My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just extremely cheesy.... not that I'd quit with it in but it really is catering to the worst of MMO "must have everything or I'll cry" attitude.

I never played an MMO before(last game I played on a computer was Diablo 2), and yeah I agree. People whine like little high school girls like they know what they are talking about. "NERF THIS! ADD THIS! *** BW, WHY DONT YOU DO WHAT I SAY? I QUIT, i was bad this game anyways" That is all I hear. I just wish the community would go away from the *****y attitude because it is getting them no where.

When people say that they are leaving this unpolished game I just say OK, good bye baddie we wont miss you.

Doesn't respec cost reset after some time?

No!

I played the same spec for more then 9 days. The total respec costs were 99800 credits.

After more than a week, of playing the same spec, the respec costs: 99800.

This is just ridiculous, because i respecced with the knowledge it should reset after a week.

So the respec costs don't reduce.

It wont reset.

Respec costs only goes up up UP

Yes. this is a serious issue and it needs to be addressed.

So what says the swtor manual? Absolutely nothing. See here:

"This fee increases the more frequently you use this option. However, the fee reduces to a standard fee with time. "

source:

http://www.swtor.com/gamemanual/how-to-play/skill-tree-panel

And if im not mistaken, the 7 days where mentioned there before, but its changed i guess.

:mad:

it resets. it will tell you that the cost is 100 000 credits but after that there will be a window annoncing you that since you have that spec for more than a week, the respec will be free and your cost are resetted.

It was like that last week.

Okay. my last respec was sunday 5 February.

If i want to respec now, it says i have to pay 99800 credits. I click ok (i have 92k credits).

Not resetted any skillpoints whatsoever. No message that i lack credit, nothing.

I will try it again when i have 100k credits

While they announced that dual spec is definitely something they want to introduce, I think they should look at setting an affordable cap on respec fees in the meantime.

Look, if you don't want to play another spec, don't play another spec. However, don't expect others to share your views and don't expect them to enjoy rules which were seemingly made "just because."

You don't derive any direct benefits from other people's giant respec fees. If anything, you have a harder time finding someone to fulfill the exact role your group needs, or selling your junk on the GTN. It also means that there are fewer people who have performed multiple roles and understand how to work with other specs' limitations.

While they announced that dual spec is definitely something they want to introduce, I think they should look at setting an affordable cap on respec fees in the meantime.

Look, if you don't want to play another spec, don't play another spec. However, don't expect others to share your views and don't expect them to enjoy rules which were seemingly made "just because."

You don't derive any direct benefits from other people's giant respec fees. If anything, you have a harder time finding someone to fulfill the exact role your group needs, or selling your junk on the GTN. It also means that there are fewer people who have performed multiple roles and understand how to work with other specs' limitations.

Cool, and I can refer guildies to you that want me to switch spec "because its easy" to heal or what not? You seem to have considered all the repercussions of this. :rolleyes: Thats great, thanks.

Level 50's in the game doing just fine, doing all content, there's no need for this. Dual-spec is another "crying baby wants the rattle" issue. The adults dont like the rattle, because it annoys us. Sorry if that makes us seem mean and self centered. Who wins? Crybabys usually, typical MMO. I'm pretty sure this started with WoW.

If its the reset you're concerned about, that seems like it might be broken and needs fixing.

Edited by salamanderx

• 3 weeks later...

I think there should be a cap on the respec costs, until they introduce dual spec.

I come from FFXI, where I could play my same character, and friends didn't have to ask who's behind the keyboard. I could go into my house, and swap over to a healer, a buffer, a DD, a tank, or a solo class, just by choosing Job Change.

Of course, in XI, you had to level each job seperately. But I loved the fact that if I was happy with my character, I didn't have to add a few letters to his name and replay the same storylines over again, just to see how it felt to play a buff job or a tank.

Working as intended! The cost to respec is suppose to keep you from willy nilly changing your specs.

Why would changing specs be a problem to anyone for any reason?

Not having a moderate cap for respec cost is asinine. What purpose does it serve? It is a credit sink and that is it. It restricts gameplay options. How is that a good thing? Each AC has three specs and being able to easily switch allows players a way to keep things interesting. Handicapping this variety only serves to frustrate players.

The combat aspect of leveling can get very boring, but by switching specs one can relieve some of that monotonousness by experiencing a different gameplay style. Again, why is that being actively sabotaged through massive cost?

As for groups, it becomes even worse. You want a tank? Sorry, they are all dps for leveling/ PvP/farming/etc. You want a healer? Sorry, they are all dps for leveling/PvP/farming/etc. Giving players variety and choice is a good thing. Artificially, reducing this is a bad thing on all fronts.

Why are ppl arguing for this? Does it effect your gameplay? The simple answer is no. These are the kind of design decision that frustrate players of all calibers into not playing. Why waste my time if I can't play the way I enjoy?

I want dual spec because atm its ridiculously costly to respec back and forth from a pve to a pvp spec before and after every op I do with my guild. I shouldnt have to do dailies that dont benefit me just for the money to respec. Thats utterly crazy.

I've played wow, and its dual spec did nothing negative to the game at all. If anything it benefited the game, as there were more tanks and healers, because they could keep their dps spec for soloing without having to farm money just to respec.

All you trolls bemoaning the addition of this feature need to get your priorities right. We arent crying for this addition, its being added. Tough luck on you if you dont like it. The majority of players wanted it and are getting it. The end.

I never realized so many people would be against dual spec. I can't wait for it, to be honest. I stopped tanking on my Jugg because respecing was tedious. I found Rage spec faster for question and better for my PvP needs, but I do enjoying tanking FPs for people. But when I hit 99k one week I just went 'screw it' and haven't gone Immortal since.

I'm not some person who thinks they can tank just because they have a tank spec, I'm a person who knows all 3 specs of her class well and could fulfill any role when called upon. I'm sorry in the notion of me being able to step in if a group needs a tank OR a dps is so offensive or reminds you of a baby seeking a rattle. I consider it being able and willing to do everyone my class is able to do.

I never realized so many people would be against dual spec. I can't wait for it, to be honest. I stopped tanking on my Jugg because respecing was tedious. I found Rage spec faster for question and better for my PvP needs, but I do enjoying tanking FPs for people. But when I hit 99k one week I just went 'screw it' and haven't gone Immortal since.

I'm not some person who thinks they can tank just because they have a tank spec, I'm a person who knows all 3 specs of her class well and could fulfill any role when called upon. I'm sorry in the notion of me being able to step in if a group needs a tank OR a dps is so offensive or reminds you of a baby seeking a rattle. I consider it being able and willing to do everyone my class is able to do.

I completely agree with you. Why must those of us who are willing to be versatile be punished for offering our guilds or our server communities, a tank or healer on demand?

I currently have a pvp spec on my sage. Hybrid dps 0/18/23. It works well enough for pve and flashpoints. It is not optimal dps, but then for HM flashpoints pugs you hardly need it to be optimal. I would love to be a healer, but I still pvp so much and with the WZ booting bug for Sage healers, I cannot justify healing in a WZ. With respec costs as they are, I also cannot justify switching back and forth as I tend to do 1 HM then 3 or 4 WZ's while searching for the next group for HM's.

So often I sit in a group with 2 dps and a tank and we are looking for a healer. I know that I could respec, but with the costs as they are, and pugs being unreliable, it could simply end up being a waste of 100k.

Footnotes.

*1 Having lived through the dual spec discussions on a previous MMO's forums, I know the 'types' that are fighting against this.

Type 1: Pure pvper's that dont ever PVE and so have no need for it. or visa versa.

Type 2: PVE players that play a more pure dps class, with no tank or healer option. They fear that the lack of versatility in their class will make them a lower priority selection for OPS runs that will require different numbers of tanks and healers per each encounter.

Type 1 needs to open their eyes and realise that there is more to the game than their little corner.

Type 2 I have some sympathy for, but then they need to learn to make their spot a concrete selection by being amazing at the single role that they choose. Because honestly, if I am able to respec between healer and dps, as and when the guild needs it and I can still out dps you consistently, with your dps focus build (never needing to split your practice time and experience across multiple playstyles) then you dont deserve the damn spot anyway.

There is a type 3. They are potentially people that still hold a grudge from falling into the type 2 category of another MMO's dual spec saga.

To BW:

Whether you are currently developing a dual spec type system or not, the cost for dual specs needs to be capped at a lower figure like yesterday. You are losing many people to the lack of endgame fluidity because too many people cannot respec and explore these new classes and roles in the MMO world. A cost cap is very easy to implement, minimal testing and development required, so it begs the question. Why have you not done it already?

I think there should be a cap on the respec costs, until they introduce dual spec.

I come from FFXI, where I could play my same character, and friends didn't have to ask who's behind the keyboard. I could go into my house, and swap over to a healer, a buffer, a DD, a tank, or a solo class, just by choosing Job Change.

Of course, in XI, you had to level each job seperately. But I loved the fact that if I was happy with my character, I didn't have to add a few letters to his name and replay the same storylines over again, just to see how it felt to play a buff job or a tank.

Actually, you did have to play the "same storylines" over again, it just worked differently in FFXI. You just didn't have to use a separate character with a separate name to do it. Here I highlighted the important part for you.

You still had to level up to 10ish, then go to Valkurm Dunes, then to Qufim Island, then to Kazham (I think... can't remember the next zone to go to). Anyway, you still had to level up through the same areas for each different job that you wanted to play.

Edited by Tewnam

Some of us enjoy different parts of the game on our alts. My main is a Bounty Hunter. I enjoy DPSing and tanking in PvE both PvP and PvE. I don't want four specs. I *would* like two specs so I don't have to spend 100K when my friends and I are done running Flashpoints for the night and would like to do Warzones, or vice versa.

This not only would save me money, it saves the group of us time because they don't have to wait for me to respec and adjust my toolbars accordingly.

In addition, I haven't seen any of the naysayers acknowledge the other penalty players in my boat are in: the cost of building and maintaining multiple gear sets. This also comes with ancillary expenses such as acquiring enough bank space to store three sets of gear.

Essentially, those of us who enjoy multiple play styles and roles are being triple charged for the privilege: Respec costs, time, and gear/set expenses. The rest of you benefit when we are able to change roles. This past week alone I've had to turn down three requests to tank hardmodes because my play time has been limited and my options have been to actually try to enjoy the game myself or farm credits for respecs.

I'm not a carebear. I don't want everything handed to me on a platter. I'd just like an easing of the costs already incurred in playing my character to his fullest.

just lol...

credits are so easy to get in this game i can hardly believe anyone can complain about respec costs. the only other real credit sink are repair costs and maybe stims atm and it's very easy for anyone who has a bit of a clue to make several 100k credits a week without little to no work at all.

economy is already a big joke as it is with many people sitting on millions of credits they have no use for as there is nothing to spend it on. we need more credit sinks not less.

and if you fail too much to make money and are too cheap to pay respec costs 1-2x a day go and make an alt. cause if you can't afford it it's not bioware's fault, it's not our fault - it's just yours.

i don't care about dual specs though as long as it still costs credits to switch.

just lol...

credits are so easy to get in this game i can hardly believe anyone can complain about respec costs. the only other real credit sink are repair costs and maybe stims atm and it's very easy for anyone who has a bit of a clue to make several 100k credits a week without little to no work at all.

economy is already a big joke as it is with many people sitting on millions of credits they have no use for as there is nothing to spend it on. we need more credit sinks not less.

and if you fail too much to make money and are too cheap to pay respec costs 1-2x a day go and make an alt. cause if you can't afford it it's not bioware's fault, it's not our fault - it's just yours.

i don't care about dual specs though as long as it still costs credits to switch.

Not everyone has the time to go farm money just for a respec. Take that into consideration before spouting this kind of rubbish.

Not everyone has the time to go farm money just for a respec. Take that into consideration before spouting this kind of rubbish.

yeah cause it costs so much time to send out your companions while you do pvp/ops & fp's and do longer missions/crafting over night. if someone like me, who doesn't log in every day and hardly ever plays more then 4-5 hrs a day (and that mostly only on raid days) can do it, everyone can.

just as you don't know how to make decent amounts of credits with minimal afford and time, it doesn't mean no one does.

Edited by LordAbbath

just lol...

According to the summit 83% of level 50's have less than 200k credits. So...I don't know about these many people (since that leaves 17% of the population at 200k and not necessarily in the 'millions of credits' area), but BW would probably love for you to point them out.

Having said that, I do my dailies once or twice a week, to make enough money to cover my repairs, and that's all the grinding I'll be doing, thanks. I don't care about fake money (I don't use the AH, since I make my own stims) and less than zero desire to have a lot of it. I'm not going to dedicate an hour a day in a video game to making it so that I can sometimes tank for my guild, I'd rather just not tank and sit on fleet and watch 5 different groups spamming for a tank.

