Feedback Shield

As for the Shield ability that doesn't shield: The Best Defense is a Good Offense is a a saying that comes to mind.

Or you could equate Gunship defenses to football defenses. i.e., It is the Defense' job to attack.

Whenever I'm forced defensive on a gunship, I'm gonna die without help, therefore...I attack.

Edited by NotThatOne

Kinda like the repair drone "engines"?

Do you mean repair drone systems on the Clarion and Imperium?

As for the Shield ability that doesn't shield: The Best Defense is a Good Offense is a a saying that comes to mind.

Right, that's why I fly a glass cannon scout build. But feedback shield's offense is so piddly, and dfield's lockbreak alone is so good.

Do you mean repair drone systems on the Clarion and Imperium?

Right, that's why I fly a glass cannon scout build. But feedback shield's offense is so piddly, and dfield's lockbreak alone is so good.

the damage *IS* piddly, the engine and weapon power drain... is not.

the damage *IS* piddly, the engine and weapon power drain... is not.

No, 10 points of drain is piddly. Even if it weren't (opinions etc), aside from that one time you got me, it's never stopped me from getting a kill... and if I'm out chasing gunships, odds are I have some flying to do to get back into the action, which is time to regen. Also, booster recharge for the win.

Edited by Armonddd

No, 10 points of drain is piddly. Even if it weren't (opinions etc), aside from that one time you got me, it's never stopped me from getting a kill... and if I'm out chasing gunships, odds are I have some flying to do to get back into the action, which is time to regen. Also, booster recharge for the win.

Well, I've been called the type of guy that will take a black eye, to knock the other guy's teeth out. Hence, Feedback Shield, hurt them in ways unexpected.

Now, Maethon, I've flown with you and against you, I will say this, you are uncommonly aware as a GSF pilot, that is what makes you dangerous. 99% of your scout pilot brethren are like a hungry dog. Dangerous...but in a controllable way, and you sir are not the norm, to the point where I'd rather have you on my wing than on my six.

Why do I remember killing you with my feedback shield, because you are extremely difficult to kill. I'd rank you with Scrab and Trith is hardest Scout pilots to shoot out.

You are intelligent, know the game, know your craft, and you think in a very fluid manner. However, the BLC/Accuracy build scout will wind up being nerfed, because everyone that flies it puts up hellified numbers, if a modicum of talent is a given.

When is comes down to it, winning is a game of risk. I don't care about my K/D, I don't care about my damage taken, I don't care about my hit percentage, and I will use terrain in place of a lock breaker, and I will do what I need to in order for my team to win, and I've been known to close to gun range on those that use evasion builds and simply use my light lasers to overwhelm the RNG.

For my style, Feedback simply works better. Also, 10 points of drain isn't piddly when they only have 30 left from boosting through effective gunship range to fire with BLC :cool:

Speaking of Risk, if you and I ever get the chance to play a game, I'd jump at it.

Now, Maethon, I've flown with you and against you, I will say this, you are uncommonly aware as a GSF pilot, that is what makes you dangerous.

idk man, certain people this forum seem to think that I have zero situational awareness because I can't predict a railgun shot while dogfighting on the other side of the map

(I should make my way over to my pot5 mains after the double exp weekend)

idk man, certain people this forum seem to think that I have zero situational awareness because I can't predict a railgun shot while dogfighting on the other side of the map

(I should make my way over to my pot5 mains after the double exp weekend)

You're the reason I can hit mofos at full boost in a turn fight at max range... squirelly ****er....

I say all gunships should be using fortress shield

I definitely disagree with you - distortion field with the missile break is a lifesaver, plus having a 23% evasion means you're around a lot more. Not having an ability to escape (since you have to stay in one place) is maddening, plus all the shield piercing tiers mean that you're powering up a shield that will fall quickly against a geared ship... unless you're trying to convince novices to use it in which case, they rulez!! lol

Edited by SammyGStatus

I definitely disagree with you - distortion field with the missile break is a lifesaver, plus having a 23% evasion means you're around a lot more. Not having an ability to escape (since you have to stay in one place) is maddening, plus all the shield piercing tiers mean that you're powering up a shield that will fall quickly against a geared ship... unless you're trying to convince novices to use it in which case, they rulez!! lol

omg read the rest of my posts in the thread plz.

And stop using Tsuk's broken analogue sarcasm detector.

Edited by Zoom_VI

omg read the rest of my posts in the thread plz.

And stop using Tsuk's broken analogue sarcasm detector.

What is up with all these guys that can't understand sarcasm? There were a whole bunch of them in the PvP section...