The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bind On Legacy Implants, Ear Pieces and Relics

Starglitter

Hi:

So far through the legacy system you can transfer about anyhting form one alt to another in your account, with the exception of off-hands, implants, ear pieces and relics which were acquired thorugh a reputation vendor.

I really can't think of any intelligent reason why these items can't be transferred between alts, Iunderstand that the off-hand issue is being resolved by making legacy off-hands available in the coming major patch, so that is movement in the right directoin. But what for relics, implants and ear pieces? They can't be installed in a legacy item like armor/mods/enhancements for instance, and I can agree that we don't want folks going ot vendors and then flooding the market with them being sold at GTN; yet there needsa to be a way to move them across alts.

I thought of two ways to accomplish this such as:

1) Legacy Jewel Case, you can place one relic or implant or ear piece in it, and then mail as the other legendary items are done. Now the item could be acquired at any rep vendor for 250K credits, or 250 Basic Commendations , or 500 CCs.

2) Just make the items Bind On Legacy instead of Bind On Pick-Up, would seem an easier fix than the previous one, but the previous has the allure of sales for Bioware or a means to syphon currency out of the game.

Any other ideas on how to accomplish this?

Sue

Let me provide a scenario...

You do a DP OPS and get an Underworld Relic, the character you did with, already has both, but your other alts does not. If you could use the legacy system to transfer it to your other level 55 alt would be handy.

There are other reasons why such a feature may make sense too.

Sue

Let me provide a scenario...

You do a DP OPS and get an Underworld Relic, the character you did with, already has both, but your other alts does not. If you could use the legacy system to transfer it to your other level 55 alt would be handy.

There are other reasons why such a feature may make sense too.

Sue

If you're running an Operation in my guild, you are only rolling on loot that you can use on your current character, unless everyone in the group has that level gear and then it becomes open for roll for alts' needs. That would take 16 runs to gear up an entire 8man group. (for your scenario of relics, and also implants, only 8 runs for ear pieces) If your entire group has the relics, you're probably running content that is below your group's gear level anyway, and it's probably just for fun. The option at that point on the relics is to let those with artifice roll for RE chance. (same with implants for biochems, ears for cybertechs)

Also, if they were legacy bound, it would lessen the chance I would want to run an Operation on an alt. Everyone would just run on their mains to gear up their alts. Obviously, this can be done now, to a certain extent, with the legacy gear already in game. However, it's only 5 item slots out of 14 that you have to do this with, I just don't think it's asking too much to have to actually run content on an alt to finish gearing up.

* On a side note, it looks like maybe you're running more group content with a group now, rather than hoping to run it solo with companions. :D

Edited by GatorAndy

It can be done with weapons as well, The Bounty Contract event reputation vendor sells legacy weapons so an alts weapons can be done to a certain extent, This depends if both the MH/OH are modable items and the situation is a Merc/Gunslinger for example as they both have their MH/OF as blaster pistols.

There have really been only two places where this has been an issue:

1. Lack of legacy offhands (which is being rectified with 2.7)

2. Lack of legacy relics for sub-level cap. Sub-level cap relics ALL had a LS II+/DS II+ alignment requirement until alignment-neutral relics were finally released for the second incarnation of the Rakghoul Event. This penalized players who wanted to play neutral characters as they could not equip a full slate of relics until obtaining neutral relics at level cap. A matrix cube could only be used for one of the two relic slots, forcing neutral lowbies to run with an empty relic slot no matter what they did. Again, this has been addressed as they can obtain bind-on-legacy lowbie alignment neutral-relics by running the Rakghoul Event when it comes back (assuming they don't already have the rep from last time).

Implants and ear are readily obtainable. Since the purpose of legacy gear is to transfer mods to put into customizable shells on a new/different toon, I fail to see the relevance of legacy implants/ear. The neutral lowbie relics issue was something of an oddity that has since been addressed.

Implants and ear are readily obtainable. ... I fail to see the relevance of legacy implants/ear.

Between Microfilament (craftable), Oriconian (78 comms gear) and Obroan (PvP) pieces, many people pass on Underworld and Arkanian token drops if they don't have a companion to give it to. Unless somebody has the appropriate crewskill to RE the piece it tends to become vendor trash which just seems like a waste.

It would be nice to pass some of that stuff to alts instead.

or imagine this. you do a sm dp and you get an underworld relic on a toon you don't actually play a lot, cause not too comfortable with the class or whatever. and then you have that token a toon you don't use while another alt desperately needs it. it would be way better to be able to place it into a legacy wide vault page or something like that.

or imagine this. you do a sm dp and you get an underworld relic on a toon you don't actually play a lot, cause not too comfortable with the class or whatever. and then you have that token a toon you don't use while another alt desperately needs it. it would be way better to be able to place it into a legacy wide vault page or something like that.

This argument loses its validity with 2.7 as Obroan Relics will be obtainable through Warzone comms (and those are better than Underworld relics :p)