And it is BW's fault and they've already acknowledge that (which is why they are adding multi-specs. It's a done deal, it's happening, they're doing it, sorry for your loss.) so that would make you....wrong. :D

According to the summit 83% of level 50's have less than 200k credits. So...I don't know about these many people (since that leaves 17% of the population at 200k and not necessarily in the 'millions of credits' area), but BW would probably love for you to point them out.

Having said that, I do my dailies once or twice a week, to make enough money to cover my repairs, and that's all the grinding I'll be doing, thanks. I don't care about fake money (I don't use the AH, since I make my own stims) and less than zero desire to have a lot of it. I'm not going to dedicate an hour a day in a video game to making it so that I can sometimes tank for my guild, I'd rather just not tank and sit on fleet and watch 5 different groups spamming for a tank.

And it is BW's fault and they've already acknowledge that (which is why they are adding multi-specs. It's a done deal, it's happening, they're doing it, sorry for your loss.) so that would make you....wrong. :D

+1 that doesn't get that making credits =//= grinding. if you have to grind for it you do it wrong - it's that simple. i don't care about dual specs i just don't think they are necessary at all. but if it makes all the carebears and so called "casuals" stop crying nonstop here as they are too lazy to figure out how to make money, it's fine for me. i'm not wrong at all, i don't grind, i don't do dailies and i don't play 10-16 hrs a day. i'm just tired of bad and lazy players crying who don't want to put a minimum of effort in this game till they get everything handed to their a..

I like how all the opponents of dual spec/cheap respeccing and cross-server LFG tools by extension are in favor of not 'dumbing' the game down, but raids are already really easy anyways. Face it, guys, the game's not hard core to begin with.

Stop resisting changes that will bring people back to the game. You wanna have a game to play for a long time, don't you? You like how few people you run into on your server now? You think that's good for the game? Suck it up. It's to BioWare's and everyone else's benefit to have the game with broad appeal and simple quality of life stuff like XSLFD and dual spec are a part of the overall whole of what it'll take.

I like how all the opponents of dual spec/cheap respeccing and cross-server LFG tools by extension are in favor of not 'dumbing' the game down, but raids are already really easy anyways. Face it, guys, the game's not hard core to begin with.

Stop resisting changes that will bring people back to the game. You wanna have a game to play for a long time, don't you? You like how few people you run into on your server now? You think that's good for the game? Suck it up. It's to BioWare's and everyone else's benefit to have the game with broad appeal and simple quality of life stuff like XSLFD and dual spec are a part of the overall whole of what it'll take.

Broad appeal? No thank you. I don't want to play WoW2. WoW post BC was a steaming pile and yet everyone keeps talking about it like it was the golden days of yore. Cross server automatic get me a group cause I am too lazy to get my own causes the douche factor to rise a thousand fold...but who cares as long as you don't have to actually try to get a grp, one is just auto made for you.

Say they don't make switching specs free and easy, and they don't make it so you don't have to give a crap if you bail in a grp halfway thru a dungeon cause you missed the roll on your loot and can bail with nobody ever seeing your face again. So what, what does the community lose? Bad I don't have time to actually try players leave? Good riddance. I would rather see this game sit on 500k-1mil players who actually give a **** than pander to the console gamers who are gonna bail in 3 months anyway.

People keep talking about getting the players who left back...why? Why fight and change to get back people who just want to zerg the easy mode content and then leave for 3-4 months till the next easy mode is released. I say good riddance.

Its like wow all over again paying for respec for talent points you earned while playing a game you pay for. Posted many times for free respec on wow forums finnaly i gave up after a few years they came up with dual spec wich is great but it isnt still free to respec.

ofc i dont want this be an other wow

i miss the old games where you just had to push a button to reset talents

and guys dont forget NPC arent real ppl they arent alive dont think they need that much credits

Edited by killeasykill

On the matter of respec, the system I tend to think as more useful is the likes of Lord of the Rings On-line. There you have skill slots, you can unlock them or you can buy them if you don't want to wait for the level you have access to unlock it for free (there is a minimum levels to buy a slot).

After that you can basically get all skills available to your class/species/faction at that level (provided you got them as rewards for deeds and quests), but since you have a limited number of slots, you'll have to choose which ones you'll use at a given time, to respec you'll spend a reasonable quantity of money based on the number of skills you are changing and their levels.

If you change a couple skills or low level skills you'll pay very little, to upper level players, almost nothing. But if you change a all your skills and/or change very high level skills, you'll pay more. Even so, it wont make you run out of money because of respec, unless you start doing it all the time.

Edited by isahendrix