The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Dye Wishlist Thread

Saito_Hiraga you have the right idea. I've been saying for a while that this should be what is made out of crafting skills. If I am an expert at crafting dyes I think I should be able to Make them the way I want and not be restricted to what the d*mn trainer lets me do. Last time I checked the Republic is a democracy. If you want to limit the Sith side go ahead but as long as I role pub... GET OFF MY *SS TRAINER!

On a more serious note Saito I don't know if they would add this because if they have all of those combinations... God knows they would find some sort of glitch between colors or something. It seems combinations are where these ideas get funky. I hope they add it though. I'd love to role my character with Blue and Gold.

I wish Dyes were part of Collections just so I could have a simple, comprehensive listing of what options are out there — like I can browse Armor sets and Color Crystals. Even if they cost CC every single time you 'collected' another one.

Actually, maybe I just wish there was a better, more organized way to hunt for gear and color designs inside the game. I'm so spoiled by having MogIt in WoW letting me flip through every model in the game when designing an outfit.

I wish Dyes were part of Collections just so I could have a simple, comprehensive listing of what options are out there — like I can browse Armor sets and Color Crystals. Even if they cost CC every single time you 'collected' another one.

Actually, maybe I just wish there was a better, more organized way to hunt for gear and color designs inside the game. I'm so spoiled by having MogIt in WoW letting me flip through every model in the game when designing an outfit.

Most MMO's do what you are suggesting, or allow you to learn it on that toon forever also having dyes drop in loot. This is the EA'ified way of cash cowing it, that's why it is so crappy.

Not just Red/Red but many more Color/SAME COLOR dyes.

You can make some really beautiful, subtle outfits with stuff like [Deep Grey/Black] and [Dark Brown/Medium Brown].

You can mostly make hideous clown-suits with things like .

Also, the "Brown" palette is severely too limited. It's all variants of vibrant, chocolate brown, making it hard to create Jedi-looking woven/neutral browns.

In fact yeah, they need more subtle/neutral colors in general. You get either DARK VIBRANT or PALE NEUTRAL but not DARK NEUTRAL or PALE VIBRANT.

I could go on all day. I love having dye — this is much better than not having dye, a million times better — but more options would be appreciated.

PS more "Dark" versions (eg, Dark Blue). We're flooded in "Deep" and "Medium", which seem to be favorites of the dye team, but "Dark", "Light" and "Pale" are usually more useful because they're more subtle.

Edited by SW_display_name

Obviously some of us want an as good system as in other MMO ; I mean up to 3 dye area per item with the ability to choose each color independently.

Still suggestion:

• Glowing colors from very light touch to more intense ones
  • Decals / tattoos dyes... Might be too complex to add as a dye though
  • Adaptive dye that would change color depending on your surrounding, like say a camouflage .
  • Negative dyes that would hide either the primary or secondary of both "edges/texture" on the gear.

• 2 weeks later...

We need more variations on Green and Blue.

Right now you just have "Green" and "Blue" with are actually KELLY GREEN and WEBSAFE BLUE in varying values.

That's far too simple! We need Cyan, Blue-Green, Green-Blue, Ultramarine/Blue-Purple...

More gradations and variations between colors, pls. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ALL dye colors should be available as primary-only and secondary-only.....that would create a lot of options right there. I have a lot of armor where I want to change just the primary or secondary without changing both. Forcing me into a combo of colors is very limiting when I don't like both colors in the combo. Why no blues available outside a combo, for instance?

if you want to ask me about what i want: (listed in order of importance)

1. additional copies of dyes in collections tab (possibly super-expensive to unlock)

2. color and texture consistency, no more mismatched shades of colors when piecing together gear from multiple sets.

3. individual dyes in CM that are there forever (like those orange adv. color crystals in the equipment section)

4. no more overly colorful and bright dyes, he's a mandalorean, not a toddler's cartoon character. same goes for dull, washed out and faded dyes. let's see something like dark grey > deep orange

5. more than 8-10 variants of dyes in the dye packs, most of them being hideous

(i bought 50 dye packs at once, i know...)

I'd just be happy if they stopped using gas station and fast food signs for colour combo inspirations.

Colours like teal, sea foam green, dark red...those would be nice.

Bioware is located in Austin, Tx.

I promise you that the devs walked outside and looked at the color of the houses there.

Pink/Purple? It's not Cinco De Mayo..

Bioware is located in Austin, Tx.

I promise you that the devs walked outside and looked at the color of the houses there.

Pink/Purple? It's not Cinco De Mayo..

Never been there, but I'll take your word for it. Whenever I drive down the main street around here, I see red/ white =Petro Canda, Orange/Blue = Gulf, Green/Yellow = BP, yellow/red = Shell, Blue/Red = Esso, yellow/blue = Sunoco....you get the idea. It's vile (with the possible exception of red/white)

Yeah, we need more variety (still) in the color combos of the Dye Modules.

And more of the reversed versions too. For example, the reverse of Deep Red and Dark Purple would be Dark Purple and Deep Red (I have a character that I'd really like to use this color combo on her adaptive armor top).

The #208080 tone of Teal please. If not, just a standard #008080 Teal will do! Mix it with either of these for the win:

1. Dark/Medium gray(you've already got those)-Think of this: Teal+Gray

2. Golden Amber of the #FFBF40 tone. Teal+Amber Gold

3. Deep Brown(already in) Teal+Brown

4. Black(already in)-you get it

5. White(already in)-you get it

Really it's so easy to mix as long as it is primary that it is ridiculous!

I really only want those two tones(#208080 and #FFBF40).

Mechanically, I'd like to see some revisions to the dying system. Sth like GW 2 or WAR where you can apply different dyes to the primary, secondary, trim etc. Instead of today's strict dying system where you can either apply just one dye and leave it be(Primary dark gray F.e) or two, but in a fixed combo(Dark Red/Black combo f.e). I'd like to see it become more freeform and personal. Say, you could mix Dark Gray primary with a Dark Red secondary. There is no such dye available afaik.

More customisation = better.

Edited by Cuiwe