What companions do you guys use.

Ociranno

Hey all i wanted to know what companions you guys use that is most viable. I myself would like to use One of the Tanks guys but i always see myself having Quinn even tho i don't like the guy. I get no Downtime with him what so ever so i see no reason i use anything else. What do you guys use that kill really fast to almost no stop pulls

Level 41, still using Vette. ;)

Imo, Quinn is a crutch that isn't needed, but that's the thing about opinions, right? :p

I'm only 27, but still hanging on to Vette. I enjoy the extra damage, and have been okay on survival so far. I tried out Quinn for awhile and found the healing to be lackluster, and didn't bother to try overhauling his gear to see a difference since I was saving for my speeder skill at the time. I later realized that his healing stance hadn't been active while I was using him, so that was part of the issue, but I haven't gone back to him to try with that active since I've been doing fine with Vette.

She happens to blend really well naturally with my character dialog choices, so that works out even better.

34 still using vette.

Healer is OK, but you kill things so fast with a specced up vette - shes kitted out all in blues with all the upgrades kept level appropriate- that you really dont need heals at all, even for golds that are plus 2 levels (thats what a medpack is for).

I'm playing a Marauder, and in the beginning stages of the game I liked using Vette and geared her out a bit.

I have used Pierce when soloing gold elites at times because it's a longer fight. But I'm in Hoth now at level 38 and when you're trying to get those 4man heroics done with you and one other friend, you have to use the healers.

He's a Level 42 Assassin and he would stun one of the gold elites, tank the other gold elite, then I would burn down the regular mob and the two white elites, then jump on his gold elite and then get the last gold elite. IMO the only way you can do this is to pull out both of your healers.

With the two healer companion we can beat Champions as well. They are long fights so you have to have healers. We just put them on med watch and let them do their thing. After this experience in Hoth I am now looking to gear out Quinn.

I'm finding myself switching between Quinn and Broonmark.

Quinn is a tedious and utterly annoying companion, tho at times, i find his heals invaluable, as they decrease my downtime to zero.

I try to use Broonmark as much as i can, as i definately think he's one cool companion, and his way in thinking (Rip out some blood n guts, rather than talk and finding sollutions) Fits my Marauder much better. Tho i need much more downtime to heal up from most fights.

#1 wish) I wish i could buy/change around and/or swap out skills with various of my companions, or from a vendor somewhere, so i wouldent be stuck with the "best" companion, but rather the one i wished to play with more ;)