The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fair pricing to cartel coin Ratio

I personally believe that the current amount of money you spend as to the amount of cartel coins you get is way beyond skewed. The price of most items on the cartel market out weighs the amount of actual money you have to spend in order to purchase them. I think the amount you get when you buy a coin pack needs to be almost doubled. While the prices on the market stay the same or even at the very least get lowered to reasonable prices. Just my opinion but i think its a very good idea.:cool:

I personally believe that the current amount of money you spend as to the amount of cartel coins you get is way beyond skewed. The price of most items on the cartel market out weighs the amount of actual money you have to spend in order to purchase them. I think the amount you get when you buy a coin pack needs to be almost doubled. While the prices on the market stay the same or even at the very least get lowered to reasonable prices. Just my opinion but i think its a very good idea.:cool:

Well looks like the majority of people don't agree with you, EA are doing pretty well at milking the sheep who spend actual money on cartel coins to fund even more cartel pack stuff.

huh?

The cost of an item from CC and real money compared to the cost in only time/effort needs to be modified?

Why?

If you have more money than time buy from the CM. If you have more time than money, run dailies and buy off the GTN. Or do both and have large collection of items AND lots of credits.

One is independent of the other (to a point). Bioware sets the value of the CC and items sold on the CM. Gamers set the value of items on the GTN on average, a relationship between one and the other is about a 1000credits per CC depending on what is purchase/sold.

edit: Nothing more FAIR than being allowed to choose how and where you spend your time/money/effort.

Edited by DOHboy

I think your missing the Point of a Cash shop. I can't think of a single MMO that has "reasonable" pricing. but i also can't think of one that gives you a handful just for being a subscriber.

#Marvel Heroes Online. UGH........:i_mad:

huh?

The cost of an item from CC and real money compared to the cost in only time/effort needs to be modified?

Why?

If you have more money than time buy from the CM. If you have more time than money, run dailies and buy off the GTN. Or do both and have large collection of items AND lots of credits.

One is independent of the other (to a point). Bioware sets the value of the CC and items sold on the CM. Gamers set the value of items on the GTN on average, a relationship between one and the other is about a 1000credits per CC depending on what is purchase/sold.

edit: Nothing more FAIR than being allowed to choose how and where you spend your time/money/effort.

Hit the nail on the head there.