How do I start "Hunting for Lord Tharsis"?

I got up to the heroic portion of this quest series and after five levels and even going back to Balmorra, I couldn't get a group for it so I abandoned it. Now I'm 55th-level I want to go back and pwn that ***** Loell and finish the series but I can't for the life of me figure out how to start it again.

I've looked online everywhere and I can't find the information on who the NPC is to start it. The two quest NPC's that have quests for me at Moraine outpost aren't the ones who start it (at least not according to what I can find) so I'm at a loss as to where to even go. I certainly don't want to run around and finish every single quest in Balmorra just to find it. It's Balmorra after all.

after reading your post i think you were doing the Balmorra planet storyline quest, no? if so once you abandon it you cant pick it up again. that goes for all the planetary storyline quests.

Edit: planetary qeusts = the ones you pick up normally at the space port or orbital stations.

Edited by thatPERSON

That heroic is very badly placed. Isn't it Stage 3 of a bonus that's soloable up until that point, then becomes a Heroic 4?

Didn't stop me from soloing it on all my toons :cool:

Granted, having a 4-legacy-abilities head-start did help.

Anyway, since its a bonus mission, you can't pick it up off anyone. All it dropped was 3 planetary comms though, so if you really want to do it solo a heroic4 in the area and offer help to some noobs (see, level appropriate people with <4 legacy abilities) so you can kill him.

That heroic is very badly placed. Isn't it Stage 3 of a bonus that's soloable up until that point, then becomes a Heroic 4?

Yeah it is and it's very annoying. I couldn't quite do it solo on either of my Republic characters and was annoyed I had to give it up because I would have gone back for him a few levels later.

after reading your post i think you were doing the Balmorra planet storyline quest, no? if so once you abandon it you cant pick it up again. that goes for all the planetary storyline quests.

Sorry, but this is incorrect. If you abandoned the bonus quest before finishing it you can pick it up again at any time by talking to the NPC in the Spaceport (I think the only exception is the Alderaan Bonus series which you pick up on the Fleet)

All it dropped was 3 planetary comms though, so if you really want to do it solo a heroic4 in the area and offer help to some noobs (see, level appropriate people with <4 legacy abilities) so you can kill him.

It's not about the comms or the loot, it's about finishing something I started and couldn't complete at the time.

And anyone who says they soloed Loell at level-appropriate is simply lying.

It's not about the comms or the loot, it's about finishing something I started and couldn't complete at the time.

And anyone who says they soloed Loell at level-appropriate is simply lying.

No, just better at the game than you seem to think is possible. Tank with healer comp or vice versa has no issues with soloing champs like Loell and Tharsis as long as you keep your gear up to date with planetary comms/cybertech.

On my last playthrough, I've soloed every heroic I wanted except ones where another player just happened nearby, just because it was quicker than doing LFG/LFM.

Keyword "last", not "first". As in tons of experience, stocked on purples to level (shipped via legacy gear, crafted, bought), fully augmented to level, same on companion but with second-rate gear, and had legacy abilities and bonuses.