The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

For you sorcs complaining about force management for madness

warstory

Alacrity is meant to be Force-neutral, not Force-positive.

It speeds up your regen, yes, but it also speeds up your actions by the same amount, so the only way it gets to be Force-positive is if you're not doing anything.

And even then, we spend several hundred points just to get around 7%...

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Even when your statement is COMPLETE folly (as stated above, alacrity also increases your cast speed so the increased energy regen is negated) let's assume it's correct.

We'd be the only class and spec that has to completely gimp itself statwise (no surge) in order to function? And even with so much alacrity we'd still run out of force ridiculously fast. Fair? No.

Please go back to your badcave badman.

Edited by Aerilas

If you're force negative, stacking alacrity will actually only speed up the drop ...

I rarely run out of force, but it doesn't mean force management is good if I can't afford more than 3 forcequakes/lightning storms or a few bubbles on a bossfight. Similar in pvp, I just adapted the playstyle around the force issues. No one's saying you'll run out of force if you're being conservative, but you're pretty limited, especially if harassed for prolonged periods.

Ask those top madness players what they stack and why they don't have the issues u guys r having with resources alacrity and power , try it then if I am wrong cone back here and conplain

You have zero idea what you are talking about. Surge will ALWAYS be better than alacrity, even the diminishing returns from surge is better than alacrity. Your alacrity should be at zero. If a player claims to be a top madness player and is stacking alacrity I would seriously question whether he is actually a top madness player.

Plz stop it...

stack alacrity, your welcome

*you're

Edited by Lugosi

every top sorc might spec a little differently and mod differently depending on what feels right to them and what comp they play.

i can tell you that mudclot and i run 25% crit, 70% surge, and 6% alacrity since the 4% buff is almost always on if you're playing madness correctly. 10% alacrity gives 1 extra force every 3 ticks and also makes reapplying dots much quicker (try it, 10% is very noticeable).

also, the best part about running 25% crit and 6% alacrity...bonus damage is still bolstered over 1400 in a wz/arena =)

I personally run this for PVP :eek:

Crit / Alacrity (69-70 surge) for Madness - 2 set Fmasters and 2 set Fmysitc

Power / Surge / plus 1 alacrity enhancement for hybrid (0/30/16) - 4 set Stalker

Power / Surge / plus 1 alacrity enhancement for Lightning - I prefer the 4 set Stalker

Take it or leave it <3

I personally run this for PVP :eek:

Crit / Alacrity (69-70 surge) for Madness - 2 set Fmasters and 2 set Fmysitc

Power / Surge / plus 1 alacrity enhancement for hybrid (0/30/16) - 4 set Stalker

Power / Surge / plus 1 alacrity enhancement for Lightning - I prefer the 4 set Stalker

Take it or leave it <3

1 question. How much crit do you run with in madness? (rating not %)

Alacrity does have use in madness. It's for Telekinetic throw. It's called balance on the jedi side. And there is a reason for it! 8)

The majority of your attacks are instant but you can us the alacrity for all the time your instants aren't being cast over 18+ seconds while you are using that cast time spell. You have to consider realistically what your rotation is. And you have alot of cast time spells happening. At least 50%. And it does raise your dps if you chart rotations. That is why they give the Alacrity bonuses. Madness is built on the mix.

Plus TKThrow is your regen spell so it does do all of those return resources procs. I used to run high alacrity with a hybrid Balance/Telekinetic. You can get som insane regen.

Plus I think you can get as much DPS from power/alacrity as you can from crit/surge or an other stat focuses. The balance spec doesn't vary that much unless I'm missing the significants. It's pretty well rounded. I think anything you choose more in gives some benefit. You either regen force with alacrity, Heal with crit, or damage with power. And they are not that far off from each other in overal DPS. Unless those small numbers add up that much. but I doubt that is an issue period when you are talking max level OP gear or anything like it.

