[petition] How to solve tons of problems within 4 hours of coding

Qwurdilu

You're spot on Dawg. Sometimes I queue up with my sorc who is a mix between obroan and conq. I know we're getting a new set of gear, so I didn't bother augmenting my ear and implant. 2018 expertise, decent stats w/ power mods/enh, and I get yelled at all the time. "Go get gear n00b".... "please stop queuing...," etc. The whining stops usually when I get top damage out of the group.

Part of this problem is dealing with the Internet tough guys. You can be fully geared sans 1-2 mods and not have 2018 expertise and you get into a match and start being hounded by these people who religiously check their teammates stats and then just yell and scream and make them feel like crap. I've been in matches where someone will chastise the crap out of our healer because they have 1998exp instead of the perfect 2018 while they still do 100k+ healing per round and then the round loss is blamed on their lack of perfect expertise while the guy yelling was off beating on a tank while he told everyone they needed to focus the healer. This is one reason the removal of 8v8 ranked is such a big deal for multiple reasons. One is that if you have one douche in a pack of 8 people it's not as big of a deal as getting 1-2 of these type players on a four man team. The other is that if you do have someone with slightly lower than 2018exp they can be carried a bit. This is not necessarily a bad thing. If you can carry 1-2 weaker geared players you encourage these players to queue.

Why bother making these petitions when we all know it is Bioware's new toilet paper? :(

The question is why do you bother to post that? I mean are you against it, bring some valid arguments, all your post does is giving BioWare the false impresion that maybe theyreally don't need to thing about it.

The moment anyone throws in a "four hours of coding" or a "the interns could do it" I know they are completely clueless.

That said, I agree with the premise of this thread.

It is synonymous with "I need this simple fix" which is never simple :D

To fix a misspelled word in a commercial software product it takes 4 hours worth of meetings!

The moment anyone throws in a "four hours of coding" or a "the interns could do it" I know they are completely clueless.

That said, I agree with the premise of this thread.

True this would take much more than 4 hours. But unlike many of the suggestions in here its both doable and a very good idea to improve the number of people queueing ranked without huge backend changes.

I'd bet they could crank this out in a minor patch update too.