The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

CourtneyWoods

Hey Selenial,

All of the Arena rewards are character based and I do not believe they will be in collections.

-eric

Eric, can you try to get the responsible guys to do it like this:

- The rewards will be sent to the character you earned the rating with, but they are BoL

That way we can use the Items on the char in our legacy we would like. It's still a unique reward and in my opinion it doesn't hurt anyone if you can decide on what char to use it.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your "dismay" over this has nothing to do with whether you qualify for the mount or not, or even whether you PvP or not, or even whether you actually play the game or not. There is no rational explanation for anyone to get so worked up about pixels. And your last post demonstrated such an absurd level of upset that it seems even more likely that all your fulminations are just for the sake of trolling.

Because clearly you have a spy camera in my brain telling you exactly what I'm thinking or how upset I am? :rolleyes:

I play the game to have fun. Not to sit around opening Hypercrates all day, crossing my fingers, hoping I get something good.

Ranked PvP is fun. In the end, I want to just have fun, and if I can't have it, I sure as hell will be upset that I'm paying for not having fun.

That feeling of being upset gets even worse when the lack of fun is caused directly by the Devs' lack of foresight; which obviously pisses me off that my fun time is being interrupted by those I'm paying so I can have fun.

Since you have reading comprehension problems, I will explain it to you again. People play games to have fun and will get upset if their fun is interrupted.

Let me state it a third time, to help you understand. People play games to have FUN.

Do you follow? I know the train of thought is probably too complex for you, so you might not have followed it all the way to the end. If so, I understand, not every troll is smart, but please. Make an attempt to comprehend the English language before responding in Trollspeak.

DP and not DF? It seems like it would make more sense coming from DF since that operation has a rancor boss.

They were originally one operation. BW split it into because it was too long. DP is essentially part 2 of DF.

Edited by TezMoney

I don't understand, the rewards they're getting are exclusive.

There are different levels of exclusivity. If you had an awesome piece of armor that there was only one way to get, it encourages people to go through that method and obtain it. If I can get that same piece of armor in an easier, quicker way, then I'm going to take that option even if it's a different color.

The rancor mount had tons of people trying out PvP to see if they could get a high enough rating for a day or two. It was the first real incentive that non-PvPers had to see what they could do in ranked. That immediately stopped when they were told that there would be a Rancor available in other ways, even if they were just reskins. The level of exclusivity diminished by a similar item being available elsewhere.

Take something like Karagga's helm, or a number of speeders available through operations. These are not available by ANY other means with other skins, etc. It encourages people, even today, to run KP when there is almost no reason to do so. You can say the rancor mount is exclusive, but not like these other items. You can't argue with the sudden increase and immediate drop off in ranked participation with the two announcements. The community obviously doesn't feel the item is exclusive.

Take something like Karagga's helm, or a number of speeders available through operations. These are not available by ANY other means with other skins, etc. It encourages people, even today, to run KP when there is almost no reason to do so.

You mean like, say, just for the fun of doing it? Nah, no one plays a game just for the fun of it.

:rolleyes:

You can say the rancor mount is exclusive, but not like these other items. You can't argue with the sudden increase and immediate drop off in ranked participation with the two announcements.

I can argue it because the "evidence' is anecdotal and opinion based.

The community obviously doesn't feel the item is exclusive.

Thank you, Mr. "I have my finger on the pulse of the TOR player community."

You mean like, say, just for the fun of doing it? Nah, no one plays a game just for the fun of it.

:rolleyes:

I can argue it because the "evidence' is anecdotal and opinion based.

Thank you, Mr. "I have my finger on the pulse of the TOR player community."

I mean, someone could go through and count the posts of players that said they were going to try. Bioware could post the stats of increased numbers for two days. But that's not happening. Ranked warzone queues sure were popping though. Followed by dying again.

I don't think it's any secret that most players on MMOs enjoy rewards.

I mean, someone could go through and count the posts of players that said they were going to try. Bioware could post the stats of increased numbers for two days. But that's not happening. Ranked warzone queues sure were popping though. Followed by dying again.

Counting posts in the forums means nothing. But let's say for the sake of argument you are correct. From my understanding, you can't just get the ranking required by going into a few WZs and dying.

Counting posts in the forums means nothing. But let's say for the sake of argument you are correct. From my understanding, you can't just get the ranking required by going into a few WZs and dying.

Correct, you can't attain the required rating without working at it. One of the most discussed reasons for ranked failing was a lack of incentive. Having end of season rewards that players wanted, would encourage them to get involved for rewards in future seasons if nothing else. It was a huge step in the right direction to increase participation. And then a huge step back.

Correct, you can't attain the required rating without working at it. One of the most discussed reasons for ranked failing was a lack of incentive. Having end of season rewards that players wanted, would encourage them to get involved for rewards in future seasons if nothing else. It was a huge step in the right direction to increase participation. And then a huge step back.

If there was actually an increase in PvP because of the rancor, it would have died anyway once people realized "Hey, I can't get the rancor buy just showing up and dying." And really, if you're a "pro" PvPer, do you really want "show up just to die 'scrubs'" showing up, just to die?

If there was actually an increase in PvP because of the rancor, it would have died anyway once people realized "Hey, I can't get the rancor buy just showing up and dying." And really, if you're a "pro" PvPer, do you really want "show up just to die 'scrubs'" showing up, just to die?

