CE in game items not practical?

DoctorBeckett

They never were intended to be. The CE store will get updates but I bought the CE for the awesome statue ($80 value alone), the journal and the soundtrack and the authenticator.

Adding stuff later is great, but there was absolutely nothing preventing them from making the vender great, from the beginning and adding more cool stuff later.

The two factions aren't even with their stock. The Republic version has less than one page. The Imps get more than double the items and most of those are for Khem Val for some reason. It really seems like there are pages of stock missing, due to a bug or coding error. Even the Imperial Trooper armor is 'light armor', insuring that any appropriate characters, won't be wearing it.

This isn't a "fairness" issue, it's more of a "they weren't paying attention" thing. Like they didn't even notice, or it's a bug.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconding that they didn't pay attention. Why is Imperial Trooper and Republic Officer armor light armor?

That makes no sense. The excuse that it's for "everyone to wear it!" doesn't hold much muster, when you consider that a ton of medium and heavy social armors existed in beta. And if it was for everyone to wear it, they'd just remove the mod slots. As it is, only Inquisitors and Consulars benefit from it.

At they very least, they need to fix the Imperial Trooper armor. That's saying nothing of the blatant misinformation and undelivered promises that were made about the CE digital items and CE vendor.

hold there, tiger...at least with WoW, there most certainly is a level requirement and skill cost associated with any mount...even giveaway ones.

You have obviously not played WoW in a few years, as this is no longer true with every mount.

Edited by Apax

To the people saying, "Well you shouldn't have purchased it without knowing what was in there first." :rolleyes:

You have a valid point. As customer's who have probably been taken to the cleaner before by the cable bill or a credit card company, we should have known better. Unfortunately, hope springs eternal and Bioware had been saying for months in forum posts, interviews, etc what type of items would be in the CE store. Granted, their answers were always vague, but they referenced armor suitS and customizationS plural in every case. Not this single item, half finished, joke of an addition to the CE. When you compare the time that at least went into the Audio disk, the statue, or even the holodancer, the CE store is a laugh in comparison.

Honestly? My assumption is that Bioware tried to placate all you QQ'ers out there and ended up making it worse. To elaborate: When Bioware first let 'slip' that there would be a VIP area for CE owners, there was a mass outrage. All of you little people (that was sarcasm for the first 5 year old who has a fit) flooded the forums with QQ and my guess is that what is now the Security Vendor initially had nothing in it's store and all of the inventory spread amongst the VIP, Security and CE vendor was initially meant for the CE owners.

Bioware probably had intended to flesh out all 3 vendors at some point, but release dates got to close, and they got behind. All of this is fine, and completely understandable whether that's what actually happened or not. What isn't fine is Bioware's failure to communicate once again.

The moronic staff that handles things of this nature that Bioware employs really should be sacked. While I have no doubt that the CE's will still sell well, and that the game will be a success; Fraudulent practices like what has been inflicted upon us, are proven to be a detractor in future sales. People are far less likely to be burned a second time by the same company. And simply look at all the CE's that came back in stock on Amazon.

Bioware did lie, regardless of whatever you naysayers in this thread claim. They made promises, albeit vague, and failed to even hold to those. Well done.

Edited by Afortunado

You have obviously not played WoW in a few years, as this is no longer true with every mount.

We are not talking about WoW s it stands we are talking about release items.

Really, what's to defend here?

Defend the company from unreasonable customers. The customer is King yes but the king can be wrong and I frankly never buy into the fact that the customer is always right.

So heres what you told me boiled down which is all I wanted you to say.

"I bought the game for items I had no data on and not for the items in the box. I did this assuming I would get wonderful useful items that either give me an edge or I can use above and beyond most items a low level character would normally have access to."

Guess what? A new MMO will NEVER do that lest if the developers have half a brain.

