Give DOT Cleanse Protection to Anni Marauders

So-low

Wow, someone used his 2 minute cooldown to neutralize your 10 second cooldown!

Aww... did you just take one of my posts and chop up one little section in an attempt to make a point?

My point is there are instances where you will not even be able to use your main ability. Also, that 2 min cooldown will be back up and the warrior will be dead and in respawn. So that 10 second cooldown is null because he is dead.

There is no reason for this nerf. Damage yeah sure, but the target required is stupid.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, someone used his 2 minute cooldown to neutralize your 10 second cooldown!

This can be pretty devastating in Arenas, where CDs reset every round. Basically, if the team makes sure to kill everyone but the Sentinel on the other team, even if the rest of the team dies the stealther will always defeat the Sentinel, because we will have no abilities to fight back and force them out of stealth (even when not in Smash spec).

This can be pretty devastating in Arenas, where CDs reset every round. Basically, if the team makes sure to kill everyone but the Sentinel on the other team, even if the rest of the team dies the stealther will always defeat the Sentinel, because we will have no abilities to fight back and force them out of stealth (even when not in Smash spec).

Erm....intimidating roard and sweeping slash? I know sweeping slash is a cone, but you do still have options. Not to say I agree with smash requiring a target because I don't, but I'm just saying...

Erm....intimidating roard and sweeping slash? I know sweeping slash is a cone, but you do still have options. Not to say I agree with smash requiring a target because I don't, but I'm just saying...

Awe is a mezz, with much better utility than interrupting caps or popping stealthers out of stealth. I mean, as a last resort in, say a 1v1 tournament, I can imagine using it. But in a wz, I'd much rather save it for a situation where the mezz helps a lot. In Arenas, yeah as a last resort it's good. Still, Sweep has a much lower CD, and I liked it for that.

And Cyclone Slash is useless because you still have to be facing the enemy to do it. You don't know what general direction the stealther went if that's the use you're looking for, and if interrupting, say multiple people capping in a Novare Coast, it's much more useful to be able to interrupt the guy behind you with the AoE and continuing moving towards the next guy who's capping.

I know we have other options, but Sweep was an awesome utility for Sentinels who don't play Focus, and I don't wanna see it nerfed.

Edited by EzioMessi

Awe is a mezz, with much better utility than interrupting caps or popping stealthers out of stealth. I mean, as a last resort in, say a 1v1 tournament, I can imagine using it. But in a wz, I'd much rather save it for a situation where the mezz helps a lot. In Arenas, yeah as a last resort it's good. Still, Sweep has a much lower CD, and I liked it for that.

And Cyclone Slash is useless because you still have to be facing the enemy to do it. You don't know what general direction the stealther went if that's the use you're looking for, and if interrupting, say multiple people capping in a Novare Coast, it's much more useful to be able to interrupt the guy behind you with the AoE and continuing moving towards the next guy who's capping.

I know we have other options, but Sweep was an awesome utility for Sentinels who don't play Focus, and I don't wanna see it nerfed.

I don't either. Hopefully the targeting only applies to rage spec...but that would be giving the interns at BW too much credit I suppose.

Good luck with that super leet strategy

As is you have to be very lucky as a sent to catch any stealther 1v1 if they have half a brain. This change is going to make very little difference for catching stealthers. I find it kind of funny that everyone is so up in arms about the requiring a target thing when it will make very little difference. The only time it could hurt is if the target vanishes as you smash/force sweep and this allows them to avoid the damage. That's almost the only time you would pull a stealther out with this anyways, and you can accomplish the same thing with Cyclone assuming you can point yourself in the right direction. I think the damage nerf is too much but raging about this part of the change, especially before we really know how it will work, is a bit premature.

As is you have to be very lucky as a sent to catch any stealther 1v1 if they have half a brain. This change is going to make very little difference for catching stealthers. I find it kind of funny that everyone is so up in arms about the requiring a target thing when it will make very little difference.

My Main is a jug not a mara, so there is no stealth out of combat, "super bubble", or any veriant. I will have no way of breaking a stealth out if a vanish happens.

The only time it could hurt is if the target vanishes as you smash/force sweep and this allows them to avoid the damage. That's almost the only time you would pull a stealther out with this anyways, and you can accomplish the same thing with Cyclone assuming you can point yourself in the right direction. I think the damage nerf is too much but raging about this part of the change, especially before we really know how it will work, is a bit premature.

Yes "assuming" The AOE should not require a target. Get off it. It is an unneeded nerf.

As I said nerf the damage because of QQ fine. But nobody cried because they wanted them to have a lock on a target in order to use it.

So not only did the damage get nerfed but so did the usefulness of the ability itself. And it was not just nerfed in 1 spec but all knight and warrior classes, even tanks.

People are highly underrating the nerf to this spec.

Aww... did you just take one of my posts and chop up one little section in an attempt to make a point?

Yes, because it's just idiotic, and just shows you were grasping at straws.

My point is there are instances where you will not even be able to use your main ability. Also, that 2 min cooldown will be back up and the warrior will be dead and in respawn. So that 10 second cooldown is null because he is dead.

There is no reason for this nerf. Damage yeah sure, but the target required is stupid.

Most abilities in this game require a target, even some AOEs.

P.S. go back to your trainer and pick this up: http://www.torhead.com/ability/bcExtNK/sweeping-slash

My Main is a jug not a mara, so there is no stealth out of combat, "super bubble", or any veriant. I will have no way of breaking a stealth out if a vanish happens.

Yes "assuming" The AOE should not require a target. Get off it. It is an unneeded nerf.

