The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which SWBF was your favorite? Why?

SWBF2, by far. They expanded on the original and made it so much better to play.

Here are just some of the things I really enjoyed:

• Space Combat
  • Tons of new maps
  • The Hero System (play as Obi-Wan, Vader, Boba, etc.)
  • Better graphics (of course :p)
  • Fun Multiplayer
  • Sprinting

I hope the new BF that is in production by DICE lives up to BF2, and isn't just Battlefield 4 with a Star Wars skin.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

SWBF2, by far. They expanded on the original and made it so much better to play.

Here are just some of the things I really enjoyed:

• Space Combat
  • Tons of new maps
  • The Hero System (play as Obi-Wan, Vader, Boba, etc.)
  • Better graphics (of course :p)
  • Fun Multiplayer
  • Sprinting

I hope the new BF that is in production by DICE lives up to BF2, and isn't just Battlefield 4 with a Star Wars skin.

I agree with this, however, I will say that BF1 has MASSIVE nostalgic value and that makes it really fun to play as well. And as for the DICE thing, I used to think so too. I thought I'd be super offended if they just made Battlefield: Star Wars edition. But then I realized... I freaking love Battlefield and I freaking love Star Wars. So even if they just slapped the two together, I'd be really happy. However, by what I've been reading, it sounds like they're going to really put their hearts into it and do the game justice. So I'm super excited :)

They where both good, the one thing that irked me about BF2 is it dropped a lot of the features about BF1. It lost several of the maps, it dropped unique differences in weapons. (like with the rocket launchers and sniper rifles) it some small stuff like being able to lay prone, and that the commandposts didn't have names.

My favorite part was the open modding that could be done, by the time swtor came out I had mine setup to the point where every map had the correct clone legion, and the blaster behaved like they do in the movies. Recently I even made a full belsavis map, but I'm scrapping it for a version two after I found some old assests in BF1 that would greatly improve it....

Unfortunately I heard that DICE will not allow any form of mod support for the new battlefront :jawa_mad: