The right of a subscriber: all buffs needed even with only 1 toon.

Gingishan

O hi there, comunity of SWTOR.

I am a new player because i subscribed recently. My first toon is around lvl 35 since i subscribed 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for understanding.

Lol yes I understand, you should have all the buffs and everything else already.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yes I understand, you should have all the buffs and everything else already.

This is what you get when MMOs go mainstream and start catering to the "entitlement/participation-trophy" generation.

I'd like to have words with whomever thought that was a good thing.

Harsh, pointed, and forum-infraction-worthy words.

Edited by midianlord

This is what you get when MMOs go mainstream and start catering to the "entitlement/participation-trophy" generation.

I'd like to have words with whomever thought that was a good thing.

Harsh, pointed, and forum-infraction-worthy words.

I think everyone said what I could say to reply to this op but

This rings true the most

words. cannot. describe. the. mixed. feelings. I. am. having. right now. from. reading that.

by that I mean words allowed on the forums.

I say nay to the suggestion just ask the guy next to you for buffs or just level 4 alts past act 2.

Edited by Sangrar

i am forced to level 4 diferent classes to get all 4 buffs

Everybody else had to do this. None of us did get any buff for free.

Buying buffs at the cartel market would be ugly pay to win.

Edited by discbox

Everybody else had to do this. None of us did get any buff for free.

Buying buffs at the cartel market would be ugly pay to win.

Do we all must walk on the same path? I want to choose to level alts later but start with all 4 buffs. You all should ask for this. It can be wonderfull.

4 hours a day?

I play 2 times a week, and about 5 hours each time. And I have all 4 buffs.

4 hours a day everyday it wont take too long to get the buffs.

4 hours max, that mean i can be logged for max 4 hours, meanwhile i go slack mode, watch a movie, take a look inside the game, something like that, not 4 hours of focused will to play only in the game.

As a subscriber its my right to have what ever I have decided is my right today. Im super special and though others have had to work for it, I am entitled to "it" for free and immediately. Because I am the golden god king guy from 300.

I realize you're being sarcastic, but you have the $ Bioware wants. You have more power than you seem to believe. Requesting features that would benefit you (and others just starting the game) isn't unreasonable.

4 hours max, that mean i can be logged for max 4 hours, meanwhile i go slack mode, watch a movie, take a look inside the game, something like that, not 4 hours of focused will to play only in the game.

Do it on the upcoming double XP weekend and only do class quests. It should be pretty easy to knock out.

I realize you're being sarcastic, but you have the $ Bioware wants. You have more power than you seem to believe. Requesting features that would benefit you (and others just starting the game) isn't unreasonable.

New players buying buffs that I had to work for, for months, doesnt benefit me at all. I can buff anyone im grouped with if I want.

I want to pay 50$ for a full set of highest lvl operations gear is that cool?

Translation of main post "i dont want to work for this bonus, can I just buy it?"

I dont want to work for anything ya know? I want a pay to win at any time button. Like right before a boss fight I can just pay 400 CC and I win the fight and get the drops, but if its not the drop i was looking for can I buy that too? Why am I even playing?

The whole point of an MMO is putting in time to get what you want. Buying things outright makes playing the game at all pointless. or dont call it an MMO.

Call it:

BioWare's Star Wars Related digital game and cash shop. Buy things in the star wars universe. Get advertised too, buy more. Never move your toon. You dont need too! Pay if you want to have beaten a boss. 200 CC gets you the title "bad boy monster killer guy".

New players buying buffs that I had to work for, for months, doesnt benefit me at all. I can buff anyone im grouped with if I want.

I want to pay 50$ for a full set of highest lvl operations gear is that cool?

Translation of main post "i dont want to work for this bonus, can I just buy it?"

I dont want to work for anything ya know? I want a pay to win at any time button. Like right before a boss fight I can just pay 400 CC and I win the fight and get the drops, but if its not the drop i was looking for can I buy that too? Why am I even playing?

The whole point of an MMO is putting in time to get what you want. Buying things outright makes playing the game at all pointless. or dont call it an MMO.

Call it:

BioWare's Star Wars Related digital game and cash shop. Buy things in the star wars universe. Get advertised too, buy more. Never move your toon. You dont need too! Pay if you want to have beaten a boss. 200 CC gets you the title "bad boy monster killer guy".

I do not want to get titles, gear or kill monster with CC, is about 4 buff that have nothing to do with what you say. This 4 buff will not make me Imortal and will not give me huge advantage over others...yet will put me in line with them, nothing more. What is wrong in that?

You played...you didn't "work". This is a game. It benefits you if it makes these new players happy and retains them longer. There's NO negative to allowing this, it's only a time savings.

I do not want to get titles, gear or kill monster with CC, is about 4 buff that have nothing to do with what you say. This 4 buff will not make me Imortal and will not give me huge advantage over others...yet will put me in line with them, nothing more. What is wrong in that?

Not having them makes you inferior to 99% of the other players in the game. This is fine, you are new, and by definition, inferior.

You stop being inferior by playing the game.

You played...you didn't "work". This is a game. It benefits you if it makes these new players happy and retains them longer. There's NO negative to allowing this, it's only a time savings.

See Tux, you are much more likely to alienate a larger proportion of the existing playerbase by allowing something along these lines, rather than pandering to a couple of players here and there who clearly MMOs are not suited to.

Why does it upset existing players? You know exactly why, and whilst I am the biggest advocate of "this is not work and just a game", people are people and have expectations as to how the game they are playing treats them.

If we are arguing that the OP may unsubscribe due to not having this function, then let him. I firmly believe that you would have many more unsubscribing by allowing this kind of gaming dilution into a game which truly is already the easiest of all MMOs ever.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

I have been playing since launch and I still don't have all the buffs but yet I don't expect them until I finish leveling my other characters. I have 2 of the 4 buffs. The other two I get when I play with my boyfriend since we play together some of the time.

See Tux, you are much more likely to alienate a larger proportion of the existing playerbase by allowing something along these lines, rather than pandering to a couple of players here and there who clearly MMOs are not suited to.

Why does it upset existing players? You know exactly why, and whilst I am the biggest advocate of "this is not work and just a game", people are people and have expectations as to how the game they are playing treats them.

If we are arguing that the OP may unsubscribe due to not having this function, then let him. I firmly believe that you would have many more unsubscribing by allowing this kind of gaming dilution into a game which truly is already the easiest of all MMOs ever.

I understand what you're saying...it's nice to be rewarded for your in-game deeds like this. But I've believed, from the onset of the CM, that they should be available for purchase. I have mine, they truly don't take that long to get with help, they're 'nice' to have, not necessary.

I can see your point. I respect (and appreciate) your reasoning.

I understand what you're saying...it's nice to be rewarded for your in-game deeds like this. But I've believed, from the onset of the CM, that they should be available for purchase. I have mine, they truly don't take that long to get with help, they're 'nice' to have, not necessary.

I can see your point. I respect (and appreciate) your reasoning.

I don't think them being hard/easy to get is really the point. The goal of this game as seen by the devs is for players to complete the story for their/each class that they play. The additional class buff is incentivizing the player to complete the goal the devs have set for the player. Selling a partial completion of that goal would trivialize the goal itself, why play through when you can just buy it?

I think a way to compromise would be to change how the buff is awarded to "Complete act 2 with <class> OR get to valor level 40 with <class>." This would give valor a meaning that doesn't obfuscate anything like locking gear/queues as some have suggested it should and it rewards PvP players the dame way it rewards PvE players, a new buff for playing your class to lvl ~40.