The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Tournament Finals - Droid Supremacy vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beni, I don't know how much time I will have today, but Sel's argument is fatally flawed for the Imperium. In truth, it could allow the DS to win. So, I don't have much time today, but give me the day and I'll see if I can post it. Then call it.

Please? :o

Beni, I don't know how much time I will have today, but Sel's argument is fatally flawed for the Imperium. In truth, it could allow the DS to win. So, I don't have much time today, but give me the day and I'll see if I can post it. Then call it.

No, don't! He has to call it today so that he can get the new one posted on my birthday!

Sure I'll wait. :jawa_wink:
No, don't! He has to call it today so that he can get the new one posted on my birthday!
Lol, we have to set the next tournament up first!

The BattleZone on the other hand...

Can someone please explain to my why the programming of the HK-50s was completely disregarded (you know, the part where they want to kill EVERY LIVING THING) but for whatever reason G0-T0 still has his programming to rebuild the Republic? The Republic does not exist. You cannot build something that does not exist, or even really ever existed for the purposes of this Kaggath.

It's basically like saying that Darth Maul wants to take over the Black Sun. Even though the Black Sun doesn't exist in this Kaggath, that doesn't matter. Darth Maul is going to find it and take over it anyway.

Or like saying Traya wants to find and train and kill or whatever it is she wanted to do with Meetra Surik. Meetra Surik doesn't exist in this Kaggath. But Traya is gonna to search the galaxy until she finds her anyways.

It's ridiculous.

The DI turtles up and uses a group of Rakata tech enhanced Harrowers to destabilize the DS' infrastructure, specifically the shipyards of Mon Calamari. If the attack is a success (let's face it, it probably will be), then the DS loses a major asset.

Let me provide a little scenario of my own.

The DI does as others have suggested: attack Mon Calamari. This will take the majority of the DI fleet. Why? Because the DI does not know how many ships the DS has. And considering that Mon Calamari is obviously a very valuable planet, the DS would logically use a lot of its ships to protect it.

The issue with this strategy is that the DI has NO DEFENSE. Who's guarding Malachor?

The most important detail in this whole thing is that G0-T0 has been to Malachor before. He knows that Traya is on Malachor. He knows about the Sith Temple and the artifacts and the planet's anomalies.

So the DI does its thing, as the others suggest. They go for the obvious, military target and attack Mon Calamari. They win. Yay. Thing is, Mon Calamari wasn't very well defended. Why? Because G0-T0 doesn't care. He already knows where Traya is, has superior numbers, and is going to kill her right off the bat.

The DS, instead of wasting time on military targets, goes straight to Malachor V. They defeat whatever meager force the DI has left behind, if they left behind anything to guard. Then they invade.

It's simple, really. Remember that Geonosis is supplying this invasion. First, the DI sends down transport ships filled with explosives. Some of those ships crash and explode. Some of them land safely. The DS analyzes the factors that allowed some transports to land safely and replicates them. Its not an exact science, but they're landing droids. Crash landings aren't fatal.

Droidekas, which the DI troops have no experience fighting against, and terror droids tear apart the academy. They advance until they reach the Trayus Core. And then they just straight up blow up her platform.

The DI can win as many battles as they want, but the DS has the advantage. They know where Traya is. Regardless of the details, even ignoring two thirds of that scenario, once the DS reaches Malachor and finds it barely defended because the DI fleet is on the war path, it's game over.

Edited by Warren-Stride

So, here's the problem with Sel's argument... Guri can't be defected. Can't. CAN'T. CANNOT. Why? Her security code. I don't want to get into it to much, I don't have a lot of time, but look up Savan. Now, as Guri is second in command, it can be assumed that G0-T0 knows of the master code. Nobody else. Thrumble dos not exist in the Kaggath, either. So Guri cannot be defected.

But the Imperium doesn't know that.

So, Guri plays along, and when alone, hacks and forces loyalty to G0-T0 into HK-01. They tell G0-T0, and with Terror Droids, ambush Maul. Once Maul is dead, the Imperium pretty much loses. The DS either has/retakes Dac, and then crashes their entire fleet into Malachor, destroying it.

DS wins.

I know the ending is silly, but the idea is true. Guri can't be defected, but is cunning enough to play the DI's game until she can strike. Fatally.

