What is wrong with the scores?

Jcorden

All the Upgrades wont help against someone with 500+ games Experience. I'd say its about 40% upgrades and 60% skill.

Someone who knows when and how to engage, how to aim, how to turn, how to shake off enemys can easily achieve 15 kills in a match vs new players in a fully unupgraded ship

Edited by Elhobo

It's largely skill. Here's what I did on a new server.

16% accuracy is yuck!!! But in a new ship, completely understandable. We need more screenshots of experienced pilots flying new ships so that the newcomers can see that even with no upgrades, you can still make an impact

Was just in a match and the scores were like

How in the hell does someone get all the kills. Is GSF basically better upgrades = win?? Is there any skill involved?

That's a spread of the kills - post the assists.

16% accuracy is yuck!!! But in a new ship, completely understandable. We need more screenshots of experienced pilots flying new ships so that the newcomers can see that even with no upgrades, you can still make an impact

He did 46%. His mouse hovered someone doing 16%, but that's not him, the player taking the screenshot is always the black-ish line.

Proof : look at the "Player reached level 2" that is fading out. The name is Mae'thon, also the name in the first line of the scoreboard, which happen to be the black-ish one.

Edited by Altheran

It's largely skill. Here's what I did on a new server.

Here is my second match, not quite as impressive as Armondd's damage-wise, but then again I didn't die all over the place and I won.

My first match with my pub on that server was much better but the SS didn't take, and I had a gunship so it was cheating anyway.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Here is my second match, not quite as impressive as Armondd's damage-wise, but then again I didn't die all over the place and I won.

My first match with my pub on that server was much better but the SS didn't take, and I had a gunship so it was cheating anyway.

Yeah, I really wish screenshots were more reliable. I had a new character that was just a few xp short of level 10, so I decided to queue for GSF (I had a couple hundred matches on my main by this point). Got a TDM match, and proceeded to go 18 kills, 2 deaths, and 50k damage in a completely stock Starguard. And one of those deaths was from forgetting Starguards come w/ Kooigian Turn as standard and proceeding to smack myself into a wall.

Upgrades definitely help, but experience is much more important. You could give a newbie a completely mastered ship, and a vet in a stock ship would still win handily.

Wow... you ever gonna stop posting that??? Your epeen is big, we get it.

Once people stop claiming that they're only sucking because they only have t2 upgrades and everyone else obviously is flying only mastered ships, I'll stop proving them wrong.

Also bear in mind that you may have clicked that link a dozen times, but most forum complainers have never seen it before.

also stock strike>>>Stock gunship>>>stock novadive

Except when the other team has five bombers, then you just go gunship

I was confused as to how you started out with a gunship without spending req, but then I remembered that some people were subbed in October/November.

That's a spread of the kills - post the assists.

I agree, the game's rankings and kill numbers don't always tell a clear story. I have rounds with a lot of kills and rounds with an insane amount of assists but not as many kills. The damage numbers also show that I was doing as well as those in the top 3, they were just landing the last shot more than me and got the kill.

Wow... you ever gonna stop posting that??? Your epeen is big, we get it.

His point was that a new ship with a good pilot can do well. If you're taking that as "epeen," the issue is with you. And I hate people that brag unnecessarily.

His point was that a new ship with a good pilot can do well. If you're taking that as "epeen," the issue is with you. And I hate people that brag unnecessarily.

Zharik's a bro and I enjoy flying with (and against) him, so in his defense, I do play this game almost entirely for the epeen. It wasn't an unreasonable assumption to make.

How even the teams are can also have a big effect. If you're on a team that's getting massacred it can be difficult to get good numbers regardless of both skill and gear.

I had a match the other day that was an absolute disaster. I didn't fly that well, I didn't switch to my gunship to try to counter the other side's gunships and bombers, but on the other hand I didn't die all that many times either.

I might have done a little bit better had I made other choices, but pretty much the best odds I got was one on three, vs gunships with type 2 scouts in support, so it's not like I would have done a lot better even if I had.

I didn't see anything wrong with the scores for it though. I knew what that causes were, what I could have done to change them in my favor, and even though it was a disaster I got most of my daily bonus rep on my Pike.

Sucky matches happen, but once you've learned why, and what you can do to alter the outcomes, then it's a bit more tolerable.

As an aside, as a primarily strike pilot, I am going to be sooooo happy when the barrel roll nerf hits (I wasn't real pleased by the 2 gunships that managed to keep up the full length of the map when I tried to draw the scout that was covering them off. It was NICE flying/coordination on their part though). It also would have been more fun if Mas had been on a sting instead of spending the whole match pooping out mines on sat C.

Edited by Ramalina

Zharik's a bro and I enjoy flying with (and against) him, so in his defense, I do play this game almost entirely for the epeen. It wasn't an unreasonable assumption to make.

Guess we need a sarcasm font, then. He sounded more annoyed about your post than anything. I'll be sure not to chip in on your defense next time. :sul_wink:

Guess we need a sarcasm font, then. He sounded more annoyed about your post than anything. I'll be sure not to chip in on your defense next time. :sul_wink:

No, I'm pretty sure he was annoyed. I'm just saying he was reasonably annoyed.

I still appreciate you.

As far as getting all the kills, generally if you have one very dominant player on a team alongside competent players, the next players under top kills will be racking up a ton of assists, while the top player exhibits more skill on simply closing down on the killing blows. If you have an incredible player stuck inside a terrible team his numbers are not going to be nearly as impressive.

Oh I was annoyed, no doubt. I don't think he was kidding when he said I saw that like a dozen times... ;P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.