Kaggath Tournament Finals - Droid Supremacy vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

What on earth makes you think it's unstable in that sense?

Gravity flux's don't make it unstable.

Also, Beni, You likely can't Hyperspace anywhere near Malachor, besides.... Interdictors.

Meaning that it's like 500 venators, not 5...

The planet's as fragile as a saltine cracker.

Besides, I still don't see why G0-T0 would ram his ships into the planet. It's a waste of resources and goes against his character at the end of KOTOR 2.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The planet's as fragile as a saltine cracker.

Besides, I still don't see why G0-T0 would ram his ships into the planet. It's a waste of resources and goes against his character at the end of KOTOR 2.

Not just any old cracker, a saltine cracker. :p

I think he would do it only as a last resort, if he sees know other way to destroy the Academy/Traya.

Not just any old cracker, a saltine cracker. :p

I think he would do it only as a last resort, if he sees know other way to destroy the Academy/Traya.

If Traya uses hit-and-fade stealth tactics with her fleets, then I think that won't be an option as time goes by.

Well the Praetor only managed to fracture a planet, so I'm going to assume that given Malachor is unstable, you'd need to match or surpass that output to destroy it.

And Selenial, its not the gravity fluctuations, its the fact that the MSG literally crushed and fractured it. I mean look it at, its a massive holey rock filled with fissures and stuff. Doesn't take much to make it break apart.

EDIT: You can hyperspace to the planet's location, so I think you should be able to get close enough for the speed to carry you the rest of the way.

What?...Either SW authors don't get how science works or SW planets are more durable than our planets are.

But if Malachor is already fractured, then wouldn't plowing a capital ship with a high reactor output be the end of it? I mean you said that the Quaestor fractured a planet's core right? Malachor is already factured...so...who says it wouldn't just be worse?

Even then it seems that while the Quaestor did fracture Pammant, it did leave behind radiation so even if the planet isn't destroyed, there is still the radiation fallout.....plus the impact did destroy factories and underground shipyards, so who's to say it couldn't also destroy the academy?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well the Praetor only managed to fracture a planet, so I'm going to assume that given Malachor is unstable, you'd need to match or surpass that output to destroy it.

And Selenial, its not the gravity fluctuations, its the fact that the MSG literally crushed and fractured it. I mean look it at, its a massive holey rock filled with fissures and stuff. Doesn't take much to make it break apart.

EDIT: You can hyperspace to the planet's location, so I think you should be able to get close enough for the speed to carry you the rest of the way.

Precisely located engine cores detonated still took two tries to destroy the world.

In the same way that 26 (something like that) Nuclear explosions could destroy Planet Earth.

It requires exact science, planning, not Ramming full speed.

What?...Either SW authors don't get how science works or SW planets are more durable than our planets are.

But if Malachor is already fractured, then wouldn't plowing a capital ship with a high reactor output be the end of it? I mean you said that the Quaestor fractured a planet's core right? Malachor is already factured...so...who says it wouldn't just be worse?

Even then it seems that while the Quaestor did fracture Pammant, it did leave behind radiation so even if the planet isn't destroyed, there is still the radiation fallout.....plus the impact did destroy factories and underground shipyards, so who's to say it couldn't also destroy the academy?

It's times like this I wish I could remember my sources.

Does force aura around planets or locations (jedi temple) mean anything to you guys? I remember a source saying the reason the Temple wasnt just obliterated from Orbit was it had a strong force barrier that was around by complete naturality (Not man made) because of the huge fluctuations of force there....

off topic, but yeh.

Does force aura around planets or locations (jedi temple) mean anything to you guys? I remember a source saying the reason the Temple wasnt just obliterated from Orbit was it had a strong force barrier that was around by complete naturality (Not man made) because of the huge fluctuations of force there....

off topic, but yeh.

? Eh? First time I'm hearing of this.

? Eh? First time I'm hearing of this.

See, that's the thing. It came up recently and I searched and searched, couldn't find it.

