The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

making instances lvl dependent

daymontay

We are at a point where stwor needs to either do another expansion or they need to redevelop their AI so that all instances take level and gear into account when we enter an instance grant the load will be abit longer but it should be more challenging for those of us that are capped at 55. This would make all the instances on belsavis, black Hole, Makeb and all ops/ flashpoints tougher and more entertaining. We need all gathering skills to consider the size of a creature or robot should allow more material gathered from said target. Man sized and smaller wouldn't change but for each time that it is grater than should be a multiplier up to a max of 10X, this is just for normal material not the special dread essence or the like, so if a target is ten times larger base should be 10-40 rather then 1-4. I know how to farm and the time it takes to gather for bio-chem and the rest of the skills it is very time consuming and when you are trying to help fellow guild members by making stuff that is way better then what you can buy from vendors most of the time is great and we need to exonerate this by reward those that do crafting.

We also want a level cap increase a to 70 please:)

*Wall of text crits you for 100k damage*

Not sure what to make of all this. Personally I prefer the Black Hole, Section X & other dailies for what they are.

If I have to spend a lot more time to get them done, that's not a fun idea for me.

When it comes to crafting, in my opinion SW TOR has a real nice system going. Sure you have to go all over the place to collect the ingredients for professions like Biochem or Artifice. But that's the same for other MMO's. The crafting you won't have to do yourself. You'll just send out your companions to do the dirty work for you :)

I compare crafting to real life. The stuff we produce don't appear out of thin air :) When you wear a ring with a diamond on it for example. Guess what happened to the diamond before it ended up on your ring? :)

Edited by SandsOfArrakis

The other alternative, with the same intent, is to make them and the game level independant. Which also takes AI work and makes stats a much, potentially, greater and varied part of charcters functionally. And makes combat dependent on a much larger combination of abilities and stats to make it. This also is the background to independent character creation and uniqueness along with leveless or virtually leveless characters! 8) Edited by Aital

This requires re-working the AI, and could never be patched.

Plus that would make the "struggle" to level and make sure you are ahead of the recommended level and such.

And taking a longer time to run dailies/weeklies would be a huge pain in the arse, so no, i do not agree with this one bit.