So, Guri plays along, and when alone, hacks and forces loyalty to G0-T0 into HK-01. They tell G0-T0, and with Terror Droids, ambush Maul. Once Maul is dead

Right....it would take more than just that to take on Maul, as he has already taken on large groups of enemies, from all angles. So unless the DS wants to waste a whole bunch of units just to kill 1 guy...then sure(but that is rather wasteful really), but then Maul could also just destroy all the units that were sent after him too, of course this depending on how many are sent after him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Can someone please explain to my why the programming of the HK-50s was completely disregarded (you know, the part where they want to kill EVERY LIVING THING) but for whatever reason G0-T0 still has his programming to rebuild the Republic? The Republic does not exist. You cannot build something that does not exist, or even really ever existed for the purposes of this Kaggath.

It's basically like saying that Darth Maul wants to take over the Black Sun. Even though the Black Sun doesn't exist in this Kaggath, that doesn't matter. Darth Maul is going to find it and take over it anyway.

Or like saying Traya wants to find and train and kill or whatever it is she wanted to do with Meetra Surik. Meetra Surik doesn't exist in this Kaggath. But Traya is gonna to search the galaxy until she finds her anyways.

It's ridiculous.

A fair and valid point, but G0-T0's desire to maintain infrastructure and keep the galaxy "tidy" remains - I'm not sure a droid uprising would factor well into that equation. Though more to the point is how Traya will aquire this information.

HK-01 is not exactly privy to G0-T0s plans, really is anyone?

Right....it would take more than just that to take on Maul, as he has already taken on large groups of enemies, from all angles. So unless the DS wants to waste a whole bunch of units just to kill 1 guy...then sure, but then Maul could also just destroy all the units that were sent after him too, of course this depending on how many are sent after him.

Again, the ending was just my own silliness. But, I'd like to see Maul survive an ambush with Guri, Terror Troopers, Terror BioDroids, and perhaps a Terror Walker.

Let me provide a little scenario of my own.

The DI does as others have suggested: attack Mon Calamari. This will take the majority of the DI fleet. Why? Because the DI does not know how many ships the DS has. And considering that Mon Calamari is obviously a very valuable planet, the DS would logically use a lot of its ships to protect it.

The issue with this strategy is that the DI has NO DEFENSE. Who's guarding Malachor?

The most important detail in this whole thing is that G0-T0 has been to Malachor before. He knows that Traya is on Malachor. He knows about the Sith Temple and the artifacts and the planet's anomalies.

So the DI does its thing, as the others suggest. They go for the obvious, military target and attack Mon Calamari. They win. Yay. Thing is, Mon Calamari wasn't very well defended. Why? Because G0-T0 doesn't care. He already knows where Traya is, has superior numbers, and is going to kill her right off the bat.

The DS, instead of wasting time on military targets, goes straight to Malachor V. They defeat whatever meager force the DI has left behind, if they left behind anything to guard. Then they invade.

It's simple, really. Remember that Geonosis is supplying this invasion. First, the DI sends down transport ships filled with explosives. Some of those ships crash and explode. Some of them land safely. The DS analyzes the factors that allowed some transports to land safely and replicates them. Its not an exact science, but they're landing droids. Crash landings aren't fatal.

Droidekas, which the DI troops have no experience fighting against, and terror droids tear apart the academy. They advance until they reach the Trayus Core. And then they just straight up blow up her platform.

The DI can win as many battles as they want, but the DS has the advantage. They know where Traya is. Regardless of the details, even ignoring two thirds of that scenario, once the DS reaches Malachor and finds it barely defended because the DI fleet is on the war path, it's game over.

Traya will probably see that attack coming, and I mean without foresight. It should be pretty obvious to her that G0-T0 is going to go straight for Malachor V - especially considering how close Mon Cala i.e. the bulk of his naval force, is to Sith Space, and altogether its the most important (my a fair margin) planet in her arsenal, so it will be well defended.

So yes, they will send the bulk of the fleet to Mon Cala, but she'll also leave the majority of her reserves, or perhaps just a couple of stealthed surprises, behind. And she'll probably reinforce Malachor in readiness for invasion.

Factoring in her foresight abilities and I'm sure she'll predict a battle on Malachor, and its integral importance. Basically, she'll be ready (as ready as time allows) but good points nonetheless.

Again, the ending was just my own silliness. But, I'd like to see Maul survive an ambush with Guri, Terror Troopers, Terror BioDroids, and perhaps a Terror Walker.

Guri and the Terror Troops are pretty much non-factors against Maul. The droids and walker?...Might prove to be something but then the Biodroids I never really found to be overwhelmingly impressive. The Walker is really the only thing I see proving a challenge to Maul.

Now all of that together?....Sure they have a chance at killing Maul then, but they'll be hard pressed to do so as he has moved faster than even droids could respond and has seen droids that can throw blows extremely fast in slow motion and has moved very fast with his attacks. That and he has quite the pain tolerance and durability.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

At the very least Maul would get away.

