How about some new capital ships?

DEATHICIDE

We just might be able to get the best of both worlds when it comes to capital ship camping.

New capital ships that are larger, have a shielded docking bay; as well as several self regenerating, low-HP turrets, with a stacking DOT.

If a solo player or two tried to fly into this ship's area, they couldn't compete for long at all.

An enemy squadron with a chance to coordinate an effort on the capital ship, could now pull it off.

If the numbers on the turrets are set properly, ship camping can't get you an auto-win, and capital ship farming of spawn-ins becomes more trouble than it's worth.

Plus, the docking bay guarantees new spawns won't be hit off-guard when the turrets are disabled.

A losing team couldn't be spawn camped properly, because they are inside of a shielded hangar(use a penalty timer in here for AFKers).

Players will always be able to choose a safe ship to spawn into, (minimap = green/red cap ship turret indicators?) but going AFK there, or hiding behind the capital ship's turret fire in gunship balls, won't last for long.

Summary:

-New, larger capital ships.

-Shielded docking bay, complete with AFK penalty timer

-Large self repairing laser turrets with powerful stacking DoT, for example, which will ensure that a few assailants will stand no chance, but a multiple ship effort will be able to destroy them without too much trouble.

So would you rather keep the small and simple capital ships we have, or fire these strikers and hire some new talent?

We just might be able to get the best of both worlds when it comes to capital ship camping.

New capital ships that are larger, have a shielded docking bay; as well as several self regenerating, low-HP turrets, with a stacking DOT.

If a solo player or two tried to fly into this ship's area, they couldn't compete for long at all.

An enemy squadron with a chance to coordinate an effort on the capital ship, could now pull it off.

If the numbers on the turrets are set properly, ship camping can't get you an auto-win, and capital ship farming of spawn-ins becomes more trouble than it's worth.

Plus, the docking bay guarantees new spawns won't be hit off-guard when the turrets are disabled.

A losing team couldn't be spawn camped properly, because they are inside of a shielded hangar(use a penalty timer in here for AFKers).

Players will always be able to choose a safe ship to spawn into, (minimap = green/red cap ship turret indicators?) but going AFK there, or hiding behind the capital ship's turret fire in gunship balls, won't last for long.

Summary:

-New, larger capital ships.

-Shielded docking bay, complete with AFK penalty timer

-Large self repairing laser turrets with powerful stacking DoT, for example, which will ensure that a few assailants will stand no chance, but a multiple ship effort will be able to destroy them without too much trouble.

So would you rather keep the small and simple capital ships we have, or fire these strikers and hire some new talent?

A much, much better idea than having striking Naval personnel. I mean, really. One does not "strike" in the military. One gets replaced and court-martialed. :p

No offense but that is overly complicated...

Spawn in an exhaustion zone. Receive 15-20 or so seconds of exhaustion zone immunity which also prevents damage from other players... The immunity goes away after time expires or you shoot a weapon.

I don't want NPC gunners deciding anything...

I don't want the enemy to be able to lay mines/shoot instantly any newbies zoning in at a respawn...

I don't want a gunship to be able to shoot from any sort of "safety".

This fixes all three.

Edited by Zharik

No offense but that is overly complicated...

Spawn in an exhaustion zone. Receive 15-20 or so seconds of exhaustion zone immunity which also prevents damage from other players... The immunity goes away after time expires or you shoot a weapon.

I don't want NPC gunners deciding anything...

I don't want the enemy to be able to lay mines/shoot instantly any newbies zoning in at a respawn...

I don't want a gunship to be able to shoot from any sort of "safety".

This fixes all three.

No offense taken.

I see what you are getting at, but which would be more fun?

It could be set up more deathmatch map style for sure.

Although, traditional TDM maps have included NPC defended base locations often, and people have always found those fun.

Both versions already work when you look at it like this, but since I am big on the idea of interactive AI, I would likely have more fun with some new capital ships.

Suppose that GSF got a death-match mode at some point, it would be defaulted to using immunity spawns.

TDM maps featuring defended bases vs spawn immunity?

I'd still probably go with the option that feels more starwars.

I find both your ideas better than it is now...

the exhaustion zone is something that could be done ASAP and I agree it would fix all the current problems around the cap ships.

deathicide's idea indeed sounds like tons of fun if implemented right, so i'd be up for that as well, but this could take a while to get in the game, and even longer until it works as intended ;)

Edited by mighty_joe

the only thing needed is the capital ships have their gun power returned BUT any kills from capital ships do not count as points, this would stop the tatic of drawing them back to capital ships to get free points and in domination i really dont give a crap about someone fleeing back to capital ship just mean stheir out of the fight, its only TDM where u can end up with a team dug in around capital ship area rakeing points in.

But leaving them now as they are will only lead to spawn camping, and some say swap rez point, that dont work in a team of 12 they could put 4 ships on each rez area and they could sit there all match spawn killing.

The optimist in me is hoping that 'turning off' the Cap ships was just a quick fix while they explore these other possibilities.

In TDM the Derpships out there that snipe till someone comes for them and run to mommy was just annoying. In Domination it really made no difference as a GS at home mine as well be a respawn after death anyway. But in TDM the points do matter enough that effectively dead isn't really enough.

It makes sense for GS to want to evade toward an ally, whatever they do that ally can't be an AI(excluding bomber pets) running out of the play area is senselessly stupid for a host of reasons.

I will propose that "GS running to Mommy" Degrades gameplay far more then the occasional spawn crowding. In fact since TDM came out I have never seen a match where one team has pushed it's opposing team back to it's spawn. This simply doesn't happen enough on Jedi Covenant. In fact only time I've seen opposing team on their own spawn is when they do it by choice, not because of pushback. They instead choose to Derp their spawn with GS and bombers.

the only thing needed is the capital ships have their gun power returned BUT any kills from capital ships do not count as points, this would stop the tatic of drawing them back to capital ships to get free points and in domination i really dont give a crap about someone fleeing back to capital ship just mean stheir out of the fight, its only TDM where u can end up with a team dug in around capital ship area rakeing points in.

But leaving them now as they are will only lead to spawn camping, and some say swap rez point, that dont work in a team of 12 they could put 4 ships on each rez area and they could sit there all match spawn killing.

Not good enough, still leaves run home to mommy option.

Still leaves Capship umbrella to make GS unkillable buy anything other then GS option.

As I say in my last post. I believe that the risk and damage of spawn camping is less impactful then the ways cap ship guns can be exploited. I even believe that were cap ship kills to not count the balance still would see spawn camping as less of a problem.

But that's a JC perspective where Spawn camping is not really an issue to date. You server may see different.