Bomber mine activation delay?

MystbladeWA

Basic question: Is there a delay from when I lay the mine to when it can activate depending on proximity to the enemy?

Scenario to elaborate: I like to play offensively in all my classes. In a situation where I manage to boost within 1000m of a moving target with my Minelayer and pop an Interdiction mine and Seeker Mine, could I count on (primarily) the Interdiction mine to detonate and slow the target so I can shred it with my Light Laser Cannons?

I am just starting to build this ship and if this is a possibility, then I will select Interdiction over Concussion mines.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by MystbladeWA

It needs to deploy, the timing is about a three to five seconds.
From my point of view, it looks more like 3s.

OP : also remember that mines and drones you'll launch will fly a short time (the deploy time) in the opposing direction you're facing.

Edited by Altheran

Mines have a time delay on detonation because yaknow it would be stupidly overpowered if you could run at someone press one button and deal 535 unevadeable hull damage instantly and then immediately press another button for another couple hundred unevadeable hull damage and quarter of a second after the first......

Mines have a time delay on detonation because yaknow it would be stupidly overpowered if you could run at someone press one button and deal 535 unevadeable hull damage instantly and then immediately press another button for another couple hundred unevadeable hull damage and quarter of a second after the first......

For some reason this made me think of how awesome it would to have a decoy launcher as a bomber...