2.6b: Fix The Blackbolt's Folding Wings Already!

Korithras

The Scout with the opened wings IS THE THIRD SCOUT VARIANT. It was never ever supposed to be the blackbolt.

Seriously go to the imp flight deck. Notice that holoprojector scout with the open wings? Notice how it has 4 engines? Notice how the Blackbolt doesn't have four engines?

So the only variation is double the engines... what kind of point is that? The wings clearly look like they should be opened on the blackbolt anyway.

And the wings on the Novadive obviously fold in. In fact the Flashfire is a Novadive with the wings folded. The blackbolt is just the third scout variant with the wings folded.

Hardly the point when you consider the fact that every other instance before now: space missions, cinematics, making a character on imperial side during the character creation screen even, the blackbolt has ALWAYS had the wings deploy when it takes flight. Oh and your four engine variant argument? Invalid since the ships always had two engines before now in every instance and still had their wings deployed. So yeah, make the ships have the wings deployed Bioware. Regardless of components, they're supposed to deploy the foils when they launch.

I have heard somewhere that they had trouble with the game engine on deploying foils while in flight, so they scrapped it. Regardless, this is a way for them to add more ship variants. I very much doubt they would want to fix it at this point.

Hardly the point when you consider the fact that every other instance before now: space missions, cinematics, making a character on imperial side during the character creation screen even, the blackbolt has ALWAYS had the wings deploy when it takes flight. Oh and your four engine variant argument? Invalid since the ships always had two engines before now in every instance and still had their wings deployed. So yeah, make the ships have the wings deployed Bioware. Regardless of components, they're supposed to deploy the foils when they launch.

Except how do you know that all those things where blackbolts? They are more likely the third scout variant. After all they are not labeled.

Edited by Zoom_VI

You'd think that but read the patch notes sometime, they seem to take cosmetics very seriously instead of fixing the actual problems. :p

So please don't take this the wrong way, but if you are trying to get them focused on cosmetics instead of game play issues, then you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this working, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of this mini-game.

Except how do you know that all those things where blackbolts? They are more likely the third scout variant. After all they are not labeled.

You do enough space missions you get a good look at them, trust me. But still, go ahead. Watch the cinematics, the character creation screen, do space missions. You'll see it for yourself.