Let the F2P and preferred post in the Forum too

TrinLartag

I think tht it is very unfair that only the subscripted players can post on the forum, but not the F2P and preferred. Why not? I'm sure that the F2P and preferred want to talk and write about things too. Especially if they got a bug or something. It isn't quite fair that you need to call the costum service just because of a bug or you're wondering something about the game itself! Let them write it here!

I think tht it is very unfair that only the subscripted players can post on the forum, but not the F2P and preferred. Why not? I'm sure that the F2P and preferred want to talk and write about things too. Especially if they got a bug or something. It isn't quite fair that you need to call the costum service just because of a bug or you're wondering something about the game itself! Let them write it here!

Define fair. This is a service that I pay for. They do not pay. Could you expand on why you think that is unfair? It sounds a lot like commerce to me. There are plenty of things that I want in life, but if I don't pay for them, I don't expect to receive them.

All the F2P vs subs things are supposed to be annoying. That's the point. It's encouraging you to sub and actually pay for the game. F2P have never contributed a single penny to the game, so of course they miss out on some things. BW aren't running a charity here. F2P is a promotion to show you the game so that you can choose to sub. Otherwise you are basically on a trial version forever.

tl:dr No, they can sub like the rest of us.

No. You want to post then sub like the rest of us. Besides, BW does not have the resources to have 24 hour mods to petrol the preferred forums if they were to exist.

No pay, no say. Forum for subs only.

I have to agree. If people want subscriber perks, they should become subscribers. Simple as that. :)

And I have to ask: What exactly would be the benefit for Bioware to take away one of the few perks left to subscribers? :rolleyes:

When I'm in Preferred Status I post like I'm posting in subsctription status. No difference there.

Therefore I wonder why Preferred Ones need an own, "heavily moderated" forum as well ? To make sure that - cynically speaking - Subscribers and the filthy rest don't meet one another ?

No pay, no say. Forum for subs only.

This is typical Eliticist thinking to me.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Despite what some may say, you need to pay in order to post on the forums. Whether that is a bonus feature or not, the bottome line is: $15/month=Posting.

Preferred has bought something, so maybe allow them to have limited access? Maybe the class forums and general forums?

You know that a call to UK from Norway costs. It isn't just like not-need-pay- talk. Besides, those players that are F2P, maybe they don't play a much as some of you guys does. Why should he be subscripted then? It is a waste of money.

Like me, a 15-years-old player, I have pay for my 60-days subscription for around 200 norwegian kroner for it (which is around 19 UK punds). And I pay it with my own money. It is a lot for me to pay just for 60-days! Don't even talk about paying it for 1 year!

I love the game a lot, but it will be great if all the players that are either preferred or F2P have some rights, if not all the rights as a sub has.

You know that a call to UK from Norway costs. It isn't just like not-need-pay- talk. Besides, those players that are F2P, maybe they don't play a much as some of you guys does. Why should he be subscripted then? It is a waste of money.

Like me, a 15-years-old player, I have pay for my 60-days subscription for around 200 norwegian kroner for it (which is around 19 UK punds). And I pay it with my own money. It is a lot for me to pay just for 60-days! Don't even talk about paying it for 1 year!

I love the game a lot, but it will be great if all the players that are either preferred or F2P have some rights, if not all the rights as a sub has.

I understand and respect your viewpoint, but if the F2P players were allowed to post, you know the trolling/spam will be increased significantly.

Now if there were a post limit before F2P players could post, that could turn away some trolls and/or spammers.

For example:

F2P - Limited to new players section.

After 50 posts made - Access to Class forums.

After 100 posts made - Access to Community Forums

After 150 posts made - Access to PVP forums

After 200 posts made - Access to All forums

After 250 posts made - Access to start threads

This might be extreme, but most trolls and spammers wouldn't take the time to make 250 posts before allowed to make threads.

I understand and respect your viewpoint, but if the F2P players were allowed to post, you know the trolling/spam will be increased significantly.

Now if there were a post limit before F2P players could post, that could turn away some trolls and/or spammers.

For example:

F2P - Limited to new players section.

After 50 posts made - Access to Class forums.

After 100 posts made - Access to Community Forums

After 150 posts made - Access to PVP forums

After 200 posts made - Access to All forums

After 250 posts made - Access to start threads

This might be extreme, but most trolls and spammers wouldn't take the time to make 250 posts before allowed to make threads.

Can a F2P post now actually? It is long time since I was a F2P and it was long time since I try to post here when I was a F2P.

And yes, I too agreed that the preferred should be able to post in the forum.

Edited by TrinLartag

Can a F2P post now actually? It is long time since I was a F2P and it was long time since I try to post here when I was a F2P.

And yes, I too agreed that the preferred should be able to post in the forum.

Not sure. All I know is that I tried F2P for 10 mins, then immediately subbed again.

No way am I playing F2P ever again lol.

Your age has NOTHING to do with it. The point still stands if you want the same rights as a sub then sub. We all pay for a product, so why should that money go to a person who doesn't pay?

Given the disgusting things I have seen people spam for -hours- on the fleet, I see trolls having no qualms at all "wasting time" to get 250 posts to be able to troll "regular" forums like a prior post suggested. Free to play opens too many doors to people missing moral compases

Your age has NOTHING to do with it. The point still stands if you want the same rights as a sub then sub. We all pay for a product, so why should that money go to a person who doesn't pay?

Why in God's name should I pay for 60-days sub just to tell a mod that there is a bug or something else wrong in the game?! Pluss, what about those players that doesn't spend as much time as you do on the game? What's the point for them to sub?! It is a waste of money!

If you guys are not on board about let the F2P write on the forum, then fine with me. Everybody got a different type of taste. But at least let the preferreds do so. If I want spam, I got plenty of other forums that I can spam on. For instanc: Jedi Council Forum. It is a lot more fun to spam there and here, that's for sure! (But I'm not the spamming type....so....)

Why in God's name should I pay for 60-days sub just to tell a mod that there is a bug or something else wrong in the game?! Pluss, what about those players that doesn't spend as much time as you do on the game? What's the point for them to sub?! It is a waste of money!

That's what Customer Service --no, not the sub-forum, the department of BioWare that you phone or e-mail-- and the "Support" link under "My SWTOR" are for.

After 2 years I've gone from being Sub to Pref, I have 0 restrictions on forums as of yet and I've been Pref now about 3 months (I know I browsed the forums I normally do and sent messages etc) Maybe when you buy a pack etc I guess it boosts you up in Pref so you can use the forums, or maybe it was cause I was a previous Sub who knows, but yeah, I've always been under the impression that Prefs can use the forums like Subs, but I agree if F2P wanna use them, they have to pay