How about making the Hanger the same across your account/faction?

That way... it won't be a painful chore to play GSF from your alts.

Trying to play on anything but my main is just horrible and painful. It's just not fun at all. If the power difference between a fully upgraded ship and a new ship wasn't that big, the system would be fine, but as it stands, it is enormous.

If they do this we have to be able to buy the same ship twice to get many build for the same ship.... my joy in starfighter is to use only one ship on each of my toon.... I tie the ship playstyle to my toon's personality (yeah i'm one of those rPer on Ebon Hawk and Jung'ma) and its ground playstyle.

A few major problems doing this:

GSF gives experience, enough so that farming it out on an alt is actually a semi-effective means of leveling when combined with class quests. You could theoretically level up all of your alts with the same ship if you had a legacy hangar.

Ground PVP doesn't allow you to easily interchange gear. Why allow players this luxury with GSF if you cannot do it in any for aside from legacy smuggle, which is exceptionally costly.

It would mean a complete overhaul of the requisition system. With dailies and weeklies done on each toon with 5+ toons running GSF rounds, you could completely master a fresh ship in a single week under the current system of requisition if ships were shared amongst hangars. Think about the massive changes that would have to happen here.

Perhaps ship unlocks across legacy would be nice. Like paying 5k additional fleet requisition to have A Pike/quell unlocked on all toons

Edited by OscarDivine

I could see a legacy hanger with certain un-upgraded loadouts (e.g. mine would have a flashfire and skybolt with my standard builds for the two, but all components have level 0 upgrades), but not much more than that.

I don't think there's a problem with people leveling too quickly, or asinine gear-gating, but I don't think BioWare will be willing to give up on the income from ship to fleet req, which would drop dramatically if you only needed to master a ship once per legacy.

I could see a legacy hanger with certain un-upgraded loadouts (e.g. mine would have a flashfire and skybolt with my standard builds for the two, but all components have level 0 upgrades), but not much more than that.

that would be really nice to have as it could also be tied to mastering a ship (so once you master a ship the fully upgraded components for that ship become available as default load outs or something on alts).

Throwing in something like unique-to-class ship, cosmetics, or loadout; that can happen, but at this point it's much easier to continue down the paved road.

I'm barely hoping for a legacy collections unlock on GSF cartel market items.

I get a headache with dealing with multiple hangers. One toon has alot of unlock ships with some upgrades. Other toons have the opposite. I forget who has who. The hanger itself is not organized properly. The top to bottom list of ships on one toon is strike,scout,gunship,bomber. Then I go to another toon and it's all rearranged to something like scout,bomber,strike,gunship.

There needs to be uniformity throughout.

All I would really like is FLEET req be faction/legacy wide. Ship req and all ships are fine as per toon imo

/signed the reqs need to be banked together. Having two pools is easier to deal with than having 10 pools.

Make the hangar shared across your legacy and watch the number of people trying GSF as a new or returning player *dwindle*. Other people who aren't carrying max upgrades are about the only thing a new person can possible shoot down.

Make the hangar shared across your legacy and watch the number of people trying GSF as a new or returning player *dwindle*. Other people who aren't carrying max upgrades are about the only thing a new person can possible shoot down.

This is laughably false.