The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Yoda just to old?

Master-LC

So in revenge of the sith, yoda confronts palpatine after windu etc failed too stop him we are all aware of this.

But what if yoda was younger, more towards his prime lets say 700 years old. Wouldnt yoda have been able to defeat sidious? I have always wondered this. Im curious about your opinions.

It's an expanded universe explanation but here goes...

Force Fatigue is the result of the Jedi's continued belief in the Living Force, specifically Light and Dark. Their dogma has created a subconscious fear of falling to the Dark Side which erodes them at their core when they draw on that much Force power. Younger Jedi don't experience fatigue because they generally haven't learn to tap their full potential and their exposure to the Dark side is insignificant if not, nonexistent.

That's a very poor explanation and it's not verbatim, but I hope it gets the point across. When Luke started to experience Force Fatigue he eventually figured out why, I believe it was during the Vong stuff.

Edited by SirUrza

So in revenge of the sith, yoda confronts palpatine after windu etc failed too stop him we are all aware of this.

But what if yoda was younger, more towards his prime lets say 700 years old. Wouldnt yoda have been able to defeat sidious? I have always wondered this. Im curious about your opinions.

Maybe he would of, but then I Probally would have brought obi wan instead dividing up forces. Anakin was a threat but he was less of a threat than palpatine. With out palpatine anakin would be a lone dark Jedi, something I think could of been handled a little later on. Palpatine was a real problem.

They could have lost but in the end yoda lost alone and obwan won his fight and beating anakin had no affect on the immediate outcome.

It's possible, but I think far from certain.

Yoda in particular made a point during the prequels of mentioning a few times how the Force was falling out of balance - how the Jedi's power was diminished and the Dark Side was clouding everything. The Dark Side isn't inherently stronger, but the Galaxy as a whole was shifting towards the Dark thanks to the Sith manipulations and plots coming to fruition - nothing to the extent of proper a Dark Side nexus, like the cave on Dagobah, but maybe enough to tip the balance, particularly for a master like Sidious.

The fight between Yoda and Sidious wasn't so much a matter of "is 'individual force-user A' stronger than 'individual force-user B'?" as it was emblematic of how the Sith had, for a time at least, gained the upper hand overall.

Edited by DarthDymond

Force Fatigue is the result of the Jedi's continued belief in the Living Force, specifically Light and Dark. Their dogma has created a subconscious fear of falling to the Dark Side which erodes them at their core when they draw on that much Force power. Younger Jedi don't experience fatigue because they generally haven't learn to tap their full potential and their exposure to the Dark side is insignificant if not, nonexistent.

That's a very poor explanation and it's not verbatim, but I hope it gets the point across. When Luke started to experience Force Fatigue he eventually figured out why, I believe it was during the Vong stuff.

Are you trying to say Yoda died because he feared falling to the dark side?

I have never heard of Force Fatigue...

Edited by Aurbere

Maybe he would of, but then I Probally would have brought obi wan instead dividing up forces. Anakin was a threat but he was less of a threat than palpatine. With out palpatine anakin would be a lone dark Jedi, something I think could of been handled a little later on. Palpatine was a real problem.

They could have lost but in the end yoda lost alone and obwan won his fight and beating anakin had no affect on the immediate outcome.

Yoda bringing Obi-Wan wouldn't have changed a thing, except for Obi-Wan dying. Yoda told him as much.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I have never heard of Force Fatigue...

Nor have I; source, Urza?

On topic, as I recall, Yoda wasn't technically beat; in fighting the Emperor in such a Force-full duel, Yoda was finally able to, briefly, pierce the veil that had been shrouding the Dark Side and got a glimpse of the future. My speculation, as I don't think his "vision" was every truly defined, is that Yoda saw that it was not his destiny to defeat Palpatine and so fled to meditate and bide his time for the one who would.

Only mention of "force fatigue" I could find was here and it references an individuals short term force power.

It is however mentioned in the very next section that it the concept "force fatigue" is related to (personal force reservoir) is a game mechanic and doesn't any other EU mentions or explanations.

As for the definition provided in this thread (second result if you google "force fatigue star wars" by the way), I've never heard of force fatigue or any similar issue.

Only mention of "force fatigue" I could find was here and it references an individuals short term force power.

It is however mentioned in the very next section that it the concept "force fatigue" is related to (personal force reservoir) is a game mechanic and doesn't any other EU mentions or explanations.

As for the definition provided in this thread (second result if you google "force fatigue star wars" by the way), I've never heard of force fatigue or any similar issue.

So basically Yoda was one short of a full mana bar when he went to fight Sidious...