DEVS: Mercenary needs an escape/leap

-KeggER-

We don't need escapes, we are not meant to have the Sorc's playstyle. What we need is a "oh sh*t" button.

The entire reason people focus mercs first is because we have nothing that can nullify a focus. A escape doesn't nullify focus not with the multitude of gap closers available, and it would do even less if the other team is using ranged classes.

We need something like Pyro's Kolto Overload as a baseline.

Edited by Zoom_VI

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In short, having a merc/mando on the team causes the rest of the team to work far harder to keep that player alive. It's one of the reasons that other classes are preferred.

Yes but so what? If you're worried about being picked for a group you just need to up your game that much more. That's my point. A tank will have to peel just as much for a lightning sorc, sniper, dps op. Merc's do a lot better with keep away than those closes with someone to peel initial burst. Think about how powerful double nets is w/ a merc healer, no other class can bring that.

Honestly, I don't think it is all about the unbalanced teams in solo. It's in the arenas themselves and the the design philosophy behind their merc/mandos and their dcds which are severely lacking for that style of competition.

again no one is arguing this.

We don't need escapes, we are not meant to have the Sorc's playstyle. What we need is a "oh sh*t" button.

The entire reason people focus mercs first is because we have nothing that can nullify a focus. A escape doesn't nullify focus not with the multitude of gap closers available, and it would do even less if the other team is using ranged classes.

We need something like Pyro's Kolto Overload as a baseline.

Yes, that's a sensible idea.

Yes but so what? If you're worried about being picked for a group you just need to up your game that much more. That's my point. A tank will have to peel just as much for a lightning sorc, sniper, dps op.
The core issue here is that when the healer and tank gets ccéd during a hardswitch, wich is the common tactic, then the dps can only rely on the abilities he or she has access to until the tank/healer gets out of cc.

Sort of a way around this is that the merc can actually cleanse the tank and thus survive, but so can the sorc + he/she still has access to barrier for when the situation really spirals out of control.

That focus breaking cooldown is key to success.

This is especially true in yolo que atleast where acess to tank/healer or smart teammates has been a plauge since season 1.

I dont argue against you here, just pointing out that "upping" our game to negate for class flaws wich is more then just class design, i would argue it is a oversight, isnt viable at endgame pvp when you compare different classes to eachother in order to get the strongest team you can muster.

Edited by Nightkin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.