The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What happened to new saber crystals in cartel packs?

I think they didnt want to run out of color's honestly. By not having any in this GSF themed "Set" of packs they can extend the amount of time and let the rest of the colors bleed off the market. This will also make things new and fresh when they put a new "set" out and it has crystals, thus driving the need for the new "set". Its a two fold marketing ploy.

Anyone who thinks they are anywhere near running out of colors for crystals clearly needs to go visit a paint store. :p There are so many possibilities! Off the top of my head, I would like to see:

Emerald Green

Sapphire Blue

Dark Amethyst

Garnet Red

Silver

Pastel Pink

Periwinkle Blue

Light Lavender

Pale Yellow

And I could go on. xD I miss having new crystals coming out, and I really hope they'll return with the next shipment. As excited as I am for housing, I don't want home decor to take the crystal "spot" like GSF stuff did! Though I do like the idea of crystal packs.

Edited by Gwena

Anyone who thinks they are anywhere near running out of colors for crystals clearly needs to go visit a paint store. :p There are so many possibilities! Off the top of my head, I would like to see:

Emerald Green

Sapphire Blue

Dark Amethyst

Garnet Red

Silver

Pastel Pink

Periwinkle Blue

Light Lavender

Pale Yellow

And I could go on. xD I miss having new crystals coming out, and I really hope they'll return with the next shipment. As excited as I am for housing, I don't want home decor to take the crystal "spot" like GSF stuff did! Though I do like the idea of crystal packs.

The colors in a game has to be far enough on the spectrum so you can see a difference. One shade of a color will not cut it, that is I believe why they have used the "core" crystals with the dual colors. This makes the crystal stand out.

The colors in a game has to be far enough on the spectrum so you can see a difference. One shade of a color will not cut it, that is I believe why they have used the "core" crystals with the dual colors. This makes the crystal stand out.

Tell that Lime Green and Mint Green which are shades Oh and the multitudes of various Orange and Yellow crystals..

For the answer of the OP.

This pack series of CM was G.S.F. themed in title and colors. We got gas cannisters and engine reactant colors.

I didnt really think about this angle but I am sure you are right as the cannisters are like color crystals in a way. So I wonder what that means for housing packs that are bound to come after that.

I think they didnt want to run out of color's honestly. By not having any in this GSF themed "Set" of packs they can extend the amount of time and let the rest of the colors bleed off the market. This will also make things new and fresh when they put a new "set" out and it has crystals, thus driving the need for the new "set". Its a two fold marketing ploy.

This is definitely the problem, as it is now, all the primary, secondary and tertiary colours have been released, though there is a lot of combos they haven't explored, there will be a finite amount that will work.

The problem with combos is washout, this is clearly evident with the blue yellow they released, as from any distance the blue simply washes away and it becomes another yellow crystal, the same thing will happen to many combos if theres not enough contrast between the 2 colours used, so this really limits their selection.

There is some room for shades, but they have to be extreme for them to be of any value and again, very limited.