Another Waste of Time

Dekkau

I just wonder how many players give up with this game cus they can't be bothered with the bloody updates. I'm sorry but after three quarters of an hour and what looks like an inch on the progression bar I cancelled the update... again. I just can't be bothered . I have no idea what the game has to update, but in truth each time I have wasted an evening doing this I can see nothing that has changed. I just want to play the bloody game. Painful and frustrating and yet all the MMOs I play have nothing like this updating process. Just what on earth can they be bloody updating.

Never mind... I was subbed to the game but really if I have to do this every time I log in you can forget it. And as for the one time password needed every bloody time I play or post on the forums... Seriously.. Is it little wonder that other games are way more popular than this. Warcraft never patches like this and although I get the odd patch in Tera I never have this one time password rubbish.

Never mind.. That was an hour of Saturday when I could have been playing Tera. Wont make that mistake again.

Can I has your stuff?

On a more serious tone, my updates usually take between 5-20 minutes, depending on how large it is. The problem probably has to do with BitRaider (from what I heard it sucks), that you can try to look up a solution for.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Do yourself a favor and scour the local shops for a cheap copy of SWtOR.

Install from the discs, then update to current. Then make a backup of the game folder in case you need to reinstall in the future. That way, you never have to deal with that "streaming" bitraider crap again. Only the digital downloads from origin/Bioware contains that craptastic piece of dumbware.

Edited by Zorvan