But I agree with Wolf, I think his exceptional speed, strength and general martial ability will make it easy for him to outmaneuver said droids and crush them at their weak spot. If the ambush works in the first place.

Edited by Beniboybling

It's ridiculous.

You can't pick and choose what programming people keep. Without her programming, Guri can't harm human beings. Without his, Proxy cannot mimic other people. Without GO-TO's, he has no idea of infrastructure.

And it's not just the republic, G0-T0 flat out said he didnt care if it was the Republic or Sith to win, as long as they had the infrastructure for a secure galaxy.

Traya can't search for the Exile, but she still wants the death of the Force.

Maul won't recruit black sun to gain power but he'd get criminals.

Trench is no longer wildly loyal to the seperatists, but he's wildly loyal to Traya.

Also, IIRC, The Hk-50 units didn't have their programming because no body knew which programming 47 or the 50's instilled them with, they were cut content.

So, here's the problem with Sel's argument... Guri can't be defected. Can't. CAN'T. CANNOT. Why? Her security code. I don't want to get into it to much, I don't have a lot of time, but look up Savan. Now, as Guri is second in command, it can be assumed that G0-T0 knows of the master code. Nobody else. Thrumble dos not exist in the Kaggath, either. So Guri cannot be defected.

But the Imperium doesn't know that.

So, Guri plays along, and when alone, hacks and forces loyalty to G0-T0 into HK-01. They tell G0-T0, and with Terror Droids, ambush Maul. Once Maul is dead, the Imperium pretty much loses. The DS either has/retakes Dac, and then crashes their entire fleet into Malachor, destroying it.

DS wins.

I know the ending is silly, but the idea is true. Guri can't be defected, but is cunning enough to play the DI's game until she can strike. Fatally.

Setting up an ambush for Maul would fail and Maul would still destroy G0-T0.

Bearing in mind the fact they'd have to bring Maul to G0-T0 or Guri would reveal herself to HK-01

Also, this code would have to be activated at the start, so 01 knows of it and kills her, or once she's defected, and by then it's too late.

Edited by Selenial

A fair and valid point, but G0-T0's desire to maintain infrastructure and keep the galaxy "tidy" remains - I'm not sure a droid uprising would factor well into that equation. Though more to the point is how Traya will aquire this information.

HK-01 is not exactly privy to G0-T0s plans, really is anyone?

Traya is privy to G0-T0's plans.

She knew of all of G0-T0's ideals, when the Exile spoke to her companions around the Holo Terminal of the Ebon Hawk, describing what happened to her.

Traya will probably see that attack coming, and I mean without foresight. It should be pretty obvious to her that G0-T0 is going to go straight for Malachor V - especially considering how close Mon Cala i.e. the bulk of his naval force, is to Sith Space, and altogether its the most important (my a fair margin) planet in her arsenal, so it will be well defended.

So yes, they will send the bulk of the fleet to Mon Cala, but she'll also leave the majority of her reserves, or perhaps just a couple of stealthed surprises, behind. And she'll probably reinforce Malachor in readiness for invasion.

Factoring in her foresight abilities and I'm sure she'll predict a battle on Malachor, and its integral importance. Basically, she'll be ready (as ready as time allows) but good points nonetheless.

One thing though, who's coming up with this little "Send tester ships down" idea, seeing as none of Warrens forces have any real degree of tactical ingenuity...

Also yeh, any dropships would just be annihilated by stealthed fighters, which could easily hide in the wreckage around Malachor, away from capital cruisers.

One thing though, who's coming up with this little "Send tester ships down" idea, seeing as none of Warrens forces have any real degree of tactical ingenuity...

Also yeh, any dropships would just be annihilated by stealthed fighters, which could easily hide in the wreckage around Malachor, away from capital cruisers.

G0-T0 of course, hes a droid, he deals in stats and stuff.

And I doubt anything other than a supercomputer would be able to process the results.

G0-T0 of course, hes a droid, he deals in stats and stuff.

And I doubt anything other than a supercomputer would be able to process the results.

And it would take a lot of testing, and a lot of time, seeing as the gravity Fluxs constantly.

Enough time for Traya to spring and organize a trap, if she hadnt already.

And it would take a lot of testing, and a lot of time, seeing as the gravity Fluxs constantly.

Enough time for Traya to spring and organize a trap, if she hadnt already.

True enough, I think he's more likely to launch scores of drop pods at high velocity, the gravity will just drag them down so as long as he aims at fairly clear terrain several pods will land.

They'll also be difficult to shoot down. Certainly not impossible though, and the fighters could get to the launchers first.