Bioware forgot to include the first M in MMO...Massive

admriker

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fairly certain no-one has called you stupid, or resorted to name calling.

I frustrated you simply by asking you simple questions that contradict your efforts.

If that is to much stress, perhaps these forums aren't for you.

TOR Forums aren't for the feint of heart.

the game DOES have hundreds of people playing at one time. Servers have a rough cap of about 5000 right now.

I say you are the minority, because if you READ all those complaint threads it's the same thing every time:

Original Post: Complaint complaint complaint:

2 -- 500 pages of responses:

about 6 out of every 10 posts per page is usually AGAINST the OP.

With 3-4 posts per page also complaining.

so that would make you the ESTIMATED minority.

That and POLLS that were taken show heavy favor for the game.

My "stupid" phrase was not to be taken literally. However, this is coming from someone who just writes, "what a drama queen." as a respond. You can see where I'm coming from. Since the SAME people keep posting about how they just LOVE this concept, I'll drop this thread and move on. I'll be back in 30-days to see if all those "cannot wait until these 30-day kiddies leave" are right, or if these complaints are still around.

Edited by McAvinue

DONT you understand what instanced MEANS@? I was on swiftsure during early access, talked with my guildies there was at least 4 instances with at least 150 in each. If you love wow so much go back.

What you and alot of other fanboys dont understand is that we don't want to get back to WoW. Atleast I don't. I want this game to be great, but as from my perspective it can't be that with sharding. What is the purpose of having pvp servers when you lock people from interacting with eachother? Interaction, the soul element of an mmo. Both with your allies and enemies.

Been saying this for over 2 years. Bioware has pretty much sealed the fate of anymore mmo's with the sw name on it. When they made the statement that this is kotor 3, 4, 5, and 6 they were exactly right. A game where you might come across someone else but its no near a mmo.

I'm flustered by yours and others consistent retorts of idiocy that bring me that that point. Several of my post asked a basic point, and all i got in responds was "LOLZ your stupid." No I don't run the game, but I can ask the question, and I don't need you to sound like a fanboy shutting me up because you think my opinion is dumb. Shards and instances are MMO killers. If you're fine paying $60 plus $15 a month to play a single player experience with attached co-op then go ahead. But that is not what I, nor people who make these threads want. Speaking of which how do you know WE are the minority? I surely don't know that, so you cannot either. Stop being an elitist ***. MMO's should have hundreds of people playing them at one time.

You should preface this with "In my opinion". Your opinion is not fact it is just how you see things. You saying MMOs should have 100s of people playing at once is simply your opinion on how things could be. I have seen very few people even in this thread supporting your position. Your frustration is we think things can be done differently here where you think it should be the same as all other MMOs. I am not being elitest I am just saying I signed on for this game I knew how it was. I am not going to rage quit because it isnt all fixed within 3 days of release.

You should preface this with "In my opinion". Your opinion is not fact it is just how you see things. You saying MMOs should have 100s of people playing at once is simply your opinion on how things could be. I have seen very few people even in this thread supporting your position. Your frustration is we think things can be done differently here where you think it should be the same as all other MMOs. I am not being elitest I am just saying I signed on for this game I knew how it was. I am not going to rage quit because it isnt all fixed within 3 days of release.

I'm not ragequiting either, as a matter of fact I never once stated I was going to quit. Please tell me what your opinion is of an MMO. Here is what wiki has to say about it:

A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet, and usually feature at least one persistent world.

Bioware announced this game as an MMO, and so far it does not play like one. They should consider re-marketing

I'm flustered by yours and others consistent retorts of idiocy that bring me that that point. Several of my post asked a basic point, and all i got in responds was "LOLZ your stupid." No I don't run the game, but I can ask the question, and I don't need you to sound like a fanboy shutting me up because you think my opinion is dumb. Shards and instances are MMO killers. If you're fine paying $60 plus $15 a month to play a single player experience with attached co-op then go ahead. But that is not what I, nor people who make these threads want. Speaking of which how do you know WE are the minority? I surely don't know that, so you cannot either. Stop being an elitist ***. MMO's should have hundreds of people playing them at one time.

I have only been here for a short while, but have to say that this is one of the most unfriendly forums I have been to in a while. Things described above seems to happen all the time; overly aggressive posters stop any possibilities to discussion, scaring newcomers away, or people who have opinions or issues with the game. Seeing how the so called community for this game seems to be, I´m glad that I have quit playing already.

I'm not ragequiting either, as a matter of fact I never once stated I was going to quit. Please tell me what your opinion is of an MMO. Here is what wiki has to say about it: 1

Bioware announced this game as an MMO, and so far it does not play like one. They should consider re-marketing

You cant pigeon hole every MMO into this narrow view. The game is different than WoW and they arent going to redo the whole thing. So you have two choices you can get used to it or you can go back to the MMO you like. This game may not be for all people nothing wrong with that.

You cant pigeon hole every MMO into this narrow view. The game is different than WoW and they arent going to redo the whole thing. So you have two choices you can get used to it or you can go back to the MMO you like. This game may not be for all people nothing wrong with that.

Bioware pigeonholed themselves into this hole by calling the game a MMORGP. By that definition is should play like the aforementioned link. You pretending this is not the case does not change is to be so. They should have been clear, "This is an Online Co-Op RPG". Maybe one day they will get rid of the Shards/phasing, but until then PvP is non-existent.

