(Rep) 2.6 Impressions

Andrew_Past

In all honesty, I never had problems being kited on my jugg...other Vigi/Veng players do for some reason, but I don't feel like its anything worth complaining about, just trying to aid the cause they're trying to fight for xD Not to mention this new Ravage reset mechanic is very "LOLZ MANG U NO MOVING AWEEEY FRAM MEH! KEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"

What I was trying to do by making the slow apply only on crits is for our targets not to be perma slowed, because if we give Plasma Brand a slow during its dot duration then it'd be nasty, and we don't want even more QQ about us controlling and rooting people over and over and whatnot; my point was to make us SLIGHTLY harder to kite.

And I guess I should apologize for taking you for the type of PvE elitist who just disregards anything that can benefit PvP.

No worries. And you can always make it 6 seconds instead of the full duration.

I just want Effluence to reverse the need for a target on sweep. I need that for popping stealthers.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries. And you can always make it 6 seconds instead of the full duration.

I just want Effluence to reverse the need for a target on sweep. I need that for popping stealthers.

I know...that's pissing me off so much right now, better hope I have enough focus for Sweeping Slash...

My gear isn't even close to BiS, but putting all of Plasma Brand's Damage into the initial hit would give me an average of just under 8700 per hit, and almost 13k on crits (since it's one attack now, a crit would encompass the damage of a crit initial hit and crits on all the current DoT ticks). [using Kishek's parse: an average PB would be 8778 damage, and a crit as high as 14247] In PvE, it would usually come out to be a wash in regards to total damage (though it would assure threat pulling at the start of a fight), but that just seems wickedly overpowered for PvP, assuming no other changers were made to PB's damage.

(Disclaimer: I do not PvP in this game, at all, so my thought on such a change in regards to PvP is just from looking at damage numbers.)

That's the point. :D

You're right though, was kind of a joke. Would still like the 30% crit damage on it, even if it wasn't frontloaded. (30% crit damage on initial hit + dot, same for Blade Storm). I think Vigi/Veng needs just a bit more damage to be on par with the top specs, and since it lacks utility compared to other classes, it needs to pull it's weight more than other DPS, specially since it focuses on a melee channel.

That's the point. :D

You're right though, was kind of a joke. Would still like the 30% crit damage on it, even if it wasn't frontloaded. (30% crit damage on initial hit + dot, same for Blade Storm). I think Vigi/Veng needs just a bit more damage to be on par with the top specs, and since it lacks utility compared to other classes, it needs to pull it's weight more than other DPS, specially since it focuses on a melee channel.

Personally I think its MOSTLY fine. Top up the dots on OHS and BS and we'd be alright.

Personally I think its MOSTLY fine. Top up the dots on OHS and BS and we'd be alright.

While I would like to see the BS/OS dots become relevant, I would rather see us get some improvements in the form of in-combat toys (offensive cooldown, utility that isn't predicated upon someone failing, etc)

I think an OCD that makes bleeds do double damage for 10/20 seconds would be interesting, though it's one that just popped into my head as I typed it, so I haven't even begun to consider the balance implications of such an ability.

TBH I'd like to see Debilitation and Gather Strength merged, Commanding Awe and Defiance merged, and narrowed focus becoming a base part of shien stance OR just make Visionary proc 2 focus and remove narrowed focus from the game entirely.

That gets rid of 5 points, making Vigilance a 41 point tree. Manweth and Riivan will remember that I am an avid supporter of defiance cause it makes resource management faceroll easy and having its effects more readily available would be AWESOME.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

TBH I'd like to see Debilitation and Gather Strength merged, Commanding Awe and Defiance merged, and narrowed focus becoming a base part of shien stance OR just make Visionary proc 2 focus and remove narrowed focus from the game entirely.

That gets rid of 5 points, making Vigilance a 41 point tree. Manweth and Riivan will remember that I am an avid supporter of defiance cause it makes resource management faceroll easy and having its effects more readily available would be AWESOME.

We do have a little bloat but you'd need to merge like skills rather than just anything and probably only remove 2 or 3 points. Keeping in mind you need to retaining the 36 point critical path for PvE and keep things out of the hands of Focus and Tanks :p. Specing for PvP you have to make trade-offs from the maximum DPS spec for survivability and uptime. Putting the PvP talents we have in the PvE critical path is kind of meh. All of them are at best a minimal gain to dps maybe a dozen times over the course of an entire ops run.

I think you have it right merging debilitation with gather strength. The others I can't really get behind and a 44 point tree is perfectly in line with others.

We do have a little bloat but you'd need to merge like skills rather than just anything and probably only remove 2 or 3 points. Keeping in mind you need to retaining the 36 point critical path for PvE and keep things out of the hands of Focus and Tanks :p. Specing for PvP you have to make trade-offs from the maximum DPS spec for survivability and uptime. Putting the PvP talents we have in the PvE critical path is kind of meh. All of them are at best a minimal gain to dps maybe a dozen times over the course of an entire ops run.

I think you have it right merging debilitation with gather strength. The others I can't really get behind and a 44 point tree is perfectly in line with others.

Gather Strength is a meh talent for Vig simply because of unremitting, and it irritates me cause without unremitting gather strength is SUPREMELY powerful...

I could live with that merge as well since both are "PvP skills".

I still like the idea of merging the OS/BS burns though. If we merge 8 skill points into 4 by making both changes though then that frees up two points for a new skill to increase survivability (which apparently has been requested for a long time) like an AOE reduction.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar