Thinking About Coming Back, Input Appreciated!

Ortonic

Good morning!

After giving FFXIV a good shot and not enjoying the end game, I've decided to sever ties from Eorzea and focus my attention on a different MMO. I played SWTOR through beta and launch with a CE purchased and registered. I sincerely enjoyed my time with SWTOR and have a Jedi Sentinel at 52 (50 up until the first expansion), and I had a good group of friends who played. The constant bugs and broken issues with the end game turned us off however.

I've continued to be a subscriber through the transition to F2P and honestly I thought the game was going to go by the wayside. I believe I was thoroughly wrong though, as I've seen consistent updates for the game and two expansions now. I'm happy to see that BioWare and EA have continued to support SWTOR through the departures of BioWare leaders and the F2P transition.

At this point I'm thinking about coming back full time. I played the first expansion briefly to level 52 but I was still invested in other MMO's and didn't dedicate myself fully. I'm ready to give SWTOR another chance to win me over full time. I do have a few questions though that I would appreciate any feedback on:

1) I still have a preference towards the Republic. Is there a server that skewers towards them? I don't remember what server I am on, possibly Bastion?

2) How are Jedi Sentinel's currently doing? If things aren't going well would it be worth the time to build a DPS Trooper? Have their been any hints towards possible new classes?

3) How was the last mini-expansion? Is it seeing a healthy amount of play?

4) June appears to be the month for the next major update to the game, however I see another patch with a new quest line and what looks to be new flashpoints coming soon. Any thoughts on those?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated from the community. Thank you!

Good morning!

After giving FFXIV a good shot and not enjoying the end game, I've decided to sever ties from Eorzea and focus my attention on a different MMO. I played SWTOR through beta and launch with a CE purchased and registered. I sincerely enjoyed my time with SWTOR and have a Jedi Sentinel at 52 (50 up until the first expansion), and I had a good group of friends who played. The constant bugs and broken issues with the end game turned us off however.

I've continued to be a subscriber through the transition to F2P and honestly I thought the game was going to go by the wayside. I believe I was thoroughly wrong though, as I've seen consistent updates for the game and two expansions now. I'm happy to see that BioWare and EA have continued to support SWTOR through the departures of BioWare leaders and the F2P transition.

At this point I'm thinking about coming back full time. I played the first expansion briefly to level 52 but I was still invested in other MMO's and didn't dedicate myself fully. I'm ready to give SWTOR another chance to win me over full time. I do have a few questions though that I would appreciate any feedback on:

1) I still have a preference towards the Republic. Is there a server that skewers towards them? I don't remember what server I am on, possibly Bastion?

2) How are Jedi Sentinel's currently doing? If things aren't going well would it be worth the time to build a DPS Trooper? Have their been any hints towards possible new classes?

4) June appears to be the month for the next major update to the game, however I see another patch with a new quest line and what looks to be new flashpoints coming soon. Any thoughts on those?

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated from the community. Thank you!

1. I'm not sure about other serves but I play on Prophecy of the 5 and its mostly empire. There are far less servers available than when you played. They consolidated most of them.

2. Sentinels are doing very well right now. They have a few issues but overall they are one of the top DPS in PvE

3. The last mini expansion was very mini. Compared to other games SWTOR doesn't offer a lot in the way of major content updates.

4. 2.7 looks to be a large patch. They are saying its their largest update since their first "expansion"

In conclusion, its a good time to come back and check out everything. If you are a raider you wont have much variety. There are 10 raid bosses that have been out for about the last year.

1: There was a server merge awhile ago, not sure if you played while that happened.. I play in europe, so my knowledge on bastion isnt that big.. Alltho i know this, the bastion is a pvp server, for the west cost.. other servers on west cost are either RP, or PVE.

2: My main, or one of them, is a sentinel, which is the class i love the most.. Alltho i think BW favours stealthed and ranged classes a bit more atm, the sentinels are quite dangerous when played right.. The focus spec, which is a tad overpowered will get nerfed in 2.7, and combat suffers a bit in pvp, because of stuns and such.. Watchman was stated that they didnt quite like everything about it, but they dont know what to do with it either, so we shouldnt hold our breath..

