Good Role Tester Fights?

Title kind of says it, what do you guys believe to be the most challenging fights that aptly capitalize on a specific role more than others?

IE, I think Nefra from Dread Fortress is a good healer check for the raid group and Dread Master Raptus in Dread Palace is a good indication on telling your group if your tanks know how to work well together.

Thoughts?

Edited by ZooMzy

Mando raiders HM, the 4 classes fight is in my opinion a tank awareness check.

But I'm biassed, tanked the damn smuggler and trooper enough times on my healers to be sick of it.

Edited by toha

HM Brontes is a great check for every class in terms of raid awareness and class skill. If you're looking for more entry level-fights I'd say in S&V Dash'Roode is a good check to see if your tanks can put 1 and 1 together, TFB Operator IX is a good DPS check (yellow phase) and raid awareness check, and S&V Thrasher is a decent healer check. Thinking about it, a lot of the fights are pretty good at checking at least one role's skill level. There are only a few that I'd say test everyone, and a pretty good amount that are just comprehension checks. :D

Operator IX to see if your DPS is actually paying attention

Hard mode & Nightmare mode*

I think you mean check that everyone is paying attention...just a little while ago we get to deletion and I go right in the middle(not the best strat but we kind of just picked it on the fly) and one of the healers who was supposed to shield me literally ran around me to the left of me while I sat still for him to come shield me...

Also, I'd say Grob'thok HM is a good tank check fight, Draxus is a good raid awareness fight even on SM, and Tyrans HM is a very clear healing check.

For hard mode Dread Fortress and Dread Palace these are my recommended "check" fights:

• Tanks: Brontes
  • Healers: Tyrans
  • DPS: Bestia
  • Comprehensive: Dread Council

Of all current nightmare content, these are my recommendations:

• Tanks: S&V - Thrasher
  • Healers: S&V - Cartel Warlords
  • DPS: TFB - The Terror From Beyond
  • Comprehensive: TFB - Operator IX

Just a special note about the healer check in the nightmare version of the Cartel Warlords fight. The "Phase 4" version of Vilus Garr will put out around 12K - 14K damage per second on a guarded tank in full min/maxed 78s. That number jumps up to around 20K - 25K damage per second on a tank when he enrages. Vilus fixates on his chosen target for a 20 second period, so you healers need to cover approximately a quarter million in damage in 20 seconds. As my co-healer and I said to each other after clearing the Warlords, "we have nothing to complain about for any other fight in the game after that!"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.