The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Confused about Shoulder Cannon

Faudyen

Hello forums =)

I would like to start by saying that I am not complaining about the ability, I am just confused how to use shoulder cannon in DPS. I suppose it makes sense in tank spec because it heals you for a small amount. The damage it seems to do is just a little more than hammer shot so I figure that I must be missing something in how it is used. Is is supposed to be part of a normal rotation or take the place of hammer shot?

It's off the GCD which means you fire it AS you do everything else.

And yes you use it as its up for max damage, for pvp and tanking there are other times to save it for.

It works while you're stunned so you can't have a node nicked off you as long as you're alive and have it loaded.

Edited by Gyronamics

• 1 month later...

Another tip is to use it with your Battle Focus. It has the same cool down time as BF so when that's back up, so is your Shoulder Cannon.

Also, if guarding a node in Civil War it helps to be on top of the node, that way if you get stunned you will not be LOS (if he's capping) while firing the Shoulder Cannon.

Edited by KBsFuRy

• 2 weeks later...
With shoulder cannon, if I read it right, its damage, fully charged, ticks 4 times right? Now, there's a tank proc for vanguard, that makes it heal 5% max hp when it does damage. Would (if shoulder cannon hits 4 times), it then heal 4 times, or just the once?

With shoulder cannon, if I read it right, its damage, fully charged, ticks 4 times right? Now, there's a tank proc for vanguard, that makes it heal 5% max hp when it does damage. Would (if shoulder cannon hits 4 times), it then heal 4 times, or just the once?

Yeah its 4 heals of 5%, so in full Tank Spec shoulder cannon can be thought of as a 20% heal defensive cooldown with a ludicrous threat generation.