The trooper is doing very well dps wise, and commando is a nice ranged healer, as well as deadly in pvp.. Suffers a bit from low survivability, but thats mostly people that dont know how to play well..

3:

If you refer to the galactic starfighter expansion, it was awesome for about 5 minutes, then people started playing gunships, and then they added bombers, and i havent entered a single gsf since..

4:

2.7 hits in april, and will give a whole lot of new stuff, warzone, 2 new instances on korriban and tython, and more! Might be awesome, might not be, we will see in 2-3 weeks..!

Hope this helps..

Good morning!

1) Really any place is as good as another, but Republic PvP is dominant on Harbinger

2) New classes would require new class stories, which they said they will no longer be doing, leaning on faction stories from now on. From that, you can glean there will never be another new class. As far as how professions are doing, they really all are viable, with none better than another. Just keep playing builds until you find one you like.

3) Galactic Starfighter is popular, but there hasn't been real story content since Makeb. However, that likely is getting alleviated in update 2.8

4) 2.7 starts a major story with flashpoints. No firm details on 2.8, but there is chatter that you could see the release of a new planet, for instance maybe Yavin or Bothawuii.

Good morning!

1. Jedi Covenant used to skew towards Republic, but I think it has evened out over time or even gone the other way. The Rep side is definitely thriving though and is infinitely more mature than the Imp side.

2. They're still the top melee DPS, but Commandos are doing really well too. Really the only DPS class that has any room to complain is Shadows. Every other class is in a decent place.

3. GSF? I love it, I play it every day. The community for it on JC is thriving and I have heard good things about other servers as well.

4. June is supposed to be the BIG patch, I am guessing housing will be included in it. 2.7 is next month and it looks to be a decent patch too. I hadn't heard anything about new missions for it but the new FPs are supposedly good.

Good morning!

1) I can't comment too much on faction preference on my server because I don't pay too much attention, but I believe The Shadowlands is skewed slightly towards the Empire.

2) Sentinels are still pretty much at the top for melee DPS. You can't go wrong with commandos too though, and thankfully the Gunnery spec is getting some nice QoL buffs in the next patch. As for new classes they've pretty much outright said not to expect any new classes, at least any time soon.

3) The mini expansion was pretty good, but since it centers almost completely on the Galactic Starfighter your reaction to it would probably depend on how much you enjoy that gameplay.

4) A couple new flashpoints where you can attack/defend Tython/Korriban, a new huttball map, nightmare mode on one of the new operations, and some class balances, it looks like it will be a pretty decent patch. Though I'm more interested in seeing what's coming in 2.8

4. 2.7 looks to be a large patch. They are saying its their largest update since their first "expansion"

In conclusion, its a good time to come back and check out everything. If you are a raider you wont have much variety. There are 10 raid bosses that have been out for about the last year.

I assume you meant 2.8, and they don't mention since the first expansion, just "the biggest update up to this point". Whether or not that includes the expansion though isn't really specified.

Dread Fortress and Dread Palace launched in October. A little over 5 months is not "about a year". Hopefully though we don't have to wait any longer than 2.9, and maybe get something new with either 2.8 or in an incremental patch. Any later than 2.9 would be way too long.

1)

I assume you meant 2.8, and they don't mention since the first expansion, just "the biggest update up to this point". Whether or not that includes the expansion though isn't really specified.

Dread Fortress and Dread Palace launched in October. A little over 5 months is not "about a year". Hopefully though we don't have to wait any longer than 2.9, and maybe get something new with either 2.8 or in an incremental patch. Any later than 2.9 would be way too long.

Yea I meant 2.8 and if DF and DP came out in October than it certainly feels longer than that. 6 months of doing the same 10 bosses certainly feels like a year. Actually by the time the next raid comes out it may just be a whole year. And it will feel like 2.