Attn Devs: Please Restore Respecs in Regs!!

VoidBird

It makes complete sense why respec ability was removed for purpose of matchmaking in Ranked matches.. However, it makes no sense whatsoever why it was removed from reg matches.. Some of us, very much enjoy objective gameplay and care more about winning the match, then about getting highest numbers etc in regs..

Myself personally, my main is a vg, and I had a specific spec for huttball. A specific spec for novare and civil war. And another specific spec for voidstar and hypergate. And i also had specific specs memorized for the other classes I play as well.. for huttball i could spec hybrid for guard/dps and use a leap and a pull, perfect combination for utility and usefullness.. For civil war and/or novare, i could spec into increased movement speed. For the rest, I could spec entirely damage points. or whatever.. But with the removal, having no choice but to play the same spec no matter what match the queue puts me in, has taken away much of the fun, swept much of the various utilities under the rug, and took away much of the objective and strategy based play style that many of us love...

It would have kinda made sense to eliminate repsec IF we were allowed to que both regs and rateds at the same time like we also used to, but we can't.. So why oh why was respec removed altogether, if there is no matchmaking system in regular unranked matches... It makes no sense to me...

Please please please. Restore respec ability in regular matches.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would create a huge disparity between F2Pers, who have to pay for every respec, and subscribers who get them for free. The outcome of matches would be decided by which team had more subs that could freely adjust their builds to suit the warzone.

While creating and testing specs for each warzone was a fun pastime, with the current model they are using, it would simply increase the F2P/sub advantage gap even further if they were to re-implement spontaneous respecs.

TLDR; No.

This would create a huge disparity between F2Pers, who have to pay for every respec, and subscribers who get them for free. .

You had me at this. Why should subs have to suffer because f2pers have to pay? Subs also have to pay for gear, wz access, and more. How is this any different?

You had me at this. Why should subs have to suffer because f2pers have to pay? Subs also have to pay for gear, wz access, and more. How is this any different?

I don't consider it to be suffering at all. It's simply keeping the playing field even. Currently the subscriber advantage comes from being able to gear our characters faster due to unlimited access to warzones and cheaper gear prices. A fully geared F2Per is equal to a fully geared subscriber in a warzone. This is the way it should be.

If every subscriber had access to free respecs in warzones, this would give a significant tactical advantage over F2Pers, and games would be won or lost based on which team had more subs. To answer your question: The difference is, the advantages subscribers gain currently do not directly affect the playing field in a warzone. This suggestion most certainly would affect it in a negative way for F2Pers.

It was absolutely broken in both regular and ranked warzones alike. It needs to remain gone for good.

how on earth was it broken? so you don't think its a good idea when the queue pops you into a match with no healers whatsoever, for someone to repsec heals inside the match and help the team? or for those who invested in multiple sets of gear to be able to respec tank when a healer doesn't have a guard? or for someone to have the option to sacrifice dps in exchange for more utility in a particular match?

honestly the only reason to complain about having these liberties is if ya can't play. imo...

but again, for sake of the matchmaking system in ranked, keep it gone.. But i say restore it in regs, and bring the fun back..

Edited by VoidBird

how on earth was it broken? so you don't think its a good idea when the queue pops you into a match with no healers whatsoever, for someone to repsec heals inside the match and help the team? or for those who invested in multiple sets of gear to be able to respec tank when a healer doesn't have a guard? or for someone to have the option to sacrifice dps in exchange for more utility in a particular match?

honestly the only reason to complain about having these liberties is if ya can't play. imo...

but again, for sake of the matchmaking system in ranked, keep it gone.. But i say restore it in regs, and bring the fun back..

Voidstar. Have a team of two PTs and two healers. PTs respec tank, healers respec heals. Then switch for offensive to three/four DPS.

sounds amazing.. lol

Does it? Do you want to be against a premade that respecs each round/warzone to cater to that? I'm fine with respecs, as I play PT, so I can respec Pyro for matches with less AoE (Civil War, Huttball, Arenas), or AP for AoE ****fests (Novare, Voidstar, AHG)

I don't consider it to be suffering at all. It's simply keeping the playing field even. Currently the subscriber advantage comes from being able to gear our characters faster due to unlimited access to warzones and cheaper gear prices. A fully geared F2Per is equal to a fully geared subscriber in a warzone. This is the way it should be.

If every subscriber had access to free respecs in warzones, this would give a significant tactical advantage over F2Pers, and games would be won or lost based on which team had more subs. To answer your question: The difference is, the advantages subscribers gain currently do not directly affect the playing field in a warzone. This suggestion most certainly would affect it in a negative way for F2Pers.

Are you a Communist, because you sound like one. Why don't we just tax the Subs and give the money to the F2Ps?

Does it? Do you want to be against a premade that respecs each round/warzone to cater to that? I'm fine with respecs, as I play PT, so I can respec Pyro for matches with less AoE (Civil War, Huttball, Arenas), or AP for AoE ****fests (Novare, Voidstar, AHG)

I think that above all, we should at least have the option.. why not give it back, when there is no matchmaking system for regs.

granted, as for the disparity between f2p and sub, howabout giving equal privilege to those with the respecialization legacy unlock, meaning that f2p would not have to pay for respec, as long as they purchased the character perk in legacy, albeit at a slightly higher price than subs have to pay for the unlock... just a thought

Edited by VoidBird

It should have just locked as soon as the barrier opened to start the match. Respec may have been abused, but it was also our way to compensate for a lack of a role matchmaking system. The queues in regs just throw you with whatever team comp hit the queue button first. If I'm stuck on a team without a healer for example, being able to respec as a healer salvaged the match.