Bioware pigeonholed themselves into this hole by calling the game a MMORGP. By that definition is should play like the aforementioned link. You pretending this is not the case does not change is to be so. They should have been clear, "This is an Online Co-Op RPG". Maybe one day they will get rid of the Shards/phasing, but until then PvP is non-existent.

So Bioware has to accept your narrow view of what a MMO is or they are false advertising? You really need to get over yourself. You are but one of about 1 million people playing this game.

If they did this then you wouldn't have the sales figures they are having now. People don't want to buy a "Online Co-Op RPG" as much as they do an MMORPG. What people will never understand is that BW is a business first, and because of this, are going to do what it takes to bring in the highest dollar amount. Even if it means bending the reality of it's product a little bit...

To be honest, with over 750 republic players on and over 1000 empire on the server at prime time, i feel that once many 50s start to appear [we have only 1 as far as I know, and no 50s on Republic side yet] then servers will feel more full.

I did a /who of Tython yesterday and it had over 150 people, with 70 or so on Ord Mantell [as such, 200+ levels 1-10]. I logged on to my Consular and struggled to complete a quest because everyone kept stealing the objectives. :(

Edited by Gilthoras

So Bioware has to accept your narrow view of what a MMO is or they are false advertising? You really need to get over yourself. You are but one of about 1 million people playing this game.

Yes it was false advertising. I will not change my opinion, just as you will not change yours. That million subscriber unit means nothing to me. Bioware just forced everyone to subscribe to continue playing the game, so that number comes from per-purchased games, and that is beside the point. You still are defending the indefensible. Your like Clinton saying "That depends on what the meaning of IS is."

Edited by McAvinue

Yes it was false advertising. I will not change my opinion, just as you will not change yours. That million subscriber unit means nothing to me. Bioware just forced everyone to subscribe to continue playing the game, so that number comes from per-purchased games, and that is beside the point. You still are defending the indefensible. Your like Clinton saying "That depends on what the meaning of IS is."

How is saying "I prefer something different than the same old same old MMO" defending the indefensible? Fact is I like the game how it is. I dont mind the sharding in fact I prefer it. I am not mincing words or comparing mmos to windshield wipers like some people. I am staying in the realm of fact. I am pleased with how bioware is handling this launch. If you dont then thats fine thats your opinion. Please do not toss around words like false advertising or claims of fraud because wiki says the definition is this or that.

you are so dumb. ITS SHARDED! THEY HAVE MULTIPLE COPIES OF EACH ZONE. SO ITS NOT OVER POPULATED. wow players.

Before I left on my vacation I was on Taris for a class quest. There were 3 instances of the planet, one had 25 or so, another around 90, and another at 70. If you put all of these on one instance, how in gods name is this over populated?

How is saying "I prefer something different than the same old same old MMO" defending the indefensible? Fact is I like the game how it is. I dont mind the sharding in fact I prefer it. I am not mincing words or comparing mmos to windshield wipers like some people. I am staying in the realm of fact. I am pleased with how bioware is handling this launch. If you dont then thats fine thats your opinion. Please do not toss around words like false advertising or claims of fraud because wiki says the definition is this or that.

Because its not an MMO? Seriously, I've posted a link explaining to you what MMO means. Then you said that definition pigeonholes them. Yes it does, because that is what they claim to have made, when in fact it is not. An your an *** for bringing up the comparisons and making them sound ridiculous. They were legitimate comparisons that you chose to ignore.

Because its not an MMO? Seriously, I've posted a link explaining to you what MMO means. Then you said that definition pigeonholes them. Yes it does, because that is what they claim to have made, when in fact it is not. An your an *** for bringing up the comparisons and making them sound ridiculous. They were legitimate comparisons that you chose to ignore.

Good luck in your lawsuit against their million dollar lawyers

The definition doesnt say they are all in the same place at the same time. You really should try and grow up. The only one who sounds ridiculous is you ranting like a 5 year old about semantics. You cannot compare a game to a car they are not even close to the same thing. You have to compare apples to apples not apples to windshield wipers.

The definition doesnt say they are all in the same place at the same time. You really should try and grow up. The only one who sounds ridiculous is you ranting like a 5 year old about semantics. You cannot compare a game to a car they are not even close to the same thing. You have to compare apples to apples not apples to windshield wipers.

I didn't. I compared a new car that lacked features to an old car, but eventually incorporated. Then I said that while Wow came out 7-8 yrs ago and had flaws they worked them out, and the Tor defense team to say that they need time to get the same features is wrong. TOR should have all the features of modern MMO's because they DO NOT have to re-invent the wheel here. See? That's a comparison. That is what I said. Again the point of this post is why does this game have sharding at all? It doesn't need it, and it is a huge hit to PvP players.

I didn't. I compared a new car that lacked features to an old car, but eventually incorporated. Then I said that while Wow came out 7-8 yrs ago and had flaws they worked them out, and the Tor defense team to say that they need time to get the same features is wrong. TOR should have all the features of modern MMO's because they DO NOT have to re-invent the wheel here. See? That's a comparison. That is what I said. Again the point of this post is why does this game have sharding at all? It doesn't need it, and it is a huge hit to PvP players.

Again one is a game and one is a car. They are not the same and comparing them is pointless.

Hey pokemon master, quit worrying about all the people that play this game and trying to spot em all. You're always going to be running into people when you play TOR, haven't you noticed the servers are always full? Besides you have to give it time for the planets to even out since we have a lot of people at the beginning levels right now.