Mass Exodus - This Fall - Dragon Age Inquisition

ninjonxb

DA:O was one of my greatest gaming experiences of all time.

DA:I isn't even on my radar. Zero interest.

The reason is DA2. In a story-based series, I'm not going to skip a game and then try to piece together everything I missed - and I'm not going to play DA2. So that franchise is dead to me. An action-based series can afford to have an abysmally weak entry...but a story-based series, not so much. At least for me.

It doesn't help that the Dragon Age universe really has no appeal to me. It's very well realized, but not my thing. (Which makes it all the more impressive that DA:O captivated me so much, in spite of the IP rather than because of it.)

But, never say never. I'm planning to unsubscribe from this game shortly due to the bugs. I haven't even completed chapter one of any of the stories yet, but...I can't stand continuing to give money to a game with so many bugs that don't get fixed.

So who knows, maybe with nothing else to play I'll resort to DA2 after all.

Have you tried DA2?

Sure, it's not as great as DA:O, but it's still decent enough as far as RPGs go.

And besides; every DA game is a stand-alone story. Sure you may hear something about one of the previous heroes and even run into some companions from DA:O or other NPCs, but the only thing they have in common storywise is that they are set in the same world - and in the same time period (more or less) for all the current games.

If you haven't tried it, don't just take someone's word on it - according to the vast hordes of the internet SWTOR is just about the worst game ever made, and the devs that made it are devilworshippers given how they are working for the Evil EA.

Yet I take it you're enjoying SWTOR since you're posting here. :)

What Callaron said.

Do not take anyone's word for the game, try it yourself. DA2 may have its flaws, but is in some respects better than DAO.

• It does not suffer from the horrendous skill bloating (I never used like 3/4 of my spells in DAO)
  • The flow of the game seems better (while the game is not any shorter) (YMMV)
  • The story was more personal and not the "peasant gets superpowers and saves the kingdom" cliché (YMMV)

Edit: I see you tried it, but it looks like you did not get very far, assuming from the other part where you say you never finished Chapter 1 of any class in SWTOR but left for some unspecified bugs. I hope you did not quit after the over the top prologue with superpowers...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes, we all know that.

I'm just saying that they are claiming that the endings are vastly different from eachother and not just minor details.

Now, if they are lying or not is still to be seen, but that is what they are claiming (in obvious reference to the ME3 endings)

but that's what they claimed with ME3. that endings would be drastically different, more complex with a greater variety.

I don't think they are lying. its quite possible they genuinely believe that. it still makes me doubt.

and yes I'm still pissed off that in my first DA2 playthrough, I sided with the mages and still dealt with the same ******** that happens if you side with templars, because bioware wanted 2 boss fights and by the maker, they will have 2 boss fights >_> and don't even get me started on Anders whom i did NOT help. and yet... there we were.

I know, third games, they seem to have change the direction, etc etc... but before they made that promise as you say in direct reference to ME3? I was actualy starting to get excited for the game, despite trying not to. and now I'm back to weary. I'll still play it. I'm just back to "I don't think I'll be pre ordering it after all" mode

but that's what they claimed with ME3. that endings would be drastically different, more complex with a greater variety.

I don't think they are lying. its quite possible they genuinely believe that. it still makes me doubt.

and yes I'm still pissed off that in my first DA2 playthrough, I sided with the mages and still dealt with the same ******** that happens if you side with templars, because bioware wanted 2 boss fights and by the maker, they will have 2 boss fights >_> and don't even get me started on Anders whom i did NOT help. and yet... there we were.

I know, third games, they seem to have change the direction, etc etc... but before they made that promise as you say in direct reference to ME3? I was actualy starting to get excited for the game, despite trying not to. and now I'm back to weary. I'll still play it. I'm just back to "I don't think I'll be pre ordering it after all" mode

Go ahead and be weary, but from the start it sounded like you were pretty sure they were lying... with that "they're gonna need 40 colours" or whatever comment.

Go ahead and be weary, but from the start it sounded like you were pretty sure they were lying... with that "they're gonna need 40 colours" or whatever comment.

"they are going to need a lot of colors"

that was a joke. and I never said they were lying. again, I don't think ME3 team was lying at the time they were giving interviews either (well... maybe Hudson). more like... speaking from a place of "what we'd like to happen" rather than "what we can actualy manage, given time and resources"

also - distinct differences is apparently relative? I know that for some people the difference between say.. original (emphasis is very important, as EC definitely makes differences more apparent) low EMS destroy vs high EMS destroy is significant enough to make them distinctly different endings. /shrug

honestly, its not even the ending per se. is that this claim in general makes me wonder how many other things they may be seeing as more significant as what I personally would end up experiencing...

we shall see. I mean, characters from their introductions at least are looking interesting. and as far as I know Jennifer Hepler is not writing for DA3, but a formerly Mass Effect writer whose work I personally enjoyed - is. so there's a chance of characters being a bit more fun to drag around, for me at least than DA2 (where I pretty much defaulted to Isabela, Aveline and Merrill to minimize teh drama, while in DAO I played around constantly with party composition from warden to warden)