Subscription Vs Packs

Jurnee

Is it really necessary to make the subscribers gamble for what they're looking for in your loot packs? The people that pay a monthly fee should be able to purchase exactly what they're looking for out of the collection screen, rather than having to buy 20 packs at a time and end up with handfuls of Thul Statesman jackets.

Or, if you want to make it more exclusive, how about putting the option in for us few Collector's Edition subscribers that still play by giving the vendor upstairs some love?

No one makes you buy the packs. You could easily buy the items you're looking for with credits on the GTN. Or buy the packs with credits.

As for the necessity, yes. Because that's how they make money. From people willing to giving them real money, for subscriptions, and from packs. If you just have to have the new shiny toy, then pony up the dough for it. If you can be patient, save up the credits to buy it without opening your wallet further.

Is it really necessary to make the subscribers gamble for what they're looking for in your loot packs? The people that pay a monthly fee should be able to purchase exactly what they're looking for out of the collection screen, rather than having to buy 20 packs at a time and end up with handfuls of Thul Statesman jackets.

Or, if you want to make it more exclusive, how about putting the option in for us few Collector's Edition subscribers that still play by giving the vendor upstairs some love?

No one is making you do anything. People choose to spend money on packs and it is not just subs but non subs as well. The system however, was made to make money period. And as long as people keep doing it BW will continue to use it.

Okay, no patience to be found for a suggestion (assuming it's been asked to death then, I guess).

The gambling on packs for people that pay the subscription seems like unnecessary gouging is all. That, and having a few ugly dye combinations and a single item a year being added to the Collector's Edition Vendor seems like it's running short on the Exclusivity promise that was given out at launch.

Is it really necessary to make the subscribers gamble for what they're looking for in your loot packs?

It's not necessary, you can always not buy the packs.

The people that pay a monthly fee should be able to purchase exactly what they're looking for out of the collection screen, rather than having to buy 20 packs at a time and end up with handfuls of Thul Statesman jackets.

Then it wouldn't be so profitable for the company.

If you have nothing to do with CCs, buy the packs or unlocks and sell them on GTN. Then spend your credits to purchase the desired items. It's better solution rather than relying on luck.

I agree with the part of CE. I've been playing since November, so it doesn't include me but the veterans should be respected and rewarded. So far I've heard lots of criticism about CE vendor.

Edited by PavSalco

Okay, no patience to be found for a suggestion (assuming it's been asked to death then, I guess).
None at all. But really, it didn't help that your suggestion came off as more of a rant being made while beating the dead horse. At least, that's how I read it.

The gambling on packs for people that pay the subscription seems like unnecessary gouging is all.
It's not gambling. That's an argument that has been had on these forums way too many times already so I won't derail the thread into that. But it's also not gouging. That would meaning that they raise the price on the items in an unfair and unethical fashion.

That, and having a few ugly dye combinations and a single item a year being added to the Collector's Edition Vendor seems like it's running short on the Exclusivity promise that was given out at launch.

I know nothing about an Exclusivity promise for the CE vendor. I know I can't access the vendor and that's it, so I can't comment on that. But it seems like what you are trying to suggest is that they take items from the packs and put them into the CE vendor. But how exactly would that work?

1: They take an outfit from a pack, like the Qel-Droma set out of the packs, and put it in the CE Vendor. Now only CE owners get that set, and it would be BoP so no one else would have access. Then the packs would be shorted an outfit set, and the people paying money, as opposed to CE owners only needing credits, are given the short end of the stick.

2: They copy the Qel-Droma set and make it so it's in the packs, and the CE vendor, but then that negates the exclusivity you mentioned.

3: They copy the Qel-Droma set and recolor it for the packs. So CE owners get the actual Qel-Droma set, and in the packs is the recolor.

Is this the kind of thing you were going for? Or am I off the mark completely?

I suppose it was an unfortunate bit of rant, as I was expecting: "Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items" to be more than some ugly dyes, a Republic Uniform, or a Sith Trooper Uniform, the latter of which has now appeared on the Market anyway.

But, seeing as how I haven't been on the forums in three years because of the same initial attitudes towards newcomers since beta, I'll just take my leave again.