Gearing Bomber - Any way to avoid TDM other than just manually dropping upon entry?

caronome

I am working on SR to gear a bomber. I am solo queueing. In TDM, perhaps 90% of the time zero is typed into chat and most of 10% it is just hello. So the TDM I see at my play times on my PvE server is just everyone running off to die scattered across the map.

While I could see it being quite fun for premades, it seems like I would have more SR/hour and a lot more fun to just leave when I see it s a TDM when I am in my bomber. Is there no way to blacklist TDM or autodrop if I get one?

To directly answer your question, no, there is no way to blacklist any mode, map, or for that matter, I'm not fully convinced you can even blacklist players.

To address your premise, you're working on gearing your Bomber...TDM is great for Bombers! While I can't recall if I've ever seen a Bomber take the top of the rankings (because if I'm in the match, that spot is mine), I have seen good Bomber pilots rack up sixteen to twenty-five assists and kills in a match. Since these both count the same, and I forget how much requisition each kill or assist gets you precisely, that can turn into a pretty sizable chunk of requisition.

If you don't enjoy it, there's no reason to play it, and dropping because you know you're not going to have any fun is a completely valid reason for doing so. But the requisition from a TDM match adds up, especially when you've got your daily double bonus on.

nope cause of the stupid contribution system you do need to place your self in battle or near it . Which totaly removes playing defensive out of the question. But it does help in learning how to fly one defensively and if you have a gunner watching your back those chaser's do make nice meaty targets for them

And don't forget to pick up the daily and weekly bonuses from the PvP terminals. -

If gearing a bomber fast is that important , another tactic is to use a different ship in Deathmatch, and then transfer the rep with CCs to fleet requisition, and then spend it on your bomber upgrades. - Check the cost in Cartel coins - sometimes a few hundred req points is all that is needed to hit the breakpoint and only costs a few CCs.

OR fly aggressively. Prioritise defensive cooldowns and shields and sensors / dampening, to aid survivability. Zip around objects dropping your mines/drones etc. and boost out of there....

And find a team-mate, guild-mate or fellow pilot. You can look out for one another. Chat during pre-flight, you might make a friend or two who you can cover / who can cover you.

Post your server and ask for help / Good luck!

You CAN fly aggressively as a Drone Carrier.

I fly my Bomber this way in TDM. Laying my drone in advanced positions, chasing already engaged enemies with lasers and laying down Seeker Mines within the range of that enemy (almost using them like insta-cast missiles).

I do very well with it usually. Particularly if there is a scrum. My drone often gets ignored and does all the good things Missile Drones can, weakening shields with lasers and missiles and causing enemy to blow lock evasion maneuvers.

I fly around with power to shields, pinging laser shots around and farting out mines that go chasing enemies.

30k-60k average dps scores with a best of 78k.

Flying in TDM with a bomber is great, although i only take my Warcarrier (dronecarrier) into TDMs. Its my best ship for doing damage actually and I think its harder to hit people with a minelayer w/o a predictable spot where the enemy gathers (satelite).

I dont understand people's point; on my Warcarrier, my average damage dealt is 20k (!!! yes is true !!!) higher than my overal average damage dealt (31k vs 51k), and i played more than 60 matches on the Warcarrier, so thats not just 2 or 3 lucky matches. Ofc, my matches in the early days of GSF are counted in the overal record, back when I was a asteroid-crashing rookie, so the difference will be lower in reality.

Drop your drone in the middle of the battlefield and fight with your blasters, missiles/mines around both your repair and attack drone. If the battle stays around your spot, a DPS over 100 is almost casual.

I think it depends on your server but dominating TDM in either bomber is doable. I find myself doing 20 to 50k damage in my bomber on tdm regularly racking up 7 or 8 kills and 20+ assists. Now I am sure some of this has to do with pubs consistently dominating imps on my server, and having other really good pub players to play with.

Honestly i love tdm on a bomber.

If anything will teach you how to be a good pilot in any ship, it's taking a large slow moving brick into TDM.

You'll have to adjust your play style a little and be more aggressive (especially in a minelayer) but what will make you shine is how you pilot your way through the match.

Use LoS to your advantage as often as you can. Use your boost and fly erratic when someone manages to get on your tail. Trust me, when they're right behind you and you're running Seismic and Interdiction mines, they're the one that should be scared.