The Capabilities of Legacy Storage

Cypherz

The point of the legacy bank, IMO, is to make it more convenient to store crafting mats, unbound gear and BOL gear, rather than having to cycle through multiple alts to see which character has the mat you need, that piece of UNBOUND gear or that piece of legacy gear for which you are looking.

I'm hoping that the legacy bank does not allow the current binding rules to be bypassed.

Agreed. Allowing bound items to be placed in the bank would cause more problems than it fixes. It would completely break collections, and invalidate the entire purpose of legacy gear.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Agreed. Allowing bound items to be placed in the bank would cause more problems than it fixes. It would completely break collections, and invalidate the entire purpose of legacy gear.

I'd rather them add a vendor to the fleet or homeworld which allows you to turn any gear into legacy gear. I don't care if it was extremely expensive. It probably should be to some extent to cut down on the amount of people doing it, or add some kind of reputation system to it or whatever. But that's what I'd like to see rather than allowing us to shove bound gear into a legacy bank and retrieve it on other characters with impunity.

This right here. Unlike some of the people posting, I never wanted a legacy bank to "cheat the system" (IE: they want to put bound items in to give to their alts).

So you are saying that Legacy gear is "cheating the system" because it allows you to move bound mods between your different characters? It is not "cheating" when this is the system.

In my opinion — even if I hope for more — Legacy storage will only allow to store items that are Bind on Equip and became bound because they were used while keeping items that were designed as Bind on Pickup unabled to be moved.

I agree in part to many of the posters here: I would like to see items bound to one character in a legacy being able to be used by all characters in a legacy(even if it BoP). After all it's a Role playing game, so my character goes to his son and says here! Take this! Of course this kinda screws Collections

The problem is commercially, Bioware will take a hit if this is the case, since the game makes money out of TIME spent by players acquiring goods on other toons, essentially. So I can't see this happening. It might also cause a **** storm in the ninja department as people scrabble to acquire BoP gear for their alts with established characters.

I myself can only see the legacy storage being for shared goods that have no binding or a BtL binding. I really see no other way to avoid inpacting on several systems that are inherent to the Cartel Market. Ok, I would personally LOVE to see ANY items shared, I really would. Perhaps Bioware could comprimise and say some items currently BoP COULD be shared, but not all, I dunno.

But I would not expect everything to be shared, as I think you will be in for a bad come down. This is aimed, I believe at crafting materials, Legacy bound items, and other none-binding items. Hopefully cash credits also.

I think that's a good start. :)

• 2 months later...

Do they say how many slots and banks slots we can have?

same as as character bank?

I read somewhere that we will have only 2 bank slots, IMO thats only for materials and not all if you are master crafter and craft everything.

Need more info in this plz

To me, the issue will simply be how large we can take them. I have all my alts fully bank tabbed out, with at least 3 pages on each with crafting mats, if I cannot put all those in the shared storage, there is little point to it. Increased stacks would be helpful.

I also hope that they add far better formatting or arranging of the tabs, we should be able to set tabs as craft mats, or armour shells etc, and simply adding those to the bank, they should default to those areas.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

To me, the issue will simply be how large we can take them. I have all my alts fully bank tabbed out, with at least 3 pages on each with crafting mats, if I cannot put all those in the shared storage, there is little point to it. Increased stacks would be helpful.

I also hope that they add far better formatting or arranging of the tabs, we should be able to set tabs as craft mats, or armour shells etc, and simply adding those to the bank, they should default to those areas.

You shan't, because they didn't thought of that. For sure. :rolleyes:

Well, if the storage only replicates what we can do with mail now, it better be really really cheap to get, or it can go **** itself

It will do more, because it is 1) centralized, and 2) located at your Stronghold.

1) Because it is centralized, you can put things that any of your toons might want to use in it (mats, stims, adrenals, grenades, unbound items, and hopefully Bound-to-Legacy items), and when a toon wants it, you will not have to "logout, login to another toon, logout, repeat until you find the toon that has it, log back in to the first toon" to get the item.

2) Because it is at your Galactic Stronghold, you can quick-travel to your GSH, get it, and quick-travel back to where you where, even if you were at the Sarlac pit on Tatooine. (Maybe not from within a FP or Op instance I would guess, but you can always step outside, round-trip QT to your GSH, and step back in.) That's pretty dang convenient and not something you can do if the only copy of the item you want is in that particular toon's ship's locker.

I'm looking forward to legacy storage simply so that I don't have to mail crafting mats and companion gifts from characters to character to character.

However comma pause

Is there going to be enough room in the legacy storage bank for it all?

If the bank is going to be simply a cargo hold with max 5 80 slot tabs like a toon has then the function (IMHO) will be of limited usefulness to me given the amount of resources a full set of crafters needs to have on hand