But it makes sense right? Malgus personally attacking the Jedi Temple instead of just bombing it...

See, that's the thing. It came up recently and I searched and searched, couldn't find it.

But it makes sense right? Malgus personally attacking the Jedi Temple instead of just bombing it...

I guess? But then were speaking of the HQ of the Jedi Order vs a Sith Academy of which there were many like it, sure it's on a Force Nexus but so is the Academy on Korriban.

But if the source can be found then...go ahead. Though I'm not recalling this statement or what have you.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

off topic, but yeh.

I've heard of it, but haven't seen anything about it.

I am unsure if this is the correct source, but I believe the book was The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand, set during the Vong war, mid to late war, and it was set on Coruscant when Luke and other jedi were on a mission concerning helping survivors or some such. As for the temple being unable to be bombarded from orbit, I think it had to do with the strong force nexus underneath it that was sealed completely until Lord Nyax *spelling?* broke it down. The one with the lightsabers worked into his body so that he could defend and attack easily from multiple directions naturally.

If I recall correctly this statement concerning the temple being unable to be bombed might have come up soon after Nyax broke the seal, when the Vong attempted to bombard him from orbit. Though, I have not read that novel in years so I could be incorrectly remembering exactly what happened.

As for the next tournament....yes...yes...

Edited by Silenceo

I am unsure if this is the correct source, but I believe the book was The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand, set during the Vong war, mid to late war, and it was set on Coruscant when Luke and other jedi were on a mission concerning helping survivors or some such. As for the temple being unable to be bombarded from orbit, I think it had to do with the strong force nexus underneath it that was sealed completely until Lord Nyax *spelling?* broke it down. The one with the lightsabers worked into his body so that he could defend and attack easily from multiple directions naturally.

If I recall correctly this statement concerning the temple being unable to be bombed might have come up soon after Nyax broke the seal, when the Vong attempted to bombard him from orbit. Though, I have not read that novel in years so I could be incorrectly remembering exactly what happened.

As for the next tournament....yes...yes...

So the protection thing was during the Vong war? Not before?

So the protection thing was during the Vong war? Not before?

Like I said, I am unsure. I only clearly remember the fact that there was a massive force nexus greater than most others Luke had discovered up to that point buriend underneath the temple. Whether this is the thing that might cause bombardment to be impossible, I am unsure. After all, the Vong did manage to attack Nyax from orbit, though I am unsure if their methods of attack would encounter the same problems as a turbolaser. Since they use lava cannons I mean.

I am unsure if force energy can stop energy weapons of that magnitude, I just thought it an occasion that might be able to shed some answers. If anyone here has that book, it should be near the back if they wanted to check.

Edit: If the Nexus beneath the temple is capable of such things, then it likely would span across the eras due to the jedi temple being in the same spot. *Theoretically, due to the nexus itself. Perhaps it is the reason they chose that location for their HQ for millennia?*

After thought: If such a thing does exist around the Jedi Temple, then are there books that go over the invasion plans of either the Galactic Empire or the Sith Empire when either of them attack the temple? I have not read such a book myself, but perhaps one of you may shed some light here?

Edited by Silenceo

Precisely located engine cores detonated still took two tries to destroy the world.

In the same way that 26 (something like that) Nuclear explosions could destroy Planet Earth.

It requires exact science, planning, not Ramming full speed.

I'm not sure what your talking about, the incident on Panmannt was an accident, no planning required, you just ram an object with the output of a star into the planet and lightspeed and KABOOM.

If your referring to the MSG, that's not the same thing. Regardless, consider this the second try.

Edited by Beniboybling

The opening scenario:

In the opening stages of the Kaggath Traya dispatches her fleets to Mon Calamari and Geonosis. On Mon Calamari they do massive damage, capitalising on the element of surprise to tear through the enemies fleets and capture the space station. However the majority of G0-T0s fleets are spared as he has already dispatched them to Malachor V, Traya anticipates such a move, and manages to ambush them midway with an interdiction maneuverer. Though while the Imperium has them outmatched in terms of firepower, the Supremacy has superior numbers, managing to swiftly cripple the interdictor with swarm tactics and the majority of the fleet slips away.