Edited by Avrose

I like what the CE got in physical items, I just think that the current CE vendor items are kinda lame, especially for the price. A slottable version of the republic soldier uniform from Ord Mantell? Light Armor? For 18500 a piece? That "armor" is so ugly I wouldn't wear it if you paid me. Haven't checked what Imperials get yet.

EDIT: Oh and as for it being light so everyone can use it, that's lazy programming. They've already shown that they can have a vendor show different selections to males and females with the social vendors. Why can't they expand it to differentiate by class?

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

I haven't even checked the CE store yet.

I've always posited that anyone who bought it for anything other than the statue wasn't very bright

And I've always thought people like you who make inflamatory statements without a clue behind the resoning of the people who chose to buy the CE's are somewhere in the region below 'not very bright.'

People bought the CE's for all sorts of reasons and some people are pleased with their purchases. In case you missed the title of the thread most people are very pleease with the contents of the box. That's not the point of the thread. The point of the thread was whether the items in the CE are practical. And they're not.

Try to stay a little closer on topic. :(

We are not talking about WoW s it stands we are talking about release items. Defend the company from unreasonable customers. The customer is King yes but the king can be wrong and I frankly never buy into the fact that the customer is always right.

"I bought the game for items I had no data on and not for the items in the box. I did this assuming I would get wonderful useful items that either give me an edge or I can use above and beyond most items a low level character would normally have access to."

Guess what? A new MMO will NEVER do that lest if the developers have half a brain.

What is it with people like you referencing P2W options. No one expected that and Bioware flat out refuted it long ago. We did expect what was actually promised. Reading a little bit of info about a topic before opening your mouth might save you from little incidents like this.

Edited by Afortunado

Defend the company from unreasonable customers. The customer is King yes but the king can be wrong and I frankly never buy into the fact that the customer is always right.

Maybe you should actually do some research on the topic, instead of making sanctimonious and smug claims?

Bioware said certain things would be in the store. They are not there. And the items that are there are useless to the majority of the classes in the game, breaking yet another promise (Unique items/armor sets for all classes.).

This isn't "I bought the game for items I had no data on". It's "I bought the game after being told by the highest authority within the development process that it would have features it doesn't have".

That's not not paying attention. That's, as it stands now, being lied to now.

But hey. People post this sort of crap every other page in these topics. It doesn't stop people who never bother reading the topics themselves from coming in here and making ridiculous claims like yours. I expect we'll see another "OLOL WHY ARE YOU ENTITLED PEOPLE WANTING TO BE OP" post in the next page, if it survives that long.

Edit: I also should add that you couldn't even research the shop itself before making that post. The two armor sets that they did bother to add (Neither of which are placed at the proper armor class for their respective classes to use. Meaning Agents, Troopers, or BH's need to take a massive armor hit to use them, which renders them useless.) are full mod slots, but have no mods slotted.

Meaning that it's very expensive for most people to slot them, meaning they're very much mid to late game items, unless you don't like having a speeder on Tatooine. This also isn't even getting into the fact that the average piece of this set runs anywhere from 11K to 20K, the actual mods and enhancements not being counted into that price.

But hey. People are asking for some sort of mystical overpowered items, miright?

Edited by Radiatonia

Yes, because why compare a new release to common practices that are happening *now* when you can pretend your argument has a leg to stand on by referencing 7 year old releases.

Of course that's what you got from my post. Because that's what you want to see, rather than actually talking about anything I actually said.

Honestly, you seem to be the one with entitlement issues since you're the only one in this conversation who keeps (repeatedly) voicing the expectation of having an edge, where everyone else (including me) is just complaining about not getting what was advertised.

I'm glad they don't hold anything great in them because you should earn great items by playing the game and not just spending some credits at a vendor.

I have no idea why some people felt they should get amazing items just for buying the game rather than actually playing it and finding them on their journeys.

How can anyone be called a gamer if all the best rewards come from a purchase? What game are you playing then?

I don't think I should get anything great what they did say was that there would be the same things you could get from quests/other vendors but with UNIQUE skins/art. I'm not really seeing that right now.