Is SWTOR the pariah of MMOs?

Lium

You do realize this game is a laughing stock to the rest of the MMO community, do you not? Go in GW2 and lots of ppl will talk **** about this game n how it flopped.

You do realize that people playing one game tend to talk down other games? Whenever other games are in beta or get released (including GW2), I see plenty of people in chat talking about how bad those games are and how they quickly got bored of the game or left SWTOR for 2 weeks and then came back. If you're worried about what other gamers think of the game you like to play, then it's time to grow a spine.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, you are more clueless then the people who actually play WoW.

1. It's Blizzard.

2. WoW is dumbed down as it can be. Dumb downed games appeal to the most people, hence why niche games remain niche.

3. After a while people have a hard time leaving once they invested so much time and money into it. Especially if they made friends in it.

I could go on but it would be wasted on you.

So it has nothing to do with the fact that the game is a good game, and brings a lot to the table for the players eh?

Some people will argue anything just to not admit to something.

2. WoW is dumbed down as it can be. Dumb downed games appeal to the most people, hence why niche games remain niche..

If that were true with game play dumber and easier than wow and an ip that rivals the notoriety of Jesus swtor should have sub numbers in the hundreds of millions..

If that were true with game play dumber and easier than wow and an ip that rivals the notoriety of Jesus swtor should have sub numbers in the hundreds of millions..

Except the game is just WoW with a star wars skin for the most part. Why should WoW players leave for another game and start all over without their friends?

Idiots....

So it has nothing to do with the fact that the game is a good game, and brings a lot to the table for the players eh?

Some people will argue anything just to not admit to something.

Lmao, WoW a good game. What a joke you are on every level.

Lmao, WoW a good game. What a joke you are on every level.

And oddly they have millions of subscribers still after all these years, and is one of the last remaining MMOs on the market which hasn't been forced to move towards a Free to Play model to support their game.

I'll bet you think Amazon is just some crappy online shopping portal that no one likes either eh?

And oddly they have millions of subscribers still after all these years, and is one of the last remaining MMOs on the market which hasn't been forced to move towards a Free to Play model to support their game.

I'll bet you think Amazon is just some crappy online shopping portal that no one likes either eh?

LOL, ty for showing everyone how pathetic and lack of brains WoW defenders are.

Nice strawman.

But hey, keep on defending the most dumb downed MMO game ever, one that also ruined the entire genre. Just like CoD did with FPS.

You would jump off a bridge if a bunch of people did it. You = joke.

No it's objectively bad.

As Spock would say, "Illogical, given the current evidence."

I don't play WoW, but know enough of the financial reports to say that it can't be objectively bad if it still has as many subs as it does and still rakes in the amount of money that it does and still puts out the large expansions that it does.

I personally find Halo to be over rated, but I cannot deny that it is one of the best selling game series of all time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

LOL, ty for showing everyone how pathetic and lack of brains WoW defenders are.

Nice strawman.

But hey, keep on defending the most dumb downed MMO game ever, one that also ruined the entire genre. Just like CoD did with FPS.

You would jump off a bridge if a bunch of people did it. You = joke.

Alright Mr. Mensa, let's hear your brilliant list of 'good' mmos.

Ready, Go!

(This should be rich)

As Spock would say, "Illogical, given the current evidence."

I don't play WoW, but know enough of the financial reports to say that it can't be objectively bad if it still has as many subs as it does and still rakes in the amount of money that it does and still puts out the large expansions that it does.

I personally find Halo to be over rated, but I cannot deny that it is one of the best selling game series of all time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So CoD is the best game ever then based on that logic.

Again, you people would jump off a bridge if a bunch of people did it.

So CoD is the best game ever then based on that logic.

To a lot of people, it is. People don't continue to play something if they don't like it. Personally, I stopped playing the series after MW2. But I cannot deny that CoD has pretty much destroyed most of the competition.

My opinion and yours matter little in this instance; bad games don't last for 10 years and make billions if people find them bad.

Edited by agamemnon-

ah.

you are one of them MMO hipsters.

which begs the question - if wow and post wow games are too mainstream for you... why are you here?

becasue... you know, those pre wow MMO's.. some of them are still actively running.

Now an ad hominem appears!

Nice, was wondering how long it would take for you guys to use other logical fallacies. Only took a few hours.

A game can be good and not interest me.

And I play SW:TOR because of what Bioware was marketing about SW:TOR all this time, story. Had they just made KOTOR 3 they wouldn't have had to deal with the game losing money for quite a while like SW:TOR did. But this concept is too much for you guys to understand it seems.

To a lot of people, it is. People don't continue to play something if they don't like it. Personally, I stopped playing the series after MW2. But I cannot deny that CoD has pretty much destroyed most of the competition.

My opinion and yours matter little in this instance; bad games don't last for 10 years and make billions if people find them bad.

My opinion is actually fact. And CoD has destroyed nothing except the FPS genre.

Again, you people would jump off a bridge if you saw a bunch of people doing it.

My opinion is actually fact. And CoD has destroyed nothing except the FPS genre.

And yet WoW continues to survive so your opinion isn't fact. Bad products don't survive as people find said products to be bad. And whether CoD has destroyed the FPS genre is irrelevant; the series is a critical and financial success and continue to be played.

Again, you people would jump off a bridge if you saw a bunch of people doing it.

So anyone that doesn't agree with you is a lemming?

And yet WoW continues to survive so your opinion isn't fact. Bad products don't survive as people find said products to be bad. And whether CoD has destroyed the FPS genre is irrelevant; the series is a critical and financial success and continue to be played.

So anyone that doesn't agree with you is a lemming?

And yet WoW constantly loses subs, it has now at nearly half of the amount of subs they had 2-3 years ago. It has one quick gain of 200k subs, in a few months those will certainly be lost and then some more on top of it.

That is a massive lost of money they would have normally gotten. And yes bad products can survive for a long time. And yes it is quite relevant that CoD ruined the entire FPS genre. Battlefield has the same success. Not as much, but still quite a bit.

And yes, you guys are lemmings. You keep on saying it's popular therefore it's good. If jumping off a bridge to your death somehow became popular, would that also been good to do?

If you say no then you counter your entire argument that popular = good.

Oh boy, you guys can't even use Google, or you're still a little kid if you don't remember any of them.

you know you are hilarious. and hypocritical, since you are flinging ad hominem insults left and right in practically every reply.

and if there's something in SWTOR you genuinely enjoy, enough to stay subscribed to it? then it must not be such a bad game, yes, even to your oh so particular tastes.

no popular =/= good anymore then niche = better. however, often times things become popular becasue they are good, becasue enough people find them appealing. so... popular =/= bad not is mainstream=bad, either, mkay?

you know. I can't stand girlscout cookies. they just don't work for my taste palate. like at all. but I know plenty of people who love the hell out of them stocking up whenever they have a chance. they genuinely love the taste and think its the best thing since sliced bread. it doesn't make them lemmings. it doesn't objectively make girl scout cookies bad, just because i don't like the way they taste. your opinion on what's good or bad? is merely your opinion. it is NOT by any means a fact.

Actually these are all answers someone gives who's afraid to give their own opinion because they fear having their opinion criticized.

So give us just one.

I'm not going to waste my time because I know the pathetic argument you guys will use next.

Pretty much it will be "it wasn't as popular as WoW therefore they weren't better."