2.7 - The best balance this game has ever seen

AdamLKvist

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Show off.

But regarding the topic, yes. It's not perfect, but it's alot closer with this patch. Going tunnelvision on sniper changes and not looking at op heals, smash bots, less rng for sorcs etc etc is just plain stupid.

+1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Ummm, are you kidding?

Sorcerer DPS getting Force Speed with root break is a HUGE DCD. Not directly, but indirectly. This is going to make me survive 10x as well and going to make players rage at not being able to kill me as fast as my team is going to kill their target first.

Sorcerers got nothing but buffs in 2.7

Yup, madness will be fun against assins and pts. Lighting rotation is straight f.

Edited by Aetideus

With the oh so important difference of that a marauder always have had the ability to stay in your face whereas a sniper will have to waste AT LEAST one additional CD to make you stay in front of him as he uses that defensive, a mobile sniper deals no damage - we all know that.

Its a QoL change that has some situational uses and raises the skill ceiling sky high, its a good change that very few in this particular game will be able to capitalise on. A maras undying was only ever a problem since they had no drawbacks, the HP argument is ******** as until recently they lost health initially and was sucessfully topped up by a healer.

The duration is probably a bit too high, though, since its dumbfounds the CD, the mechanic is welcome to stay - I personally wish they'd lower the duration, though.

And what prohibits a sniper with a tank and a healer from nuking the opponent healer these 5s? Add a PT or Carnage to complete the tender scene.

Edited by Aetideus

Lol are you really boasting about that when you're playing an instawin spec?

Play a real healer or a real dps and THEN get that rating. Then you get the rights to boast about it.

Your guildmates playing that spec have taken 400-600 matches to get to slightly above where I am.

Its not a spec that grants me 82% win ratio for free.

If I'm stuck with a healer I'm supposed to lose, I usually don't - why?

I sacrifice around 1000dps to be able to contribute to my team in ranked and play the only viable spec currently available for yoloqueue, if you want to be pissed of because I perform well be my quest, but dont for a second think that its no hard work put into my ascension.

And what prohibits a sniper with a tank and a healer from nuking the opponent healer these 5s? Add a PT or Carnage to complete the tender scene.

You're descriping a 3-4v1 scenario where your competition doesn't adapt at all. I think that the outcome of such a scenario speaks for itself regardless of class?

You're descriping a 3-4v1 scenario where your competition doesn't adapt at all. I think that the outcome of such a scenario speaks for itself regardless of class?

Assuming that there is a tank and healer oc. The tank has no chance against 5s immunity.

Edited by Aetideus

Assuming that there is a tank and healer oc. The tank has no chance against 5s immunity.

A sniper can NEVER EVER nuke down a healer by himself. If you try to nuke a key component of the opposite team down you'll need two DPS and you say its impossible to stop such a scenario because of snipers 5s godmode?

Thats where I say that you're just complaing for the sake of it because obviously during those 5s the sensible thing to do would be to lock down the other DPS - if your team all got CCd at once obviously someone will die (read SHOULD die) because then you messed up to begin with.

(The team facing the sniper has guard as well)

Edited by AdamLKvist

Your guildmates playing that spec have taken 400-600 matches to get to slightly above where I am.

Its not a spec that grants me 82% win ratio for free.

If I'm stuck with a healer I'm supposed to lose, I usually don't - why?

I sacrifice around 1000dps to be able to contribute to my team in ranked and play the only viable spec currently available for yoloqueue, if you want to be pissed of because I perform well be my quest, but dont for a second think that its no hard work put into my ascension.

I didn't say I approve of my guildies doing it :D

A sniper can NEVER EVER nuke down a healer by himself. If you try to nuke a key component of the opposite team down you'll need two DPS and you say its impossible to stop such a scenario because of snipers 5s godmode?

Thats where I say that you're just complaing for the sake of it because obviously during those 5s the sensible thing to do would be to lock down the other DPS - if your team all got CCd at once obviously someone will die (read SHOULD die) because then you messed up to begin with.

Of course there are 2. But 1 (the sniper) has immunity. Cannot be stunned by the tank or incapacitated, which gives free shots against the healer. What is so strange? 5s unstoppable dps to healer. No chance to tank.

And no, in normal single attacks even from 2, tanks have all the util to defend zerg.

Edited by Aetideus

1. You played a few rounds the other day, died fast.

2. I know who you are, you're more famous for trolling the forums than performing in game.

3. My point was a counterpoint to your F whining about me playing a sniper/gunslinger?

I'm still a Shadow, not a *********** wonderboy. Of course I will die if there is no support from my team.. -_-

I only lost 2 games and won 12 anyway so whatevs.

Of course there are 2. But 1 (the sniper) has immunity. Cannot be stunned by the tank or incapacitated, which gives free shots against the healer. What is so strange? 5s unstoppable dps to healer. No chance to tank.

And no, in normal single attacks even from 2, tanks have all the util to defend zerg.

Free shots provided LOS, yes.

But the guard will still help, a marksman wont burst (he cant) a middle spec cant really kill without rollbanging, a lethality works, indeed - but also a channeled mainburst ability which means its not as big a deal as you claim. They will be a threat but it wont matter that much...

Free shots provided LOS, yes.

But the guard will still help, a marksman wont burst (he cant) a middle spec cant really kill without rollbanging, a lethality works, indeed - but also a channeled mainburst ability which means its not as big a deal as you claim. They will be a threat but it wont matter that much...

5s of free dps, apart from the rest won't heart? Effectively pushes healer out of action. Sniper has the tools in 2.7 to bypass los. Immunity can hit closer and leave entrench also for the period. Come on.

Edited by Aetideus

Test the changes and wait for the dust to settle before we all get riled up. Fact of the matter is the meta game has been stale for too long. None if these changes are set in stone and will change again. This was always going to happen when arena dropped so we shouldn't be surprised that some things will not be to our liking. For some its the nerf bat others get buffs. This is the way it works, and we adapt, feedback and hopefully things will change for people and their respective classes. But a shake up of the status quo was long overdue. Bioware are trying something more radical with some classes and yes some of the changes may not be perfect but this is the way of things. Adapt or reroll.

5s of free dps, apart from the rest won't heart? Effectively pushes healer out of action. Sniper has the tools in 2.7 to bypass los. Immunity can hit closer and leave entrench also for the period. Come on.

Honestly I dont get what kind of healer feels that a sniper with 5sec of freecast (not all specs get that, its only lethality - isnt it?) is a huge threat? Even as a sorc healer they are the least of my problems. Scouperatives and Mercs can cleanse the root hence their burst is negated by stepping aside to closest LOS.

Lets just agree to disagree. I'm confident come 2.7 that you'll realize that the change isn't as big as you may think.

Honestly I dont get what kind of healer feels that a sniper with 5sec of freecast (not all specs get that, its only lethality - isnt it?) is a huge threat? Even as a sorc healer they are the least of my problems. Scouperatives and Mercs can cleanse the root hence their burst is negated by stepping aside to closest LOS.

Lets just agree to disagree. I'm confident come 2.7 that you'll realize that the change isn't as big as you may think.

I hold the hope that this change won't reach live as it is. WZs do not need undying rage + stun immunity.

Edited by Aetideus

Are you saying the sniper is going to chase down the healer that LOSes in its teammates area? LMAO. Getting up is not what keeps slingers from doing that. They are not melee and it is a bad idea to try to play like one.

The changes are not needed, but lets keep arguments grounded in reality here.