like its largely based around the ranged, and as I've said before thats likely because most of your server does not regularly play ranged as a main class like many americans do.

That's what happens, really don't know what to say about it, but live with it. First few sentences of the post say US Meta.

topic should have another name then, title is missleading.