As I said nerf the damage because of QQ fine. But nobody cried because they wanted them to have a lock on a target in order to use it.

So not only did the damage get nerfed but so did the usefulness of the ability itself. And it was not just nerfed in 1 spec but all knight and warrior classes, even tanks.

People are highly underrating the nerf to this spec.

I play both a focus guardian and a combat sent and I just don't see this being as big a deal as some are making it out to be. It is a nerf, but not a major one for my sent. For the guardian it hurts a bit, but it just means you have to be darn sure to have force exhaustion ticking on a stealther if you are fighting them alone, and otherwise you have to depend on your team. It's not like force sweep/smash was really useful for catching a stealther unless you used it the moment they vanished, or got very lucky against a nearly brain dead opponent. I understand you not liking this, but I think it will be forgotten a week or two after the patch goes in.

Yes, because it's just idiotic, and just shows you were grasping at straws.

You condescending twerp.

Most abilities in this game require a target, even some AOEs.

I mean OMG did you really say that?

Wrong. Most AOEs in fact, do not require a target. Overload, lighting storm, flamethrower, plasma cannon, orbital strike, DFA, flame sweep, carbonize, Jet boost, sweeping blasters, Suppressive Fire, cover pulse, plasma probe, forcequake, Force in balance, on and on and on. Even grenades do not require a target.

Perhaps you should sit this one out?

P.S. go back to your trainer and pick this up: http://www.torhead.com/ability/bcExtNK/sweeping-slash

PS... you have to be FACING THE TARGET to use that ability and it be effective. Or you waste force and hit nothing

>>NEWS FLASH<<

Stealth openers require your enemy not to be facing you....

Its a needless nerf.

To say otherwise is just being ignorant.

You condescending twerp.

True that.

Wrong. Most AOEs in fact, do not require a target. Overload, lighting storm, flamethrower, plasma cannon, orbital strike, DFA, flame sweep, carbonize, Jet boost, sweeping blasters, Suppressive Fire, cover pulse, plasma probe, forcequake, Force in balance, on and on and on. Even grenades do not require a target.

I wrote some AOEs, not all AOEs

PS... you have to be FACING THE TARGET to use that ability and it be effective. Or you waste force and hit nothing

Oh my, you have to actually have to face your target, such injustice that they force you to look at your monitor while playing, against 2 classes using their 2 minute cooldowns.

>>NEWS FLASH<<

Stealth openers require your enemy not to be facing you....

Newsflash for you, they do require a target.

Edited by anwg

Dot protection isn't what annihilation spec needs. Annihilation spec needs more damage, and it's self healing back. It's top end DPS isn't as high as carnage's (without the double relic proc, annihilation parses lower than carnage, and annihilation spec has a long ramp up time). Annihilation spec should be doing about 5% more damage than carnage spec, and it does not. It actually does about 5% less damage than carnage spec. Annihilation spec should be doing around 4100 DPS (concealment operative can do 41-4200 DPS). Annihilation spec is currently parsing around 3650 DPS.

The Bioware devs have said that annihilation spec is supposed to be sentinel's highest DPS spec, yet it hasn't been ever since patch 2.0 (excluding the double relic proc).

Annihilation spec needs it's self healing back, because unlike rage and carnage specs, annihilation has no passive damage taken reduction stuff other than burns reducing damage dealt by a target (note: a target, which means that if a sniper is hitting a marauder from 30 meters away, the sniper probably does not have the damage dealt debuff on him).

I will quote this post for agreement.

The discussion seems to be getting away from the core issues regarding Annihilation... It simply needs more damage (or alternatively, more survivability with its self-heals) to be useful in group PVP.

Anni/Watchman lacks killing potential. You cant create enough pressure by having to use 3 attacks to stack up your deadly saber dot. The ramp up takes to much time, and after you have "ramped" up it doesnt give enough burst to make up for it.

I used to love playing that specc back in the day, but the damage doesnt seem to have scaled properly with the increased health pools.

They are nerfing smash to hell and not everyone wants to be pigeon-holed into play the RNG Carnage spec (I do fine as this spec but don't like RNG specs).

So give DOT protection to Anni Marauders/Watchman Sents to make them viable for PvP - specifically Arenas.

Sign here if you agree

After grinding a Sentinel and a Marauder now in the past month (for the first time in my 2 years playing this class), I can say that OF ALL THE CLASSES that should have gotten the ''dots are uncleareable'' buff that they gave sorcs, nnhilation Mara and Watchman Sent should have been on the top of that list.

But I dont think that alone would help that spec. I think the action management is just too insane on Annhiltion/ watchman. I'll be the first to tell you that of the 13x Level 55s I have in min maxed pvp gear that i play on, my sent and mara are not my best toons haha. But I think what really kills the spec is the fact that the top box ability costs that much action. Its way too much. And the bottom tier 1 box that refunds one focus after using it is NICE, but it really should read "reduces it by 1 focus" not "redunds it by 1 focus". A simple little change like that would go a long way.

Combat Sent/Carnage Mara can also run into action management issues, but i feel its more enjoyable to play than watchman. Mostly for the infinite group runs. Those are fun!

And honestly, while I utterly hate playing smash. Smash Mara/Sent honestly feels the smoothest to play of all 3 specs. Basically because you have so much action in that stance/spec that you're basically free to do what you want. You don't have to worry about using X before Y and Z before X . Nor have to worry about RNG.

Annihilation/Watchman needs a little more TLC than JUST the ''uncleanseable DoTs." Though I think they SHOULD have that for sure, yes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.