Does Anyone Else Play SwgEmu?

Kamine

SWG's space cannot be compared to TOR's space, SWG's space was like in the movies, you get in your ship and fly out into space and go wherever you wanted, it wasn't a mini game like TOR's

I actually remember searching for a bounty and they were in space. Lock and load, the space battle ensued. THAT's Star Wars.

SWTOR> SWG for one simple and overwhelming reason.

SWG is set in the worst possible time in the Star Wars franchise.

SWTOR is set in the best era in the Star Wars franchise.

Edited by Kaedusz

SWG's housing was amazing!!! and you had a reason to go into other peoples houses and guild halls. that was where peoples stores were! not to mention just getting to see some of the amazing things people built in their homes/guild halls.

hehe when i first started playing SWG i wanted to make a completely non combat character. I wanted to become a ship builder. I started out in the smallest house you could buy and i put it down right outside tatooine (like every other noob). I remember only having enough room for like 1 workbench. The funny thing was i got to exploring around and i went into a more established shop and it kinda made me feel bad for my setup lol. Dude had a huge house with holos and displays and statues and here i am in a 1 room house with a workbench selling tie fighters made with crappy materials.

SWTOR> SWG for one simple and overwhelming reason.

SWG is set in the worst possible time in the Star Wars franchise.

SWTOR is set in the best era in the Star Wars franchise.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but for me.......I love Darth Vader, Palpatine and Jabba the Hutt. That era is the best IMO. :cool:

Yeah but why come here to enquire about it? That is what I don't understand. I mean you said you much prefer it, so why bother posting at all?

Probally because it a starwars game.

I play this game, the emu, Empire at War, Force unleashed and of course watiing for the new Battlefront..

It makes sense to ask here because theres a bunch of starwars fans.

• 2 weeks later...

I started last week and have been wonderfully surprised at how active and welcoming the community is there. As a newbie to the Emu - the vets have been quick to offer advice and on two occasions, much needed credits to help me gear up.

If you a fan of SWG, I would happily suggest giving SWGeMU a try.

Happy hunting,

Morganti

I use to play all the time a while back. I had a ton of really great stuff and was pretty close to unlocking Jedi back when they did the "rumor" system. However then they wiped the servers and I never got into it like I did. Don't get me wrong, I knew it was coming, and it was necessary to progress, so I didn't mind it. It's just that I wasn't as inspired to re-do everything I had just done knowing it could be wiped away again at any time.

I plan on playing at some point, but it will be in the future when more stuff is in the game and there is stuff to actually work towards doing.

I can't wait until that day though, SWG was my favorite game and I would still be playing it to this day if it was up and running.