Edit: someone said alacrity is neutral. It's not neutral in a balance/madness spec. It has multiple procs for regen. It absolutely regens from Telekinetic throw. It's the point of the spell besides filling in DPS while your other spells are on timers.

What you need to do is accurately chart the exact rotation on a spread sheet and figure out every factor of everything you are doing and see what you want. I think picking stat focus in balance/madness is more of a matter of picking utility than it is damage. There is some benefit to each choice in various ways that will help out in a group fight.

Old Formulas <The list of damage/healing is not what you need for base health to calculate spell damge. It is the base health added in your defense sheet that is added to the results of your endurance stat. This must be found or calculated.

Updated formulas

http://www.torhead.com/ Coeficient and Standard Health Percentage multipliers are in the details of each spell if you click the details option and look through it!

A hint to make rotations easier to calculate. Use their base spell cast time for the rotation and always turn alacrity into a multiplier. Just make sure not to apply it where it is not appropriate!

Edited by Aital

Speaking for PVE

If someone has 70% Surge, 4% Alacrity, I cant imagnie their Accuracy is at 110% for force attacks which is what you need in order to never be resisted by an Operation Boss.

Definitely not speaking about pve lol

also, the best part about running 25% crit and 6% alacrity...bonus damage is still bolstered over 1400 in a wz/arena =)

My conq + lvl 45 mods sage has 1465 bonus damage with 73 % surge, +25 % crit and 4 % alacrity so someone with 6 % alacrity should be able to be in the same range, seeing how you just trade power/surge enh. for power/alacrity enh. That's with one obroan + matrix relic so I guess the matricx cube brings it up a bit.

Edited by MidichIorian

My conq + lvl 45 mods sage has 1465 bonus damage with 73 % surge, +25 % crit and 4 % alacrity so someone with 6 % alacrity should be able to be in the same range, seeing how you just trade power/surge enh. for power/alacrity enh. That's with one obroan + matrix relic so I guess the matricx cube brings it up a bit.

i don't bolster. my e-honor and e-pride don't allow me. but yes, with the blue mods you can get higher. i also don't use the matrix cube

i don't bolster. my e-honor and e-pride don't allow me. but yes, with the blue mods you can get higher. i also don't use the matrix cube
It's my backup sage so the choice of lvl 45's and matrix cube was more a matter of saving comms. My main sage is in full min/max Obroan and with 2 x Obroan relics. She's maxed out on comms though so she'll have to sit on the sideline until the new set drops (can't be arsed with juggling PvP weapons). If I compare the two I'm not noticing any difference. There might be a slight mathematical difference but since no game is exactly the same it's hard to tell if playing with the other sage would have made any difference.

In general I'd say that sage probably is the one class where gear makes the least difference.

Edited by MidichIorian

It's my backup sage so the choice of lvl 45's and matrix cube was more a matter of saving comms. My main sage is in full min/max Obroan and with 2 x Obroan relics. She's maxed out on comms though so she'll have to sit on the sideline until the new set drops (can't be arsed with juggling PvP weapons). If I compare the two I'm not noticing any difference. There might be a slight mathematical difference but since no game is exactly the same it's hard to tell if playing with the other sage would have made any difference.

In general I'd say that sage probably is the one class where gear makes the least difference.

yeah, i mean i've tried every spec and gear setup you can think of. whether crit/ala or power/surge, it really all evens out in the end. it mostly comes down to what feels right. and anyone who plays a sorc/sage knows when it feels like they have the right mix of damage, defense, burst, etc. the only things i actually notice from crit/ala is that it feels like i can reapply dots faster and i notice i have a bit more force than before. i can throw out a couple extra shocks or lightning strike wrath procs

also, i don't fault you for bolstering at this point on a fresh toon. min/max gearing is such a *****, especially when i'm working on alts 8 and 9. i also don't do the weapon thing but i'm seriously considering stockpiling the 800 ranked/400 reg mods lol