Now that Marauders will be nerfed again, are they balanced?

NogueiraA

Rage is no longer going to viable. At all. Half the reason you would consider using rage is because of the pressure it puts on players who are not your immediate target.

let's look at the stats.

The effects of Decimate and Shochwave combine for an increase in smash damage by 53.3%. Baseline, Smash hits for about 2k damage stimmed wtih obroan gear. Players who aren't targeted will not receive an automatic crit from building 3 stacks. Add to that the 30% baseline reduction of aoe attacks some specs have you're looking at about 1350k to all targets who aren't targeted. Thats essentially no damage. What they've done is taken an AOE attack, made it single target, given it the drawbacks of single target attacks such as direct targeting, and kept all of the drawbacks of and aoe attack as well, like a 30% bl reduction in damage.

soo carnage.

But carnage sucks is because it's a frantic button mashing fest where you're trying to line up all your attacks is a 4.5 second window. Not to mention the squishyness of the class. Add to that all the stuns, roots, in this game and playing it in any other setting than with a full tank and healer is a nightmare.

The irony is that good players aren't afraid at all of smash marauders. It's the dweeby little bads that make up the majority that whine and squeal trying to make bioware build them a game where they'll win all the time. Never going to happen. Not because bioware isnt willing to nerf anything anytime if enough people whine but because these players inherently don't win in pvp.

Imo this is just a little more fun sucked out of the game.

The irony is that good players aren't afraid at all of smash marauders. It's the dweeby little bads that make up the majority that whine and squeal trying to make bioware build them a game where they'll win all the time. Never going to happen. Not because bioware isnt willing to nerf anything anytime if enough people whine but because these players inherently don't win in pvp.

Imo this is just a little more fun sucked out of the game.

Yes, and these little whiners bads are mostly sorcs, sins and mercs. With buff static barrier for sorcs there will be 5-6/8 sorcs in each warzone after 2.7.

Rage is no longer going to viable. At all. Half the reason you would consider using rage is because of the pressure it puts on players who are not your immediate target.

let's look at the stats.

The effects of Decimate and Shochwave combine for an increase in smash damage by 53.3%. Baseline, Smash hits for about 2k damage stimmed wtih obroan gear. Players who aren't targeted will not receive an automatic crit from building 3 stacks. Add to that the 30% baseline reduction of aoe attacks some specs have you're looking at about 1350k to all targets who aren't targeted. Thats essentially no damage. What they've done is taken an AOE attack, made it single target, given it the drawbacks of single target attacks such as direct targeting, and kept all of the drawbacks of and aoe attack as well, like a 30% bl reduction in damage.

^This. RIP Smash LOL

Yes, and these little whiners bads are mostly sorcs, sins and mercs. With buff static barrier for sorcs there will be 5-6/8 sorcs in each warzone after 2.7.

I ll try to accept 2 smashers hits, force crash, chock and vicious throws with chinese stoicism and remain silent and graceful. Until 2.7 at least :D

People think carnage is bad just because they think gore ravage is the only burst when it very clearly isn't. They also do not know the ins and outs of the gore reset + how effective it is if you know how to manage it. Also alot of the smash "PROS" that switch over to carnage are worthless at wtaching for the procs and pop off force screams without the proc like.. nobody elses business.. It takes a little while to get that down when you've had ez mode smash..

It also takes a bit of effort to watch for procs and to manage your gore reset properly.. when i play carnage every-time i get stunned through i usually have a gore reset ready to go straight after... or at least very soon after...:D (i have however played this spec for a long time since 2.0 was released pretty much... apart from a small time i did smash for 8v8 rwz and such)

Edited by AngusFTW

People think carnage is bad just because they think gore ravage is the only burst when it very clearly isn't. They also do not know the ins and outs of the gore reset + how effective it is if you know how to manage it. Also alot of the smash "PROS" that switch over to carnage are worthless at wtaching for the procs and pop off force screams without the proc like.. nobody elses business.. It takes a little while to get that down when you've had ez mode smash..

And it is also exactly the same gear Rage -> Carnage. There is no further grind like other classes.

Edited by Aetideus

QFT ^^

It's one thing to perfectly time your Precision windows with procs to do maximum damage and end up getting stunned. It's a completely different thing to purposely mistime the first window with no procs, so that the enemy is forced to waste a stun/kb on you before the real damage shows up.

I love playing carnage but for me the auto crit proc is the hardest proc in the game to watch for, I have to stare at my bar and try to distinguish it between fury stacks/predation and other procs cause I am having trouble getting used to it. I loved carnage before 2.0 when you were practically guaranteed a proc after using massacre.

• 2 months later...

"Imo this is just a little more fun sucked out of the game."

Well said. You know BW have no idea what they are doing if they after each expansion nerf a class.

How difficult can it be really. Surely they must know that nerfing a class will upset players. So it should require huge and apparent proof before it should be done.

Looking at the one liners with no explanation in the patch notes nowadays you understand that there can only be one factor that decides if they nerf or buff a class.

Rumours on forums. They don't look at which classes pure PVP guild players chose. They don't look at post pvp fight stats. They don't look at how it will effect the player sentiments once they time and time again nerf a class.

You have programmers/producers with zero social ability skills IRL and zero business experience running the game atm. Not to mention its run from US which means zero international flexibility. It's a sinking ship and they are just trying to milk it as much as possible through cartel coins.

Randomness is the word BW uses when running this game. They probably have "randomness" written in their offices.

I'm not mad at Bioware because they didn't touch PVE.

They could nerf something to the ground for PVP and doing NOTHING to PVE. This is a really improvement :D

What I think they should do is: give a 5sec stun immunity to Carnage, buff Annihilation, dots being internal force damage, more bursty and some talent increasing the critical chance on Annihilate. And sure, bring back the good self heals.

I like the idea of making the bleeds do more damage the more you move. That way when your target tries to run away he bleeds out more, maybe double the crit chance when running? :D

no, just no...

it is even more crap on specs that have 30% damage reduction, and now that smash is being reduced to almost a single target attack, it loses both its aoe ability (cause BW is dumb) and its single target damage (cause theres tons of specs with aoe reduction)

a lot of truth in what you say here, but I'd like to point out that all of that aoe reduction that all those classes have...was added piecemeal because smash cleave was wrecking havoc in every instanced pvp scenario. yes. something was wrong with smash. however, now that it's primarily single target, all that aoe reduction that AP and Deception have, for example, needs to be reexamined. let's not confuse that with smash needs to be jacked back up.

so gutting a class means, nerfing smash? since when....plse ltp other 2 specs, they do qiute well....combat = $$$$ and decent players in watchman = $$$ stop crying for easymode , its gone, learn to actully work for damage now......clowns.