Whatever happened to the top republic pvp guilds on Ebon Hawk?

RaithHarth

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republic is recruiting and Core is still running regularly. Apex basically plays Imp side most of the time, Game Genie either transferred or plays imp side with the exception of a few folks. There are still a bunch of other very good folks who queue regularly, but that about sums it all up.

<The Core> and <Republic> are playing regularly. They are cool people. Go talk to them if you wanna group pvpz. Apex plays mainly imp side. <Zen> rolls imp more often as well, I think, not sure about that tho.

Dunno what happened to Incon or Team One. They used to be terrifying forces in WZs but don't see them anymore.

Well just saying, the other day I was doing midbie (30+) on my merc, and I saw a jedi consular on the opposite side...

The majority of <Zen> no longer plays the game, the only members still playing are Koenig, Rykeen, char and myself and we know more people on Imp side than we do on pub side so we tend to queue on Imp side more than pub side.

It doesn't help that the majority of the time when we queue pub side we end up grouped with pugs who struggle to break 100k damage, 200-300k healing, won't guard nodes (or call inc when they do guard)....

Edited by alexsamma

...Team One...

1 day of sub remaining. passing our $15 on to games that have >1 employee working on pvp content. might pop in for an odd GSF game here or there but otherwise, we are done. shout out to rubat crystalites that are still around. o7

(and hi raith! sorry to hear pubside sucks now :( miss you and all the old folks. hope you still have things you enjoy in swtor. cya round!)

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu. It's sad to see a nice play leaving. Btw did you read the 2014 road map? Looks like cool content ahead in 2014.

first new warzone in 15 months! hnnnng! exciting, right!?

seriously though... this is what I would have liked to see in the road map:

PVP

• NEW! Kuat Drive Yard (and Dynamic Maps). We are very excited to introduce to you the future of warzone design in Star Wars: The Old Republic. This brand new warzone type has dynamic terrain and objective patterns, with over 200 total combinations that ensure a unique experience on the new KDY map to keep you on your toes! One of our new year's resolutions in 2014 is to release a new Dynamic Warzone or Arena every 4-5 months, and concurrently phasing out our old static warzones and arenas.
  • NEW! Arena Modes. Arenas now have a mode roulette attached to them. Every time you queue into a warzone, it may be the classic 4-life deathmatch, unlimited 7 minute deathmatch, or 10-life deathmatch (i.e. your team has 10 lives to spend. Respawn wisely!). This applies to both the ranked and normal queue.
  • NEW! Open World PVP Dailies. We are working on translating our dynamic map concepts into the open world as well! Look for new objectives every day in our PVP zones (Outlaw's Den and Ilum), as well as a player kills objective. This is a massive project with much more to come, and will be implemented in steps throughout the summer. Look for a PVP team blog post in the beginning of May.
  • NEW! Fleet Dueling Area. Construction crews will begin working round-the-clock on each faction's PVP area to install a special dueling-permitted area! New-Bolster will be active here, so look for its completion when New-Bolster is ready.
  • NEW! Ranked Huttball! We are introducing two new 8v8 huttball maps, and in addition, we are using our new "cross-server" PVP system (gasp! read below!) to bring to you a long-requested feature: the Ranked Huttball League! We will make a dev blog in early June bringing you all the juicy details, straight from Baron Deathmark himself!
  • We realize that our Bolster system has been problematic (perhaps moreso than helpful) and caused headaches for our players and developers alike. We've hired a small team of developers to rework Bolster from scratch and in the meantime, removed bolster from Ranked Arenas (this may be a permanent change). Look for a dev blog next month from the New-Bolster Lead explaining the framework of the new system. We hope to have it implemented by April 1.
  • We are also overhauling CC abilities and resolve to accommodate the new Arena Modes. Look forward to a reduction in stun durations overall, and reshuffling of abilities to better suit how each advanced class plays. These changes will be unique to PVP, much in the way that Force Lift's effects differ if you are in a PVP situation.
  • You may now queue for Solo Ranked and Normal PVP simultaneously.
  • Ranked PVP matches will now count towards PVP dailies.
  • Team Ranked remains a separate queue. However, we will soon be releasing a system on the PTS in which we've created separate Team Ranked Servers to which you will choose to temporarily transfer your team in order to compete with teams from different servers! Fleet has been modified to include leaderboard terminals, as well as a screen with a live listing of which teams are currently on the Team Ranked Server!
  • Ranked Season 1 rewards have been released! <Insert awesome, unique rewards here. /drool>

And this is just what we have planned for the first half of the year! Stay tuned for more exciting updates for SWTOR PVP.

edit: holy moley, I forgot to add the ranked huttball league! how could I forget!