Obvious assumption.

*by

" "

Getting 1500 rating only requires like 2 days to get anyways..

Nope.

I started grinding for ranked days ago and keep falling down to 1200.

I got up to 1400 three times, only to plummet back down the ranks with loss after loss.

The thing is, solo queue at least is based 100% off of randomness. You either get good team mates who can actually focus targets instead of slapping all of them at once uselessly and ignoring the healer, or you don't.

As it stands right now I have approximately 50/50 wins/losses out of 60 games, and am hovering at 1237. There's nothing fast or easy about this. It's frustrating and actually rather infuriating when you win a game and get +10 and then lose a game and lose -15, therefore undoing your progress by 150%.

It's a terrible system that doesn't prove who the best PVPers are. And I say this as someone who actually thinks the arenas are great fun and adores PVP. The rating system is archaic and the opposite of fun.

I'm going to keep working towards 1500 but as it stands right now I'm about 100% positive I'll never hit it.

And THAT is what makes the PVPers throwing a temper tantrum about this ridiculous. I would actually agree with you if it was based upon something that you had to put a ton of work into, like, say, 10,000 ranked comms. Something you could actually reliably earn. Something based purely on randomness that only 5% of the entire game has managed to achieve? NOPE.

Edited by Beltane

I'd love people to show up just to die. Theoretically, it will increase the overall population in ranked and allow for the elo system to take effect. So those who show up just to die are matched with similarly skilled players. This will be a far more enjoyable experience for them and they may find that they actually enjoy arenas when the match is even. This would lead to them continuing to play and getting better.

And it all started because there was an awesome reward that they HAD to PvP to get.

I'd love people to show up just to die. Theoretically, it will increase the overall population in ranked and allow for the elo system to take effect. So those who show up just to die are matched with similarly skilled players. This will be a far more enjoyable experience for them and they may find that they actually enjoy arenas when the match is even. This would lead to them continuing to play and getting better.

And it all started because there was an awesome reward that they HAD to PvP to get.

You gotta admit, he's got a point.

Nope.

I started grinding for ranked days ago and keep falling down to 1200.

I got up to 1400 three times, only to plummet back down the ranks with loss after loss.

The thing is, solo queue at least is based 100% off of randomness. You either get good team mates who can actually focus targets instead of slapping all of them at once uselessly and ignoring the healer, or you don't.

As it stands right now I have approximately 50/50 wins/losses out of 60 games, and am hovering at 1237. There's nothing fast or easy about this. It's frustrating and actually rather infuriating when you win a game and get +10 and then lose a game and lose -15, therefore undoing your progress by 150%.

It's a terrible system that doesn't prove who the best PVPers are. And I say this as someone who actually thinks the arenas are great fun and adores PVP. The rating system is archaic and the opposite of fun.

I'm going to keep working towards 1500 but as it stands right now I'm about 100% positive I'll never hit it.

And THAT is what makes the PVPers throwing a temper tantrum about this ridiculous. I would actually agree with you if it was based upon something that you had to put a ton of work into, like, say, 10,000 ranked comms. Something you could actually reliably earn. Something based purely on randomness that only 5% of the entire game has managed to achieve? NOPE.

You misinterpreted him. The implication was that it only takes 2 days to get 1500 if you're good.

^if you really look at it... This guy hit the nail right on the head.

You misinterpreted him. The implication was that it only takes 2 days to get 1500 if you're good.

Lol, it's solo queue and I'm a tank. All the protection, taunting, guard swapping, and interrupting in the world isn't going to compensate for my teammates being utterly unable to focus down a target. Nice try though.

One good player is not going to make the team win... so no, being good is not going to guarantee you wins, i.e. 1500.

Edited by Beltane

One good player is not going to make the team win... so no, being good is not going to guarantee you wins, i.e. 1500.

This. Yolo queue is more a matter of not having the weakest link and it's always lottery, which makes the gametype terribly boring.

I've played the hardcore playlist in numerous games and Arena in Swtor is by far the one playlist where carrying a team is the hardest. And that's without taking into account class balance, which makes it even more of a nightmare. If you for instance get three crappy sages and the other team is getting three maras it won't matter if those maras are the worst players in the world, they're still going to leap and do a good deal of damage on the sages (which at this point probably are stacked too). 5 seconds later and you're stuck in a 2 vs 4 situation. It's not a FPS, where one good player can kill the entire enemy team.

Then there's the statistical aspect of it. Let's say that you're a really good player, this will statistically decrease the chances of there being other good players on your team. Now, if you're a really good player on ranged you're probably going to get shut down fast. Not because the enemies know you are good but because you are playing sage or sniper. Now you'¨re in a scenario where the good player on your team, you, is taken out of action, while your incompetent team mates won't help you and probably not do any damage to the other team either. As a good player it's significally easier to survive the first encounter on for instance PT because the enemies will most likely go for someone els on your team. So while they do that you have a fair chance of burning someone down and even the odds.

Hey Eric,

I made a post in the pvp forums and might as well post in here. If a player achieve's Tier 1 1500+ rating would he also be rewarded with the other Tiers rewards as well? Mainly the title's and pet if they are different per tier

Sincerely,

Shaide