The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Make rep item drops greed/pass only (not needable)

WhyNot

In KDY, I Needed on rep tokens until I maxed my rep, then I passed. Actually, I Needed each run until I got one, then I Greeded.

I Need on the contstruction kits, except that one time I went AFK and discovered they had taken the elite defender down in my absence.

Seems pretty simple.

Edited by EranofArcadia

When it comes to Rep items, for me it comes down to just two options, 'Need' or 'Pass'. If I have maxed out my Rep for said area I always 'Pass', if not I 'Need', I don't greed in hopes of selling the trash Rep to a vendor for minimal creds (I think between 50-100...WOW)

Now when it comes to the new FP's its not an issue on the Relics.. its 'Need' only, no 'Pass' or 'Greed' (unless you have the full Legacy gear and are feeling generous) I've had two runs now where I was the only one to 'Need' on the Relics and winning it, when it was discussed at the beginning of both runs it was a 'Need' only for the Relics and we all agreed, however I got called a ninja cause I needed on the Item that is highly saught after in the FP's and they simple forgot to 'Need' like agreed

Edited by dacentabaal

lawls noobs it's called nice ppl finishes last "NEED" them or go back to single player games noobs.

The sad thing is, and it pains me to say this, he's right. I do not agree with his tone, nor condescension... just the statement, nice people finish last.

At one time, there was honor among gamers, something that has gone by the wayside (Especially when a game turns F2P, with Group Finders or PUG Queues). While my experience here has shown many players, who like myself, still believe in the need/greed/pass system... on occassion there are those that simply will need on everything. This usually happens in the Group Finder.

My solution, ignore that player... since the Group Finder takes your ignores into account when forming teams (i.e. you will never be teamed with someone on your ignore list), I make liberal use of this feature when I see a needing ninja (I identify these mainly by people needing on gear not for their class).

I usually just wait for everyone else to make a decision then select the same one as them. If everyone selects greed but one guy, I select need. If they all select greed, I select greed. Greed/pass only would be nice on all gear not equips but not necessary if you watch for what others select.

I give people one chance. If they need something they can't equip now or something for a different class, or something like a reputation item, I put them on ignore and ask the group to ick them. Usually they get kicked. If the group won't kick them, I leave the group and put the rest on ignore.

I give people one chance. If they need something they can't equip now or something for a different class, or something like a reputation item, I put them on ignore and ask the group to ick them. Usually they get kicked. If the group won't kick them, I leave the group and put the rest on ignore.

So, if someone rolls need for a rep item, something they _need_ perhaps, you still throw a hissy fit (because what you described isn't a simple process) over that? If you need the item, use need. I can understand to some extent being upset about needing for something you can't use, but being upset about a rep item is just silly

Its simple:

Reputation provides an ability to buy better things from vendors tied tot he reputation. Thus, you need to increase your reputation unless you already have it maxed.

For a player to choose 'need' for a reputation item is them indicating they have not yet capped their reputation and would like to.

If you have not capped, choose need.

If you have capped, pass or choose greed. .

If you need but choose greed and get mad and try to get other people to vote kick the player or if they wont storm off in a huff and ignore everyone and force them to find a replacement for you when someone else chooses need, without pre-establishing this process/suggestion before the group starts.. Then you're just a jerk.

Need - You need the item.

Greed - You would like the item (and maybe can even use it for a comp or an alt or something) but don't need it.

Pass - You do not want the item at all.