Arriving at Malachor to plough into their now depleted defences they use their initial advantage they are able to break through enemy lines and dispatch drop pods to the planet’s surface. However several of the pods are intercepted by a stealthed fighter ambush while others are destroyed on impact, leaving only a rag-tag force to assault the Trayus Academy. G0-T0’s forces are overwhelmed, but not after dealing the enemy casualties.

Drastic measures:

Meanwhile the rest of the Imperium’s fleets drop out of hyperspace and begin pushing the Supremacy’s forces back, realising victory is impossible G0-T0 resorts to drastic tactics, ordering a reserve of Venators and other vessels to ram into the planet via a hyperspace jump, the Star Destroyers collide with the planet at light-speed, tearing it, the Trayus Academy and every on the planet’s surface to pieces.

However before G0-T0 can celebrate his victory, he receives a holomessage from Darth Traya herself, informing the droid that she is not dead, and left the planet long before arrived. Angered at the oversight G0-T0 pulls all his remaining forces back to recuperate. While Traya dispatches Maul, HK-47 and a group of assassins to infiltrate Nar Shaddaa. Using knowledge of his true plans and identity to gain the support of Exchange members they attempt track down G0-T0 – systematically infiltrating and destroying various Exchange bases. Traya also dispatches death squads to Bothawui, preventing G0-T0 from seeking refuge there.

G0-T0’s counterattack:

Meanwhile the invasion of Geonosis is in full swing, with Shadow Stormtroopers striking at key targets across the planet, and stealthed bombing runs harrowing the droid forces at every turn. In the wake of the confusion several infiltration units are dispatched to destroy the droid factories, many succeed but G0-T0’s forces quickly become aware of the sabotages and increase security, trapping the remaining infiltration squads and eliminating them. And with a lack of intelligence on the factories layout and against the mounting numbers of the Supremacy’s armies the Imperium is forced to withdraw from the planet, suffering casualties in the process but not diminishing G0-T0’s production capabilities.

Nonetheless G0-T0 rallies his forces and prepares for an all-out war. Infiltration units secreted amongst the Imperium’s fleets assist him in tracking down and isolating the retreating stealthed forces, which he proceeds to ambush, board and commandeer. Combined with his own fleets and with the assistance of smugglers he then launches an all-out attack on Imperium territory. Saleucami and Raxus Prime are both hit, exploiting the sparseness of the enemy’s fleets to bypass their defences and land armies on the planet’s surface, laying siege to the capital cities.

As the war rages, and after becoming aware of the presence of a rogue AI on Raxus Prime, G0-T0 decides to strike a deal; he makes contact with the droid through a secure channel, offering the droid freedom and free reign in exchange for his assistance in taking over the planet. Perceiving an opportunity to spread droid supremacy throughout the galaxy the Core accepts G0-T0’s offer, taking control of the droids on the planet’s surface and causing them to rebel. With the planet in disarray he launches a lightning attack on the planet’s orbital blockade, manage to punch a hole through and land droid forces on the planet below who with the help of the rebellion manage to take control of the Ore Cannon and overload it, destroying the orbital shipyards, crippling the planet’s production capabilities.

The attack quickly takes its toll on the war effort, as without reinforcements and their naval forces being thinned as they are swarmed and boarded, the Imperium is unable to effectively prevent that Supremacy from landing reinforcements and unable to launch another invasion of Geonosis with its forces tied up. The Imperium’s forces manage to hold the droid armies back, ambushing them in the streets, but faced with an unending stream of battle droids their numbers slowly thin, and Traya knows she cannot withstand a siege for much longer.