Edited by NadirPalo

first new warzone in 15 months! hnnnng! exciting, right!?

seriously though... this is what I would have liked to see in the road map:

edit: holy moley, I forgot to add the ranked huttball league! how could I forget!

was skimming this, not paying attention to the sarcasm...and got really excited before I went back and read that you were wishing this would happen :(

Edited by HeckdadddyG

was skimming this, not paying attention to the sarcasm...and got really excited before I went back and red that you were wishing this would happen :(

Not sure if I should be proud or worried about how convincingly I can mimic the writing of BW press releases. :confused:

Republic is recruiting and Core is still running regularly.

I've also seen some people from the Azure Blades around, but I'm not sure where they fall on your pvp scale. :p

It's sad to say it, but a large chunk of our previously regular players are leaving the Game for ESO (Elder Scrolls Online), so I'm waiting for that game to FAIL MISERABLY :mad: and for people to come back just like Guild Wars II.

So yeah, the few that are left have to recruit, so we can once again have semi-annoying 4 mans. :D

...anyone want to join? lol

I made a thread a ways back about how Pub side pvpers should consider forming a mega-guild to encourage communication and more play on Pubside. Many people laughed at it, stating that "why would top PVP guilds on Pub side join up with other people ... they are fine on their own".

Well, I'd like to point out once again, that Pub side PVP is on life support. Anyone who can't at least see that needs a visit to the eye doctor.

Regardless of what we do, something needs to be done.

Not helping the Republic side :p

Don't you guys get tired of Imp v. Imp all the time?

Don't you want to see some sad pebbles being tossed your way occasionally?

That's the problem with SWTOR. There's no "competition" outside of ranked WZs, which are passed dead, on every server. There's no REAL war between the Republic and the Empire. Worked better when Huttball was the only same faction WZ.

Edited by Luckeyduckey

I'll be glad to see Ebon Hawk pvp fail someday, you guys know there is no competition on this server yet here you are just a few days after Ops get the buff running 4 man Op premades. Every time I pvp it's an Imp stompfest and I'm sure you guys are having little more fun than the pubs do if you indeed really want "real pvp". You guys run these FOTM gank teams and then come to the forums spewing this "ZOMG WE CARE ABOUT PVPZ AND WANTZ YOU PUBZ TO PWAY WIFF US" BS. It's laughable and why the Pubs have quit, or at least the Pubs that I used to play with.

When you log on and have a premade going which happens rarely as it is, it doesn't matter, the random pubs that queue up are garbage grade terrible with PVE gear or 24k health. Then the premade dies and you leave with a bad taste if your mouth for SWTOR...again.

Will be glad to get away from SWTOR in about a months time, in the mean time and after have fun playing against yourselves :p

I'll be glad to see Ebon Hawk pvp fail someday, you guys know there is no competition on this server yet here you are just a few days after Ops get the buff running 4 man Op premades. Every time I pvp it's an Imp stompfest and I'm sure you guys are having little more fun than the pubs do if you indeed really want "real pvp". You guys run these FOTM gank teams and then come to the forums spewing this "ZOMG WE CARE ABOUT PVPZ AND WANTZ YOU PUBZ TO PWAY WIFF US" BS. It's laughable and why the Pubs have quit, or at least the Pubs that I used to play with.

When you log on and have a premade going which happens rarely as it is, it doesn't matter, the random pubs that queue up are garbage grade terrible with PVE gear or 24k health. Then the premade dies and you leave with a bad taste if your mouth for SWTOR...again.

Will be glad to get away from SWTOR in about a months time, in the mean time and after have fun playing against yourselves :p

As opposed to 8-man Republic premades...

LF republic PvP guild to adopt me like the poor, helpless stray I am.

Will Force Sweep for food.

EDIT: haha just kidding, i just read the proposed changes to 2.7, which nerfs the unholy hell out of sweep/smash. I am now useless. RIP one-trick-pony-Break.

#neverusingmysixkeyagain

Edited by andbreak

As opposed to 8-man Republic premades...

Haha, we responded to the community and stopped...shouldn't have because nobody else did. Anyway, it was the only way we had a good off group consistently ( seeing as it was us :eek:). Seeing as you guys usually get in an unintended or intended 8 man anyway with any combination of Void/Guerilla/Next Gen/ Project Mayhem/ Pax/ and more that I can't recall, we were quite surprised that everyone got in such a poutfest over it.

Thought you guys wanted good pvp, and GOOD PVP includes competitive wins and shockingly losses too. But what everyone wants in game ( face rolling wins ) and what everyone wants on the forums ( good pvp ) are obviously two different things entirely =X

LF republic PvP guild to adopt me like the poor, helpless stray I am.

Will Force Sweep for food.

EDIT: haha just kidding, i just read the proposed changes to 2.7, which nerfs the unholy hell out of sweep/smash. I am now useless. RIP one-trick-pony-Break.

#neverusingmysixkeyagain

Combat is good in a group, though not very solo friendly.

Anytime you see me on pub side feel free to shoot me a whisper and I'll run with you, though my connection is horrible during primetime (new apartment forces the entire complex to use the same isp...).