Initial Merc bodyguard reactions.

Rambeezy

Still can't heal with casted abilities. This brings our ehps and survivability way down in competitive pvp, even with rapid shots being available to ourselves. The kolto shell buffs added a nice chunk of ehps to our raid healing, but this doesn't help us in pvp where we need help in pvp (interrupt relief). I'm unsubbed for the semester ATM, y'all won't see my face till the summer at the earliest. Hopefully we get the last change this class needs to be as good as ops in pvp. If not, I may stay unsubbed. Deuces.

Still can't heal with casted abilities. This brings our ehps and survivability way down in competitive pvp, even with rapid shots being available to ourselves. The kolto shell buffs added a nice chunk of ehps to our raid healing, but this doesn't help us in pvp where we need help in pvp (interrupt relief). I'm unsubbed for the semester ATM, y'all won't see my face till the summer at the earliest. Hopefully we get the last change this class needs to be as good as ops in pvp. If not, I may stay unsubbed. Deuces.

L2P Mercs are just as Viable in Competetive PvP...My merc i play with with Avg's 1800-2k HPS a WZ... 2.2-2.4k in Arenas...the Same as OPS.

L2P Mercs are just as Viable in Competetive PvP...My merc i play with with Avg's 1800-2k HPS a WZ... 2.2-2.4k in Arenas...the Same as OPS.

You don't realize who you are talking to when you say L2P, I forgive you for that. Would love to see you survive against any 2 good dps who are interrupting your healing scan and rapid scan. Raid wide ehps doesn't = survivability for merc healers, single target ehps = survivability for merc healers. Once energy shield is used and on CD, we are easily defeated by any quality team. Sorry, but your hps numbers don't mean jack against quality players. Quite simply, we need a 1v1 buff, not a 4v4/8v8/16man buff.

I am declaring fraud on your numbers too. Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Any competent dps know to just train the commando healer until his cooldowns are done and it's interrupt to win from there.

I am declaring fraud on your numbers too. Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Any competent dps know to just train the commando healer until his cooldowns are done and it's interrupt to win from there.

Agreed.

You sir, are a liar and the internet is no place for a liar

I agree that merc heals are pretty sad when it comes to a 1v1 sort of thing (lockouts and interrupts are poop), but overall I don't think they're as bad as everyone says (but I'm not at 55 yet, and probably won't ever touch ranked arenas with it).

http://i62.tinypic.com/2jcdf00.jpg

Pulled that last night, which from memory is the best I've done so far.

Lol, against what kind of setup? Have they heard of interupts or using ccs? 'Cause lets be honest here.. you're not competitive in ranked. You just aren't.

2.2-2.4k in arenas, yeah, you must be on Jung Ma or something...

While I haven't tried merc healing in competitive ranked yet, I can say for a fact that it is perfectly fine in reg warzones, and almost over powered. I did this yesterday in my 4th or 5th warzone. I was only queued up with a deception assassin. There was a PUG tank on our team but he really didn't peel for me much (at least not that I noticed because I had a Jugg on me almost constantly not mention any ranged dps or tanks on the other team trying to CC me). As you can see though, even under nearly constant pressure mercs can pull some really great numbers. Now yes we did have quite a few people taunting (which I'm sure is what helped to keep everyone alive as much as they did) but I was still getting interrupted quite often by the other team. Mercs do have some weaknesses but guess what, every class SHOULD have some sort of weakness, otherwise we would be overpowered. Even before this buff I was able to pull around 2150 hps. So yes merc heals do suffer from being interrupted, but it's much easier to keep a team up now than it used to be.

While I haven't tried merc healing in competitive ranked yet, I can say for a fact that it is perfectly fine in reg warzones, and almost over powered. I did this yesterday in my 4th or 5th warzone. I was only queued up with a deception assassin. There was a PUG tank on our team but he really didn't peel for me much (at least not that I noticed because I had a Jugg on me almost constantly not mention any ranged dps or tanks on the other team trying to CC me). As you can see though, even under nearly constant pressure mercs can pull some really great numbers. Now yes we did have quite a few people taunting (which I'm sure is what helped to keep everyone alive as much as they did) but I was still getting interrupted quite often by the other team. Mercs do have some weaknesses but guess what, every class SHOULD have some sort of weakness, otherwise we would be overpowered. Even before this buff I was able to pull around 2150 hps. So yes merc heals do suffer from being interrupted, but it's much easier to keep a team up now than it used to be.

Keeping team mates up was not my problem before and its not my problem now. Having a guard and only getting 16 kills as the winning team will inflate your numbers like crazy. Had the other team not survived most of the damage dealt, you wouldn't of had as much in combat time and therefore you wouldn't have had as much healing. Sorry, but your SS is far from the typical regular WZ. It's nice to see that you were able to keep your team from death, that's certainly a positive, but the 2mill heals with 2419.99 hps is mostly due to special circumstances, not class build.

Keeping team mates up was not my problem before and its not my problem now. Having a guard and only getting 16 kills as the winning team will inflate your numbers like crazy. Had the other team not survived most of the damage dealt, you wouldn't of had as much in combat time and therefore you wouldn't have had as much healing. Sorry, but your SS is far from the typical regular WZ. It's nice to see that you were able to keep your team from death, that's certainly a positive, but the 2mill heals with 2419.99 hps is mostly due to special circumstances, not class build.

Then what is? because if the problem is getting off casted heals, then every healing class has the same problem. Sorcs rely on casted heals. Operatives burst healing needs to be casted. One of the biggest differences in merc healing vs sorcs and operatives was that we had no proactive healing. When we were CCed our healing up time went to 0. Sorcs had bubble, operatives had hots, we had nothing except for the hope that kolto shell was on the right target. Now we have some proactive healing of our own. I'm not saying that we are perfect but we aren't bad by any means.

I do agree with you about my Screen shot being a bit of a perfect storm, but isn't everything with high numbers then? I also said that I did not have a guard in there. There was a tank but I have no clue exactly what he was doing because I rarely had guard. I suppose he was guarding teammates? or CCing the enemy healers? Regardless I did not have the guard even when I was being focused. My point was that I wasn't able to rely on casted heals and I was still able to keep a team alive. If we got some sort of interrupt immunity, then I feel we would be way over powered. I would love it if they made some sort of interrupt immunity for all classes (like if you get interrupted then you were immune to interrupts for 4 - 6 seconds or something of that nature) because that would help the "turret" classes, but who knows if something like that would ever happen.