The end-game scenario:

But the tide threatens to turn as the Imperium, despite G0-T0’s sabotage efforts, manages to repurpose the shipyards of Mon Cala to produce reinforcements, tipping the tide in the Imperium’s favour. G0-T0 however quickly intervenes, dispatching strike teams to the Mon Cala shipyards, bypassing the their naval occupation to land Terror Soldiers reinforced by his best battle droids to wreak havoc on the facility and bring production to a shuddering halt. And once again the war front seems dire for Traya’s forces, herself entrenched on Raxus Secundus, the city in flames and the droid armada quickly encroaching on her position.

However G0-T0 has found himself up against the wall as well, as despite his best efforts Maul and HK track him to Jekk’Jekk Tarr, however he is ready, as the assassins infiltrates the tunnels he floods it with a corrosive gas, the assassins succumb despite their breath masks but Maul manages to create a Force Barrier around himself to ward off the fumes. Not giving up G0-T0 dispatches Guri and some Terror Troopers to finish him and the droid. Suddenly Terror Droids swarm them from all angles, forcing Maul to drop his barrier as he fights back the toxins through sheer willpower. Back to back the droid and the Sith Lord fight off the hordes, yet while they are occupied a set of doors swing open, revealing several metres down the corridor Guri – armed with an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Guri fires straight and true, blasting off HK-47’s head with a single shot. She quickly reloads and prepares to fire at Maul who is already on the move, rushing down the corridor to face her, Guri fires off another round but Maul deflects it without breaking a stride, quickly she loads the rifle again and prepares to fire another shot. But with a burst of speed Maul rushes forward and slices the rifle in half, bringing his blade back around to impale Guri and deactivate her. Wasting no time Maul quickly navigates through the rest of the tunnels, bursting into G0-T0’s base much to his surprise. In a last ditch attempt to kill Maul he throws everything at him, before making a hasty escape.

Back on Raxus Secundus the Supremacy’s armies have infiltrated Traya’s stronghold, flooding the fortress with the remaining Terror Droids, Traya makes no attempt to flee, but instead patiently awaits their arrival in the throne room. Soon enough a squad of Terror Troopers burst into the room, quickly dispatching her guard detail before a dozen Droidekas roll in after them and surround her. But before they can open fire Traya waves a hand in a great arc, deactivating them one by one. The Terror Troopers advance, rushing at her from all angles, but she artfully dodges each one and hacks them to pieces. Yet as soon as she finishes them the adjacent wall suddenly explodes, revealing a massive Terror Walker that clambers towards her. The walker unleashes a beam of pure energy at the Sith Lord and without time to dodge Traya is forced to absorb the impact in the palm of her hands, the intensity of the attack threatening to overwhelm her completely.

Meanwhile Maul tears through the remainder of G0-T0’s droid and rushes off in pursuit, drawing on the Force to propel himself forward at superhuman speeds. G0-T0 manages to make it into a secret hangar where his ship awaits him, however has he draws near Maul catches up to him, swiftly cutting down the battle droids G0-T0 leaves behind. As he does so however G0-T0 activates a pair of turrets mounted to the ceiling, which open-fire on Maul, yet Maul manages to redirect the blaster bolts back at the turrets to disable them, just as the landing ramp seals shut.

But not before Maul throws his lightsaber in a final attempt to stop him, the double-bladed weapon spins through the air in a blur of red, cruising over the landing ramp as it begins to fold shut and slices G0-T0 in two. The droids lights flicker out, and across the galaxy his army deactivates. And on Raxus Prime as Traya succumbs to the force of the Terror Walker, the droid suddenly shuts down and collapses on the ruined floor. Moments later she receives the holomessage, G0-T0 has been destroyed.

The Dark Imperium is victorious.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: The Dark Imperium

The Results:

The Dark Imperium: 36

Droid Supremacy: 33

And so ends the Kaggath Tournament, a big thank you for everyone who participated! But don't worry another tournament is well underway, so stay tuned.

Edited by Beniboybling

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: THIS DEBATE IS CLOSED

Victor: The Dark Imperium

The Results:

The Dark Imperium: 33

Droid Supremacy: 36

And so ends the Kaggath Tournament, a big thank you for everyone who participated! But don't worry another tournament is well underway, so stay tuned.

You have it backwards Beni.