Of course with cross server queues they could implement the matchmaking system, but we've already got our answer on that one.

I was in favor of keeping it when it was about to be taken away, but honestly we're better off without it. What if you loaded into a reg arena and the other team had:

Focus Guardian, Scrapper Scoundrel, Combat Medic Commando, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

Those are some pretty good DPS specs but not the best make-up (no guard) and yes it's just a reg but still look at what they could all change to:

Defense Guardian, Sawbones Scoundrel, Gunnery Commando, Sharpshooter Gunslinger

^Guard, top HPS healing class, two very bursty DPS specs

or even

Defense Guardian, Sawbones Scoundrel, Combat Medic Commando, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

^Guard, top HPS healing class, more heals, and DoT ranged dps that can wear the other team down while* living forever.

If those people loaded into a reg arena as those specs already then good on them, but they shouldn't be able to do it as they please just to guarantee an annoying win.

Edited by Reginlief

I was in favor of keeping it when it was about to be taken away, but honestly we're better off without it. What if you loaded into a reg arena and the other team had:

Focus Guardian, Scrapper Scoundrel, Combat Medic Commando, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

Those are some pretty good DPS specs but not the best make-up (no guard) and yes it's just a reg but still look at what they could all change to:

Defense Guardian, Sawbones Scoundrel, Gunnery Commando, Sharpshooter Gunslinger

^Guard, top HPS healing class, two very bursty DPS specs

or even

Defense Guardian, Sawbones Scoundrel, Combat Medic Commando, Dirty Fighting Gunslinger

^Guard, top HPS healing class, more heals, and DoT ranged dps that can wear the other team down while* living forever.

If those people loaded into a reg arena as those specs already then good on them, but they shouldn't be able to do it as they please just to guarantee an annoying win.

While I agree with you in principal, I disagree in practice due ot the lack of a matchmaking system for normal warzones.

Removing respec did more harm to pugs in the normal queue than it helped, it has also lead to more than one incredibly boring match (too many healers, not enough dps).

A previous poster recommended that we be allowed to re-spec prior to the first curtain drop, I think this would be a good solution to help address poor/non-existent match-making without leading to excessive abuse/turtling/macros/etc.

P.S. A focus guardian in tank stance (after that first big sweep :L) guarding a good combat medic (and guard swapping) would be more than enough for regular arenas (unless there is a four man optimized ranked team on the other side).

The only ones who don't want field respec back are those who only know how to play 1 spec. The benefits of field spec was it allowed you to function as a class, rather than a spec within that class. People who knew how to play all 3 and had optimized gear depending on each spec should be rewarded for that knowledge. Basically removal of this option was another step towards catering to bads.

This would create a huge disparity between F2Pers, who have to pay for every respec, and subscribers who get them for free.

Paying subscription is... free?? If so, then why don't you do it?

Edited by Karkais

The only ones who don't want field respec back are those who only know how to play 1 spec. The benefits of field spec was it allowed you to function as a class, rather than a spec within that class. People who knew how to play all 3 and had optimized gear depending on each spec should be rewarded for that knowledge. Basically removal of this option was another step towards catering to bads.

Oh the irony.

Do you remember making this post?

Hey guys I had a question, and hopefully a developer can chime in as well. There is a guild on my server, who shall go unnamed, that uses macros in warzones both regs and rateds in order to respec in literally 3-4 seconds, speed click the huttball on the pit, and other things. I was under the impression this wasnt in compliance with the TOS, but one of the members linked a message where he interpreted Bioware saying its ok for quality of life to mean he can do these things in pvp. Obviously this gives them huge advantages in warzones. Doesn't matter how many people you have at mid if one of them are there they will always grab the ball, and as I said, and did not exaggerate, they can switch between dps and heals, or tank and dps within a matter of 3-4 seconds while walking through a warzone.

So basically, is this against TOS or is it ok to do these things? One of the reasons we are hesitant to do rateds with them is because of the huge advantage this brings, and we don't want to do it as well to simply end up banned, just for the sake of being on equal footing. So please let me know, and if a Bioware employee could shed some light on it I would greatly appreciate it.

So about these BADS who don't like it and got it removed...

Edited by Gyronamics

Oh the irony.

Do you remember making this post?

So about these BADS who don't like it and got it removed...

If you actually bothered to read the post, you'd notice that I was referring to RESPEC MACROS that can respec within 3-4 seconds. Actually respeccing manually was not the issue I brought up in that post. You're welcome to try again though, I hope you didn't spend too much time digging up that useless quote.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

If you actually bothered to read the post, you'd notice that I was referring to RESPEC MACROS that can respec within 3-4 seconds. Actually respeccing manually was not the issue I brought up in that post. You're welcome to try again though, I hope you didn't spend too much time digging up that useless quote.

Lol he did get you there regardless of what you say.