Is it true the devs will only get 80% of their salary this month?

Verain

while I have not experienced this myself, I feel your pain, gunship users

I've never had the issue on a gunship. With their reach I can normally nail one shot on someone not engaged.

I actually have the hardest time on a bomber or strike in TDM. A typical example was: my team won a dogfight. I got two kills during that, and then had a guy in a "turn fight" with me, trying his hardest not to get hit by me (he didn't) for like twenty seconds. Eventually he tried to escape, at which point a friendly gunship ended him (he left his cover).

Tab revealed a scout at 40k, but I was OOM, so I went to snag a missile recharge (weapon overcharge yellow powerup). Just as a did an enemy scout engaged me. I boosted, turned, and came at him with my copilot ability active, but he disto fielded, and none of my shots connected. With disto down, he boosted away. I boosted after, and we had another fun turn fight, during which I was flagged for non participate. I boosted away again and landed missiles and some shots, which unflagged me, and shortly thereafter got the kill.

For this little incident- definitely less than 10 seconds, and maybe less than 5 of the flag- I lost hundreds of req.

Totally derp.

Edited by Verain

you should learn to contribute more.

all while in combat. I got a video on the bomber, whilst I was filming a minelayer video, that shows me getting flagged several time WHILE IN COMBAT. Don't believe me? Here. if you look at the chat window and my comments, you see it happen several times, either the not contributing message or afk, and I was mvp that match too so I was very much contributing

Edited by Sangrar

I have never gotten this message once, regardless of ship I'm flying. And my rewards have all been the standard 1k+.

Quotes like this show that it is bugged.

Sucks when you're guarding a node.

It won't flag you while guarding a node. Except, of course when it does. Because it's bugged!

Also: I do not believe bomber rail or missile hits count.

The bomber drones and mines might not? Railguns definitely do, as I have unflagged with one before. But , since it is bugged AND awful, I bet you've seen it not work.

all while in combat. I got a video on the bomber, whilst I was filming a minelayer video, that shows me getting flagged several time WHILE IN COMBAT. Don't believe me? Here. if you look at the chat window and my comments, you see it happen several times, either the not contributing message or afk, and I was mvp that match too so I was very much contributing

Thank you for posting video so we can check it out and see what's happening.

Here's my thoughts:

1. You spend a lot of time flying around a neutral satellite. Capping a Sat is an action in the system, staying in cap-range of a captured sat' is considered an action in the system, but PREVENTING a cap, while incredibly useful to the team and the correct strategy (good work btw), it is NOT considered to be contributing to the game because.... reasons.

2. While preventing caps, you rely heavily on your mines and not your blasters at all. Getting a hit in with your blasters every now in then will not only prevent your enemy ships from regenerating shields unless they are spec'd for it, but it will also count as an action by the system. So yes, I know you want to just hide out there and prevent caps and mine up. I know your blasters are probably the last thing you are upgrading on your bomber and they make a loud noise to announce your location and draw a dash'd line to your exact location. But Bioware would like you to get more shots off.

Additionally, dropping mines that get shot before doing damage is not considered an action by the system, so that's in there while you're at the neutral sat'.

Thank you for posting video so we can check it out and see what's happening.

Here's my thoughts:

1. You spend a lot of time flying around a neutral satellite. Capping a Sat is an action in the system, staying in cap-range of a captured sat' is considered an action in the system, but PREVENTING a cap, while incredibly useful to the team and the correct strategy (good work btw), it is NOT considered to be contributing to the game because.... reasons.

2. While preventing caps, you rely heavily on your mines and not your blasters at all. Getting a hit in with your blasters every now in then will not only prevent your enemy ships from regenerating shields unless they are spec'd for it, but it will also count as an action by the system. So yes, I know you want to just hide out there and prevent caps and mine up. I know your blasters are probably the last thing you are upgrading on your bomber and they make a loud noise to announce your location and draw a dash'd line to your exact location. But Bioware would like you to get more shots off.

Additionally, dropping mines that get shot before doing damage is not considered an action by the system, so that's in there while you're at the neutral sat'.

Nice breakdown. You're so smart. The advice is good but Bioware needs to fix this nonsense of being involved in combat, preventing caps, etc. causing you to "no contribute." That said, it's nice that we at least have a mechanism for dealing with AFKers.