The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Rebels: Teaser Trailers

Beniboybling

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with that. The first game was fun, but I thought the story reeked of awful fan fiction, even though it was George Lucas approved.

I'd prefer it to be gone, but if it isn't, whatever.

Everything is Lucas approved. Literally everything with "Star Wars" on it needs his signed approval. TFU was never the "real Lucas" story of the origins of the Alliance as it was marketed.

From the Essential Readers Guide.

"The surprising tale and concept for the game received personal approval from George Lucas, but it does not occupy a higher standard of canon than any other Expanded Universe lore. That is, it still exists outside the movies and television series produced by Lucas and would be subordinate to mythology revealed in those media. For example, Lucas's alternate explanation for the roots of the Rebel Alliance appear in season five of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which take precedence over Starkiller's involvement."

Kiss Starkiller goodbye.

Edited by Girdeux

This honestly looks like trash. Now, I was a big, no, HUGE fan of TWC. I watched every episode at least 3 times each. Some good stories and characters there. That doesn't mean that Rebels will suck, but from the cheesy looking animation to the series being produced by Disney and being shown on DISNEY XD just makes it look absolutely awful. The main protagonist sounds like an idiot and looks boring. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I doubt it. The show, considering it's being aired on DISNEY XD, is probably aiming for 8 year olds. I started watching the Clone Wars when I was 8, when they came out in Fall of 2008. Now that was a darn good show. But if I was eight years old right now, I wouldn't be interested in Rebels :eek:. I will watch the first episode to see if it is as bad as my expectations for it are.

I only hope that it will actually be interesting and perhaps introduce some cool characters, like some interesting bounty hunters and Sith. But, who knows? We'll just find out this Fall. :D

*** did they do with the animation? Well it looks like they disneyified it to me with that stupid look they have in all their animated movies. TWC animation actually had texturing where the characters would get dirt on their faces and you could actually tell it was dirt because of the good texturing. This just looks like flat animation as seen in every Disney Pixar movie.

Something to consider is the TCW series was rated TV14 and was aired on Cartoon Network (a network that airs cartoons intended for a more mature audience; the primary demographic was 14-25). OTOH Rebels will probably be rated TVPG and is going to be aired on Disney XD (a network that caters to audiences ages 8-14). So the overall violence of Rebels is going to be toned down. Accept it and get used to it.

That or it will be rated T.V -Y7. So if they tone down the violence does that mean we won't see any more people cutting heads off with awesome lightsaber moves? Dang it! My favorite part was when Savage Opress threw his lightsaber across the table and cut off the heads of all the black sun pirates.

Edited by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

*** did they do with the animation? Well it looks like they disneyified it to me with that stupid look they have in all their animated movies. TWC animation actually had texturing where the characters would get dirt on their faces and you could actually tell it was dirt because of the good texturing. This just looks like flat animation as seen in every Disney Pixar movie.

Sure, TCW would have good dirt texture and stuff, but it also had noses and fingers that looked like string cheese. I loved TCW's animation but it was not perfect. Besides, "that stupid look they have in all their animated movies" isn't all that stupid; Frozen and Tangled had wonderful animation. And who says there won't be good dirt texture and the like in this style, too?

Sure, TCW would have good dirt texture and stuff, but it also had noses and fingers that looked like string cheese. I loved TCW's animation but it was not perfect. Besides, "that stupid look they have in all their animated movies" isn't all that stupid; Frozen and Tangled had wonderful animation. And who says there won't be good dirt texture and the like in this style, too?

I haven't seen frozen but I do admit that tangled's animation was good. I am talking about those ones that look really flat. And I don't really remember any times when their hands looked like string cheese except perhaps a couple in season one.

Edited by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

I haven't seen frozen but I do admit that tangled's animation was good. I am talking about those ones that look really flat. And I don't really remember any times when their hands looked like string cheese except perhaps a couple in season one.

Duchess Satine's nose was very string cheese-esque. Anakin's fingers are pretty string cheesy, too.

Not a fan of that animation type myself, and Personally, I think the trailers have shown it's not going to be anywhere near as Dark as TCW...

If this was TCW, that Stormtrooper would have been shot, not electro-netted.

I was far from a consistent watcher, but, from what I saw, TCW only got darker latter into it's run.

It got better as it got darker.

But when all you get is dark, dark, and more dark, it gets old. It's time to get some good old-fashioned adventurous fun in here with the darkness, and that's what I think Rebels will provide. IMO, Rebels will see the end of the Dark Times and the beginning of the Rebellion's war with the Empire. It will have a much more ANH feel compared to, say, ROTS.